PDA

View Full Version : feeling down any advice

disney
06-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi i looked after two children in jan , a 3 year old and a 7 year old for the day and some settling in periods after one day of using the double buggy my back was hurting so asked mum as the school was only 5 mins away could her daughter walk .but she said no and decided to take her children to some one else .

but she did not pay me i have asked her for the money and she said i will push it in the door , still have not got it bumped into her today and asked her again and she said im going to report you because you would not push the buggy and that my care is no good because i am thick ( her words)

have spoken to ncma and written to her , but they say i will not be able to get my money as it is less than £100 and that i should rise above her comments . but it still hurts as i feel that i work hard with all my children and have good positive comments from parents so sad

Spangles
06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I don't know what to say other than I think you are well rid, what a horrible, nasty woman.

I would probably just let it go if it was me and try to just put it down to experience.

Poor you, don't let it upset you too much, remember she's the one with the problem, not you.

katickles
06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh i'm really sorry to hear this, sounds really horrible. If you ask me, you'll be better off not caring for this ladies children, she sounds a right one!

Doesn't help with the money situation I know & I can't really suggest anything that will, but keep your chin up - she'll probably be bluffing about reporting you so that she gets away with not paying!!

Did you not get a deposit from her?
:)

muminamini
06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh Disney Poor You!
I know it is easier said than done but I would honestly try and forget about her and chalk it down to experience.

Next time I would insist on being paid in advance and also take a deposit that the parent will forfeit if they just up and leave without paying you. It sounds like she is a horrible person and to be honest you are probably best off without minding her children if she is like that.

I am sure you are a lovely person and a new mindee will come your way, you will be able to start afresh and we are all here to help you.

Thinking of you and as my dad always tells me..
Don't let the B:censored: rds grind you down!!!!

xxx

katickles
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Don't let the B:censored: rds grind you down!!!!

xxx[/QUOTE]

Oh & thats fab advice - couldn't have put it better myself :laughing: :laughing:

Polly2
06-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh Disney she sounds horrible

Just try and think positive - you probably would have had other problems with her further down the line so you are well rid.

I am sure you will fill your spaces soon :thumbsup:

bestmum2have
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
The same thing happened to me when I first started minding years ago.
Put it down to experience and learn from it.
Don't trust people on face value. wait until they pay you properly and you get to know them more.
Any consequences over the years I've had some great parents, really good people.
Your better off rid, plenty more that will appreciate you.

LittleAcorns
06-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Oh Disney, like already said you are well rid of this ignorant user. she just simply doesnt want to pay, if a 3 year old cant walk 5 mins then i dont know, I live a mile from my school and regularly walk, kids screaming behind me lol only kidding......always get your money in advance, then you know youve been paid...........take care and look forward to chatting x x x

sandy
06-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Every one else is absolutely right, You are well rid of this one - she would have been nothing but trouble :angry:

I would warn other cm's about her aswell, she's not a good 'un to have on your books

I bet your next family will be fine, keep your chin up ;)

Sandy

LittleMissSparkles
06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
what a bit** ..... you are well rid of her, only concern would be if shes going round bad mouthin you, keep your chin up down andashas been said dont let the Barstools get you down xxx

Twinkles
06-02-2008, 06:54 PM
What a nasty woman!! To be honest I wouldn't even have thought to ask her if it was ok for her daughter to walk. If she was in my care I make the decisions and it wouldn't occur to me that a three year old wouldn't be capable of walking such a short distance.

merry
06-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I would warn other cm's about her aswell

We were told on a course not to do this, it's a breach of confidentiality, though the tutor did say that what you don't say can speak volumes!
I agree with everyone else, put it down to experience and move on, she sounds awful and not worth getting upset over. I wouldn't put a 3 year old in a buggy either, my double buggy is heavy enough with a pair of 1 year olds in it!

:)

deeb66
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I agree with everyone else.....you are well rid of her!

