PDA

View Full Version : Planning Consent

mdynes
28-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Has anyone who has requested an increase in numbers of over 6 children been asked to get planning consent??? My husband and I are trying sooooooo hard to work together and our local council keep moving the goal posts. They want us to apply for planning consent now at the cost of £300 with no promises Care Commission will not progress hubbies application without the planning department

sarah707
28-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi and welcome! :D

Yes it's normal to have to pay to apply for planning in England for over 6 children...

I don't know about Scotland sorry.

mushpea
28-03-2009, 08:32 PM
wow i didn't know this does this apply to under 8s only or all of your children, a freind of mine has just been granted an extenstion on her certificate so she can have 6 under 5's 2 days of the week and 4 under 5's the rest of the week, would she need planning permision?

rickysmiths
28-03-2009, 09:18 PM
It applies if you ask OFESTED to register you for more than 6 yearly years, so the under eights. It is required because up to six and they don't regard us as a 'business'. You will probably find that there is a clause in your house Deeds thats restricts you from running a commercial business from a residential property. This is done to pryect us from businesses for popping up in the middle of residential areas that may cause a nuisance to everyone.

The council therefore reserve the right through Planning permission to refuse you. Ofsted need to see that permission will be granted before they will confirm any new Registration conditions!

The other thing you may want to get some advise on apart from the planning process is how it will affect you when you sell your house in the future because you may be liable to pay Capital Gains Tax on the profit you make on selling.

I know loads of people who have done this very successfully and it differs depending where you live so don't be put off.

ruby
29-03-2009, 05:44 PM
we are in wales but

one of the childminders here was thinking of doing it as when she and her hubby first registered she had 6 under 5 of course now some of them are going to school full time and she can't replace them as they all still count in her numbers
she had her inspection a couple of weeks ago she mentioned it to the inspector. The inspector had no problems increasing her numbers but said that
the planning office was not granting anyone premission at the moment.and they couldn't do so with planning premission.

she is still not sure what to do as she doesn't wanted to waste £300 if they are not going to give it to her but the only alternative is to give notice to some of the children going to school but she doesn't want to do that either

cathy