PDA

View Full Version : First inspection

estrelas
31-03-2009, 08:10 AM
don't know when, but obviously will be in the first 6 months
I'm a bit stressed out by how much i should have done by then
I mean what if she comes next week?? :panic:
Obviously i wont have loads of eyfs stuff done?
I've done the basics but still getting to know the little one?

is it enough to know what your doing and have a plan? and it all laid out?

obviously if it takes the full six months, i should be fine
I'm just scared she'll come now :panic: :panic:

SandCastles
31-03-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm the same, I asked my co-ordinator if she could find out when it would be, but our names are picked at random, and not necessarily in the same area. I have got my personal file with my training, policies, procedures,permission forms. Then I have a learning journal for each child with lots of blank pages in it ready to fill in when I have time. I haven't got anything else done, I'm struggling with risk assesments, each time I try to write on, I get a mental block.:(

Lyns123
01-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I was registered in October, they contacted me in December to find out if i had any mindees (i had one) and they inspected me on friday. All in all i had been registered 6 months when they came. She expected everything to be up to date and looked through every file and read every word and then questioned me on things.

There is no telling when they are coming, you just need to be ready i'm afraid, they gave me a days notice!!

estrelas
01-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks for your replies!
I think i'm ready, i've done everything i'm supposed to ( i think) just a bit concerned thats all

Shar
01-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Good luck Kerri, just make sure you carry on as normal and keep up with your Obs and next steps for each child till they come and you will be fine. The learning journeys are one of the most important things you can show them as evidence that you are implimenting the EYFS.:thumbsup: