PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone have a

devoncm
29-03-2009, 11:42 AM
selling point?

Looking at some other threads some people have different things to offer their setting such as offering different language.

I was wondering if most people had something sectacular to offer

Im looking at what i can offer at the mo as a great selling point, i did start on a course on child psycology, but didnt finish in time, maybe i could find the money to start it again, i dont know,

Im just trying to sell myself as im not getting any calls but other minders are.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Mine is "Continuity of Care" and I sell this to the parents stating that if I took their child on I would continue until they were at school unless I won the lottery or for health reasons and I explain to them what that means to their childs development.

Allie
29-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I put my Ofsted grade and highest qualification on my adverts as well as saying how long I have been childminding so they can see experience plus qualifications plus Outstanding grading.
Most people actually choose me because they know someone who used me before

Allie

PixiePetal
29-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Mine is experience - 26 years as Nanny and Childminder. Also 'home from home' setting.

Most have come by word of mouth though after Minding for over 14 years. I am comfortable doing what I do and think it comes across at interviews.

devoncm
29-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Ok thanks, think i need more confidence at interviews. Havent had many mindees yet, 2 siblings were a friends, another because the boy loved my dog and the mindee i got now my step son knew her from nursery

angeldelight
29-03-2009, 12:00 PM
My selling point is ................

ME !!!!!

What more could a person want hey ?

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

singlewiththree
29-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I offer term time only contracts and provide the food :) what more could they want. I like to have the hols to chill and teachers are such good payers

fionamal
29-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Mine is to provide all snacks and meals included in their fee.

No-one else in my area provides food but I am 50p hour dearer than them

FussyElmo
29-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I know this sounds silly but I usually get called before my friends just simply because of the surname is first alphabetically....

I also tend to find all my work has come from word of mouth!

sue
29-03-2009, 09:18 PM

ME !!!!!

Angel xx

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:very good

estrelas
30-03-2009, 09:16 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

singlewiththree
30-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I know this sounds silly but I usually get called before my friends just simply because of the surname is first alphabetically....

I also tend to find all my work has come from word of mouth!

That is so true! I got the courses book last because mine begins with W. I always make sure I update the CIS website each week even if I have no changes they put me to the top :) plus I'm the only CM in my area that advertises their website on there!

Schnakes
30-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I would love to go in disguise to interview the other local childminders, but we all know each other, so I darent pretend Im looking for childcare!!

Id love to know what they say. I have a schpiel that I use every time and it hasnt really let me down so far...

I dont really know what my selling point is, Id love to know. Maybe I could do a little quationarre for the parents...something along the lines of

Please tell me what my selling point is cos I really dont know:............................................. ..........................................
.................................................. .............................................

Heh!

Sx

pumpkinsmum
30-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Oooh, what a good topic, great to see what others selling points are :thumbsup: mine is flexible hours, few children minded at once and daily outdoor activities (weather permitting). Well I think it is, haven't been doing it long but something is working somewhere, I've had to turn down 3 parents and I've only been registered for a month. Let us know what you decide yours is xxx ;)

Hebs
30-03-2009, 06:34 PM
my selling points are

extensive experience of special needs and challenging behaviour
fully flexible in regards to working hours (ie late nights, weekends, overnight care)
Fee's include all meals and outing costs

:thumbsup:

deeb66
30-03-2009, 06:52 PM

ME !!!!!

Angel xx

This is what I would have said too.

I mean how could they want for anything more ha ha

nannymcflea
30-03-2009, 08:30 PM
ooooh, this made me think....I'm very flexible, tend to take on part timers, and am quite happy in the mornings:laughing: