PDA

View Full Version : Door slammed in my face for asking for my fee to be on time this month

Julia
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi

Ive been looking after 2 kids for a family since September, Not once has payment ever been on time, last month 2 weeks late, so I made a promise to myself to be firmer and this morning I asked if I could have payment tonight because of inset days and half term I wouldn't be seing mum or dad for another 10 days, I got a muffeled reply of "I'll get my husband to do it" and the door slammed in my face.

Nice or what, this is a shi*ty job and no-one appresiates what we do.:angry:

Spangles
06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Do you charge late fees? If not, I think I would start. Give them a month's notice that you will start charging £5 per day that the payments late or something like that and see what happens.

They sound like horrible people with no respect for the work you do.

What's wrong with people these days?

Sorry you are having to deal with these people.

katickles
06-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Do you have it written in your contracts or policies about late payments? If so, copy this section & hand it to her when you next see her, like many others say, its your business at the end of the day, I'm sure she'd have something to say if her works didn't pay her on time!!

:)

Mollymop
06-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Blimey! What a horrible woman. I hope she appologies to you and you get your fees in time from now on. X

Pipsqueak
06-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Apart from putting in the newsletter (and or private letter) that you will be instigating "late fees" charges I would also put in their that you do not deserve nor will tolerate offensive or abusive behaviours towards yourself.

You are quite within your rights to ask for payment for services rendered and you are entitled to an appropriate response. I would also put in their that you are a business and that you are working to earn a living and have bills to pay (on time) like everyone else. Ask them to imagine how they would feel and the consquences they would suffer if their employer persistantly paid them late.

How ignorant and rude of them:angry:

sarah707
06-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I would ask for an apology and start advertising your spaces as soon as possible - no way should anyone ever treat you with that sort of disrespect! They wouldn't work for no money... nor should you! :mad:

LittleAcorns
06-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Some people are just so rude!!!!!! Do they pay you in advance or arrears, either way, you can refuse care of the child if payment isnt made by the contracted time, We love our job but dont do it for the love of it iyswim xx

Julia
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Have to be honest it is my fault because I allowed them to get away with it for so long, I should have put a stop to this straight away.

I have been printing out nice new posters to start advertising thier space, as for handing in their notice, we'll see if I get paid tonight, doubt if I'll have an apology though.

I have tried so hard with these people and their kids are a pain in the bum, they constantly ask for food even though mum and dad refuse to pay for food and ask that I keep them to 5:30 with no food and the 4 year old has the most almightly strops Ive ever witnessed.

I think it's time I started to cut away the bad wood, this family is the first for the chop I think.:laughing:

sarah707
06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Go for it! Sounds like you're on a mission now! :D

Cheeky Chops
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
aw big hugs to you....:group hug: I am sorry you are having to deal with people like that, there isnt much more I can say that hasnt been said, start charging late fees, explain this is your job and you need to be paid on time, also how do you feel about refusing childcare without payment? I have done this before and it worked instantly!! suddenly they found the pennies deep within their pockets! fancy that!!

Just remember, you are great at what you do and dont deserve to be treated like this, chin up chuck and keep on the sunny side of the street x x

jaz
06-02-2008, 04:32 PM
What terrible behaviour! You do not deserve to be treated like this. I agree with the others who say 'no payment, no childcare!'

Good luck and keep us updated.:group hug:

bestmum2have
06-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Why are you putting up with this cr........p, we are Professional people, we offer a excellent service.
Don't stand for it. Get your money from these parents and ged rid.
You deserve better.
Without us these parents wouldn't be able to work, sometimes they to easy forget this.
There are good parents out there, you don't need these nasty ones.

Julia
06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Why are you putting up with this cr........p, we are Professional people, we offer a excellent service.
Don't stand for it. Get your money from these parents and ged rid.
You deserve better.
Without us these parents wouldn't be able to work, sometimes they to easy forget this.
There are good parents out there, you don't need these nasty ones.

All my other parent are great, so Im lucky that I know how great and lovely people can be if they were my first family Id have probably have given up by now!

No it'll free up 2 spaces in my car so patentially giving me much more money.

Thanks guys, you have enpowered me to get rid of the buggers and get some nice people instead

Thanks for all the great advice and hugs.

Julia
:happy banana:

LittleMissSparkles
06-02-2008, 05:42 PM
oh that is disgusting behavoiour from these parents, If they turn up for childcare id be tempted to say erm maybe later and slam the door on her see how she likes it ..... id giver her her notice and tell her you expect to be paid on time like she does and that you will not be spoken to like that xxx

sending you hugs xxx

Banana
06-02-2008, 06:31 PM
If that had happened to me they would be luck to have me childmind for them again! I can safely say I would not be disrespected like that and would think twice about allowing them back into my home.

You are entitled to be paid on time (i know some parents dont pay when they should) but the added bonus of disrespect - i'd show them the door!

xx

brit_chick
06-02-2008, 06:54 PM
hiya julia. hope you are ok. i know how you feel! i have one single pearent that still owes me money from last year!! she makes me feel guilty when i ask because she gives me excause's about her having to pays bills & everything! i had a go at her befor xmas & she promist to pay me what she owes me but she still owes me loads!!! :angry:

Sandie
06-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear you are having a bad time, this shouldn't happen as someone said earlier they would not stand for it if there employer said to them on pay day they couldn't have their wages and shut the door on them.

I personally would not have these mindies again until she paid me at least a month in advance and when she did pay up I would give her a months notice.

Good luck

~Sandie~

deeb66
06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Have to be honest it is my fault because I allowed them to get away with it for so long, I should have put a stop to this straight away.

I have been printing out nice new posters to start advertising thier space, as for handing in their notice, we'll see if I get paid tonight, doubt if I'll have an apology though.

I have tried so hard with these people and their kids are a pain in the bum, they constantly ask for food even though mum and dad refuse to pay for food and ask that I keep them to 5:30 with no food and the 4 year old has the most almightly strops Ive ever witnessed.

I think it's time I started to cut away the bad wood, this family is the first for the chop I think.:laughing:

Good for you.....i definately think you are doing the right thing.

You shouldn't have to put up with this sort of rubbish!!!

sarah32
06-02-2008, 08:15 PM
oh my god, theres no need for it. You dont need to deal with people like that.

emler
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Glad to hear you're not going to put up with that kind of treatment - what a flippin' cheek she's got grrrrrrr!!! :mad:

Emler x

Julia
07-02-2008, 08:21 AM
I had a feeble excuse last night that the husband had taken out of the cash point at 2am his limit and couldnt get any more out until today, wife came to the door today with £100 and she did apologise (sort of) for her behaviour yesterday ahe said shes been stressed by the kids all morning.:rolleyes:

Aparently husband is going to get the rest of my money tonight, but dont hold your breath, I know I wont be.:angry:

LittleMissSparkles
07-02-2008, 08:31 AM
did you add late fee's ????

LittleMissSparkles
07-02-2008, 08:31 AM
I had a feeble excuse last night that the husband had taken out of the cash point at 2am his limit and couldnt get any more out until today, wife came to the door today with £100 and she did apologise (sort of) for her behaviour yesterday ahe said shes been stressed by the kids all morning.:rolleyes:

Aparently husband is going to get the rest of my money tonight, but dont hold your breath, I know I wont be.:angry:

thats not your fault is it though.... would they tell their mortgage people that oooh sorry could nt get the cash out !!!!!!

angeldelight
07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Yes I hope you added late fees to the payment

Just because she had been stressed with kids was no excuse for her behaviour

We are stressed every day but are not rude and we still do the job we are expected to do

Some parents

Hope you get your payment in full later

Angel xx

miffy
07-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Can only add that I think you are doing the right thing - they are not nice people and I'm sure you'll find something better

Did you get paid?

Miffy xx

Trouble
07-02-2008, 08:47 AM
wait til somone else comes along and ditch them not nice people:panic:

Julia
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
I have decided to only add late fee if I didnt get payment today and then it would have been £10 this week and £10 a day thereafter, but I felt i had to give them a chance to pay me, a notice is going out to all parents after 1/2 term stating the late fee rule that they agreed to on their contracts, hopefully this will shake them up a bit.

Im off to put my posters up in the hospital for a full and part time vacancies, Because the children are 3 and 7 so I can have another under 3 throughout the day, which was the one thing that really peed me off about there situation. so basically I was selling spaces worth £190+ for £80 a week, stupid or what.

Time to get rid
As soon as I get my full payment:p

angeldelight
07-02-2008, 10:36 AM
You are very soft - in fact you sound a bit like me - always giving people chances hahaha

Just learn though and if they do it again then make sure you do charge late fees

Good luck hope they pay the rest later

Angel xx

bestmum2have
07-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Hope you get paid later.

ruby
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
sorry you are having such problems but we agree with everyone else
get rid of them
you do not deserve that kind of treatment

hope you get all of what you are owed today

cathy and Rachel

miffy
07-02-2008, 12:30 PM
I hope you get what's due today

Miffy xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
07-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Hope you get all the money due today.

fingers crossed.

Lorraine xx

deeb66
07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Good luck with getting paid later.

I think with her attitude and behaviour it is definately time to get rid of them!

Julia
08-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Got my Money :clapping:

I stood outside her house waiting whilst her husband came back from town with the cash, I stood there for 10 minutes, baring in mind town is only 5 mins away, I think she phoned him and told him to get home with the cash because I was refusing to leave and the neighbours were all looking and they live in a very well to do estate.

At least I got it though.:laughing:

deeb66
08-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Good for you!!

Didn't she even ask if you wanted to come in and sit down and wait.....how rude!

Serves her right....hope all the neighbours saw/heard why you were waiting and embarrassed the hell out of her!

Cheeky Chops
08-02-2008, 10:13 AM
oh my! what a pickle! Im glad you got your pennies tho hun! I have been a softie in the past, but all you ladies are teaching me some common sense! so thanks cos I needed it x x

miffy
08-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Well done you :clapping: :clapping:

You shouldn't have to do that though but I'm glad you got paid

Hope they learn a lesson and do not muck you around again

Miffy xx

brillminder
08-02-2008, 12:22 PM
go to it good for you :)
i sorted two silly problems out this week and felt so much better for it instead of leaving it to niggle............

jaz
08-02-2008, 02:02 PM
So glad you got your money from them.

Like Deeb said, cant believe she didnt ask you into her home to wait.

have you ended the contract and given them notice yet?

LittleMissSparkles
08-02-2008, 02:21 PM
well done you :clapping: glad you got your money xxx

Mollymop
08-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Glad you got your money at last Julia!:)