PDA

View Full Version : Fees for dropping children off at other childminders

DudleyChildmind
29-03-2009, 02:42 PM
My daughter looks after two children after school and the parent has asked us if we can drop them off at another childminders house twice a week who works until 10:30pm. My daughter walks to school so she would have to fetch them and bring them back here until I am back from another school run with the car. I would then pick the two children up from here and drop them off.

I think we should still charge her for collecting the children from school but do I charge the parent any extra for petrol? It will probably take me about 3/4 hour round trip with the traffic.

Has anyone ever done this before and if so, what did you charge?

huggableshelly
29-03-2009, 02:54 PM
so how long will the child be in your care? 1 hour? 2 hours? charge for full hours its more than your petrol allowance.

why cant the other childminder pick up from you? parent is being rather cheeky really expecting you to be a taxi service when she must know you have other children to care for too who do not really want to be stuck in a car for 45 mins.

DudleyChildmind
29-03-2009, 03:19 PM
so how long will the child be in your care? 1 hour? 2 hours? charge for full hours its more than your petrol allowance.

why cant the other childminder pick up from you? parent is being rather cheeky really expecting you to be a taxi service when she must know you have other children to care for too who do not really want to be stuck in a car for 45 mins.

The children will probably be in our care for approximately one hour and I charge a sessional fee of £8.00 for up to 2 hours after school care.

The childminder they might be going to doesn't live around here but she does do late nights and it's the only childminder who can help at the moment. I don't want to be stuck in traffic or lose out cost wise but I don't mind helping the parent if I can. I don't want to charge her too much but I would like to cover the cost of the petrol.

amirose
29-03-2009, 03:21 PM
The children will probably be in our care for approximately one hour and I charge a sessional fee of £8.00 for up to 2 hours after school care.

The childminder they might be going to doesn't live around here but she does do late nights and it's the only childminder who can help at the moment. I don't want to be stuck in traffic or lose out cost wise but I don't mind helping the parent if I can. I don't want to charge her too much but I would like to cover the cost of the petrol.

Could you not include the travel time in your fees? Just a thought :thumbsup:

huggableshelly
29-03-2009, 03:24 PM
might be worth calcultaing your mileage then see what works out for the better £8.00 for the session or £4.00 for the hour with mileage on top ... i wouldn't do it but then I have too many mindees most days and would have to wait until 5:30pm. from what I remember of dudly the roads are mad that time of night but then its pretty much the same anywhere now with people trying to get home.

jellytot
29-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I would also charge your travel time there and back.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I would charge petrol per mile there and back and your time there and back.

mushpea
29-03-2009, 05:38 PM
I have dropped mindees off before at their homes due to various reasons, i charge hourly rates so charged them untill i got back home on the hourly rate.

singlewiththree
29-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Would it not be easier for the parent for the child to get a taxi from school to the other childminder?

mandy moo
30-03-2009, 08:05 AM
I would charge petrol per mile there and back and your time there and back.

I would :) do the sameas debbie

wendywu
30-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I woukld round the whole package up to a set amount. It is not just petrol but time and inconvience. I would ask for at least fifteen pounds per session to include drop offs, maybe more.