PDA

View Full Version : is he right?

gegele
29-03-2009, 09:07 AM
i've been trying to write a message to advertise my setting. i asked my husband how i could word that i'm french and i'll be initiating children to french etc and this is the conversation that followed:

HIM: "it might be putting some people off so don't mention it"
ME: "they will realise i'm french and if it's a problem for them they have nothing to do in my house!!!"
HIM" i'm just saying let them see you're alright first!!!!"

:eek: :eek:

i was gobsmaked!!! but is he right? should i keep the info for later? do i put it in ad? if yes how?

don't be afraid to sound arsh i just want the truth not some politically correctness nonsense.

thanks

miffy
29-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I think he's wrong but don't see why you need to mention that you are French, it shouldn't be an issue.

What I would be plugging is that you can speak/teach French with your mindees.

At our playgroup they have a French lady who comes in to teach some French and the sessions are really popular with the mindees and parents

Miffy xx

huggableshelly
29-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I think parents will jump at the additional skills you have to offer. Go for it and good Luck xxx

Megan
29-03-2009, 09:17 AM
I also think that you should pointing out that your are an English/French speaking household.

I care for bi-lingual children and they are an assett to the other children and myself.:clapping:

ORKSIE
29-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Think its fantastic that you can bring extra language skills into your setting. I agree with everyone.
:clapping: :thumbsup:

helenlc
29-03-2009, 09:54 AM
I would mention something along the lines of being a bi-lingual household and that therefore you can offer children early French language skills in your setting.

When I worked in a pre-school a few years ago, we had a French Mum who came in a taught the children how to count in French, say Hello Goodbye etc. The kids loved it and picked it up really quick.

Go for it!!

gegele
29-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I would mention something along the lines of being a bi-lingual household and that therefore you can offer children early French language skills in your setting.

thank you i did put that i was bi-lingual and just edited my message to correct my sentence as yours sounds better ah ah ah

thank you for your help ladies much appreciated.

Pipsqueak
29-03-2009, 10:02 AM
We all need a "selling point" that makes us stand out from the rest and that is yours - being bi-lingual.

If I came across a bi-lingual minder I would be very interested (although I am extremely happy with current childminder lol)

sarah707
29-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Can he tell you why he thinks that way?

I think he's wrong by the way :D

Chatterbox Childcare
29-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I am with everyone here and you should use it to your advantage and advertise the fact that you are bi lingual and can offer lessons.

sunflower
29-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I think its great that you have another language to offer the mindees

I would definitely mension it somewhere on your advert

good luck :D

helenlc
29-03-2009, 11:43 AM
thank you i did put that i was bi-lingual and just edited my message to correct my sentence as yours sounds better ah ah ah

thank you for your help ladies much appreciated.

No problem - lol :laughing: :laughing:

sammy
29-03-2009, 05:52 PM
i think you should add your french, some parents are just looking for french carers same as muslim which is what my parents were looking for (although im not muslim, but she would of preferred a muslim childminder.

I did see someone specifically ask for a french childminder on netmums a while ago, so yes it would be beneficial if you stood out.

Ripeberry
29-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I've advertised myself as being able to speak French, have A-level and lived in Switzerland (French part) for almost 10yrs, but problem is that around here we have lots of Germans! :)

Shar
29-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I think it's "tres bon" that you are able to teach young children French as well as English. Bon chance!!!:thumbsup: