PDA

View Full Version : What can I do??

pinklady
29-03-2009, 11:14 AM
I've just had a call from a very desperate Mum who needs emergency childcare this week. I can help out because 4 weeks on I still haven't received my start up kit from NCMA:angry: I told her that I can't look after her without a child record form. Am I right in saying this? Is it worth a call to ofsted?

I've called and left a message with a local childminding buddy to see if I can beg, borrow or steal a form from her.:blush:

I just really want to help out she sounded close to tears.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-03-2009, 11:46 AM
If you are registered and have your certificate you can start and be paid. if you don't you cannot be paid but you could work from her home. A record form doesn't have to be NCMA one and I have attached mine and hope it helps but change it in anyway that helps you.

If your insurance isn't through call NCMA and ask them to fax/email a cover note and explain why.

angeldelight
29-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I've just had a call from a very desperate Mum who needs emergency childcare this week. I can help out because 4 weeks on I still haven't received my start up kit from NCMA:angry: I told her that I can't look after her without a child record form. Am I right in saying this? Is it worth a call to ofsted?

I've called and left a message with a local childminding buddy to see if I can beg, borrow or steal a form from her.:blush:

I just really want to help out she sounded close to tears.

Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

pinklady
29-03-2009, 12:06 PM
If you are registered and have your certificate you can start and be paid. if you don't you cannot be paid but you could work from her home. A record form doesn't have to be NCMA one and I have attached mine and hope it helps but change it in anyway that helps you.

If your insurance isn't through call NCMA and ask them to fax/email a cover note and explain why.

Thank you so, so much!! You've just saved the day!!:jump for joy:

Pipsqueak
29-03-2009, 12:35 PM
do you know any childminders in your area who you could borrow a contract and record form from? What about asking your CDO?

huggableshelly
29-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Good Luck xxx