PDA

View Full Version : increase in minded children

rebjay123
06-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I have been minding for nearly five years but had six months off due to illness, I started minding again in November. OFSTED were happy to accept my doctors report that I was fit and healthy again and came out to see me to confirm everything was fine. I filled my vacancies fairly quickly but they are now ( three months later ) insisting i have a medical with one of their own consultants but am fine to mind until then. My GP has written to them but they insist. I currently mind a child just one hour a day and have been asked to have another child all afternoon on the same days until may so the overlap would be one hour a day with both children over lunchtime, just had a call from OFSTED to say they suggest i write and withdraw my request to do this rather than have it refused which would go on my record with them. They said the request did not fit into their criteria to consider and partly because my 'health issues' had not been resolved even though everyone was happy with this before Xmas. Has anyone been in either the situation of asking for an ammended certificate or health issues cos i'm totally confused by them all!!

Pipsqueak
06-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Sorry to hear you are having a tough time - isn't that just typical of OFSTED, I am sure their sole purpose in life is to make things as hard as possible.

I haven't got time for a full reply and I shall come back to this later after the school run (I didn't want to just look and run)

xxx

sarah707
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I am sorry I have not had anything like this happen but I think as things stand at the moment you will have to play their game... see the consultant, get the all clear then look at increasing your numbers...

i hope it all goes smoothly for you :D

jmoff
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
HI

sorry to hear that!

I would do what they say and get checked by their consultant...

that's really bizzare though...
Good luck!

Jana

Teresa
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
I had a medical with one of there doc's before i was alllowed to mind, because i was off sick at my job (which i was giving up to start minding) with stress. i just had to go to a medical centre here in notts and the doctor just asked what was the caurse off the stress , if i was ok now? etc. was there about 5 mins, i think it just ofsted making sure i was not crazy .... i am going into minding kids ... we all are .... got to be havent we ???

Tily Bud
07-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Im sure the medical will go perfectly ok xx

In relation to increasing your numbers are'nt there certain criteria you need to fill in order to up your numbers ?

Think they are - siblings, continuation of care, just not sure what the other is :eek: maybe someone else will come along and fill you in x

Ive had my numbers upped 3 times now and always had to prove that i filled all the criteria x

rebjay123
07-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Ha Ha, how dim am I ? My youngest son will be 5 at the end of january and I forgot he is in full time school so is already classed as in my 5 to 8 age group.
I have written to Ofsted today to withdraw my application as they advised but still requested a variation because of this. Lets see how we go......

rebjay123
07-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Ha Ha, how dim am I ? My youngest son will be 5 at the end of Feb and I forgot he is in full time school so is already classed as in my 5 to 8 age group.
I have written to Ofsted today to withdraw my application as they advised but still requested a variation because of this. Lets see how we go......

rebjay123
07-02-2008, 01:45 PM
ooooh thats weird, posted it twice!!!!