Rubybubbles
06-02-2008, 07:58 PM
What a nasty woman!! To be honest I wouldn't even have thought to ask her if it was ok for her daughter to walk. If she was in my care I make the decisions and it wouldn't occur to me that a three year old wouldn't be capable of walking such a short distance.

with you on that one, the lo 2 I look after walks everywhere:laughing:

Banana
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I just wanted to say I hope you are ok, I would be crushed if someone said something that horrible to me.

I hope you have taken no notice, she is obviously a B****.

Big hugs to you and try not to let it get to you (i know something like that probably hurt), chin up!!

xxxxx

nannysue
06-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry you have had such a nasty experience but don't be too upset you have done nothing wrong. Believe me you are well rid, forget her all together and look forward to your next one. There are a lot of really nice parents around and i'm sure 1 will be heading your way very soon. Take care Sue x

Tily Bud
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
So sorry to hear you have had problems with this nasty parent x Cant believe she thought her child of 3 couldnt walk to school :angry:

Tily Bud
06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry also meant to say in future i would just make the decision yourself and walk the child x its not as though you are harming them in any way x

angeldelight
06-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree with everyone else

Poor you

Hugs

Angel xx

mamapink
07-02-2008, 11:23 AM
hi

Both my dds walked at that age ( i did not drive then ) I had a buggy board for my eldest who was nearly three when youngest was born (but the hunched back postion which i had to do ment it was hardly attached )
The buggy was in the shed by the time the youngest was 3.

I think you were right pushing that weight would be far too much

bye
pink:o
xx

ruby
07-02-2008, 12:26 PM
we agree a 3 year old is quite capable of walking that distance
what a horrible women
don't think she will report you only saying that to frighten you off

don't let it upset you

cathy and Rachel

miffy
07-02-2008, 12:43 PM
What a vile woman

You are definitely better off without her

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
07-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Amy isnt 3 until April and quite happily walks to school and back again the most of the time anyway :rolleyes: , she will ask to walk rather than go in the pushchair xxx

Mollymop
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
My Caitlin is 3 and she walks up the school - 15 min walk, and back- 15 min walk, and then to playschool after lunch - 15 mins and thn home from playschool/school - another 15 mins.

She has to do that every single school day - 1 hour walking a day.

So I dunno what the womans problem is with a 5 min walk, seems as though she is just tryinto be funny with you. So like everyone else says, be grateful you are shot of her and put it down to experience.

How dreadful, though, calling you thick, I would have been scared that I might have punched her head in, I would have been that mad!

disney
08-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi just wanted to say a big thank you to all who have sent me kissies and hugs , it has made me feel so much better . and the advice has been well listened to .its real nice to have such good support .

i am still angry as mum had said she did not want her child to walk as this would make her tired and she did not want her to sleep at all , but she is with another minder and i have seen her walking and in a pushchair asleep . and no i am not going to say anything to the minder dont want to be involved . infact she isnt even worth talking about .

on a brighter note i have a 2 year old just started and she is so sweet and mum is happy for her to sleep if she needs it , and she loves to walk alot , also has payed me already and will pay every week in advance .

love to you all xxx

Twinkles
08-02-2008, 09:42 AM
So glad you're feeling happier XX:clapping:

Polly2
08-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Thats great Disney

Its fab when mums are easy going about their kids! (and when they pay on time ha ha)

x

elaineg
08-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I wouldnt put a three year old in a buggy for five minute walk, your well rid.

love Elaine XXXX

deeb66
08-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Glad to hear that you are feeling better :thumbsup:

Monkey1
08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Glad to hear things are better for you now, you dont need people like that!
People dont realise how physical this job is sometimes. I often have 3 in a pushchair and it's a killer! The trouble is that everyone these days are so lazy and it's making their kids lazy too. It is far too easy to pop the kids in the car rather than to encourage them to walk. My three year old mindee wals amile to school in the morning, a mile back, repeating it in the afternoon, a grand total of 4 miles a day, and i would like to add he never moans, and i am a very proud childminder!

emler
08-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I know what you mean about lazy kids Monkey. I have a 4 and a half year old mindee who wants to go in the buggy!!! She is driven everywhere by her parents so its a shock to her system to come to me (I don't drive!!!). There is no chance of me pushing her around in the buggy.

Emler x