PDA

View Full Version : Grumpys Manchester

singlewiththree
30-03-2009, 09:59 AM
No I'm not being grumpy - there is a place where you can get scrap for crafts. I've just been to their website as I used to be a member when I ran a holiday club but I believe the manchester one was affected by the fire last sept and hasn't reopened but the nearest one is salford or blackpool.

Does anyone use it? Its £10 to join as a childminder for the year. I'm not sure if its worth travelling to salford for me (30mins on motorway).

http://www.grumpy.org.uk

miffy
30-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Ha ha - I wasn't sure what this was about - thought it might have had something to do with us meeting up in Manchester in April :laughing:

Sorry Paula, can't help you - sounds good though, our local scrapstore charges more than that for membership

Miffy xx

RachelE
30-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I went to the one in Salford about 3 years ago.

- I was like a kid in a sweet shop!!

I'd gone on a course on multicultural costumes, based there and then you got to have alook round and purchase. I have to admit I only went for a nosey! I got some really big pieces of card for wall displays ect and loads of other stuff. Its amazing all of the cheap stuff you can get - and things you wouldnt get in a normal shop as mostof it comes donated from factories.

I would say worth a visit.

I moved away from Manchester last year, but would love to find a local one.

angeldelight
30-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Sounds great

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
30-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh no, I don't believe it, Manchester Grumpys closed down I used to go there loads in the past but havn't been for a while.

I don't think it would make much difference for me to go to Salford instead of Manchester from here.

I keep thinking I should go but its a long way just to pick up 1 or 2 things.

sarah707
30-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Maybe we could plan a day out there Celest?? I'd like to go for a nosey :D

Heaven Scent
30-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Yes I'd love to go - its only open business hours Mon - Fri - lets sort something out but for after Mon,Tues,Weds & Fris I have to be back for pick ups Thurs I have 2 LO's how are your Thurs at the Moment. I suppose if we left early am we could be back in plenty of time for pick ups - its only 1 shop after all. - Let me know

justthe1
31-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi,

Funnily enough I went there yesterday (have been a member for a few months), and they were closed for a stock take! I should have phoned before I went...bit of a trek from Stockport. They usually have some good stuff for model making/off cuts of fabric/bits and bobs really - and they have hundreds of little black tubs from Lush (the smelly shop!), which I have been using to keep small crafty bits in - but, since shopping in Lush more recently I have discovered if you return five of their used black pots to their store you get a free face mask (around £5 i think)!

Overall I think Grumpy Salford is worth a visit - but I hope the Manchester one re-open soon!

Sarah.

singlewiththree
31-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm thinking of trekking over at some point. Maybe get my mum to watch my girls on Thursday afternoon so I can go.