Sx

miffy
28-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Err, no and no!

Why?

Miffy xx

huggableshelly
28-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I do a sort of circle time on a monday during snack where we talk about what happened at the wkend and if the mindees would like a specific activity for the week. (afterschoolies that is)

I dont so home visits though can see the need if a child is particularly struggling with settling in.

Schnakes
28-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Have been on three courses in the last two weeks - all three actively promoting home visits (for childminders as well).

As for circle time, Im sure I remember seeing someone on here doing it - couldnt remember who so I thought I would chuck it in there!!!

Sx

John
28-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I use to do this when i was working in a preschool and nursery as a nursery nurse doing a home visit before the child start's. circle time use to be once a week passing a teddy bear around the group asking the children a question as they had hold of the teddy.

Having a mixt group in childminding are circle time are meal times now.

John.

Pipsqueak
29-03-2009, 12:25 AM
i will start home visits with any new mindees - a friend of mind does and she says that it often gives a real insight into the "real" child. lol

circle time - nope :D we have sofa-snuggle time, we sit and talk, read a book, sing etc. just the right amount of kids to be able to do this:D

Schnakes
29-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Two of the three courses also mentoined circle time but my kids are either too young to understand or too "EAL" to understand, so its a total no-go;-er in my setting, although I would actually love to be able to do a proper circle time.

Sx

singlewiththree
29-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Well I'm going to sign contracts at their house, does that count? She has had a csection and the baby is only 17days old so have agreed to go to their house. Feels weird actually not to be on my own turf.

As for circle time it depends what you do in it. At meal times we take it in turns to say what has happened that day, what we liked and didn't like. We also sit down in a circle at music time when we do nursery rhymes and musical instruments so in a way I must do.

sarah707
29-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Home visits I would consider to be inclusive... but I do not think as a matter of course it would be safe!! Personal safety must come first.

Circle time with 2 children would be a bit silly. We do sit and chat at snack though... does that count? :D

miffy
29-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I think parents might be a bit surprised if I suggested visiting them at home.

I once said to a parent I'd pop round with the paperwork, as baby was asleep and she couldn't get to me, and she was panic stricken because she hadn't cleaned her house!

Miffy xx

angeldelight
29-03-2009, 08:42 AM
I think parents might be a bit surprised if I suggested visiting them at home.

I once said to a parent I'd pop round with the paperwork, as baby was asleep and she couldn't get to me, and she was panic stricken because she hadn't cleaned her house!

Miffy xx

Yes I know what you mean mine would be the same

I think it would be a good idea though - they see us in our setting so why shouldnt we see what they are really like at home and how they live ?

It might make us see them in a different light haha

We dont do circle time but we do have 15 min in the afternoon for stories or whatever they want to do when we are relaxing - some of the older ones call it circle time but we mostly call it "Sit and Snuggle" time
Little ones sit on my lap and I read a story or the older ones read a story - but we all chill out whatever

Angel xx

huggableshelly
29-03-2009, 09:18 AM
i went to a parents home once to deliver a bed my sone had outgrown for her little one.

WOW her place was perfect it made me feel below her but then I realised where are the toys? why is her home so perfect ... oh yes now I know i have her child 10 hours a day ... well not now as school has him for 7 lol but thats beside the point ... very sad though