PDA

View Full Version : My books!!

Jelly Baby
28-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Ok firstly someone on here had a very extensive list of expenses and i save it and cannot find it now as we have a new pc..any ideas would be great thanks..

Secondly, after last year i lagged with my books on tallying figures up etc and swore i would do it monthly as of the new tax year, i have been quite good and have done up till feb BUT i have noticed the odd couple of months have higher fuel costs compared with the rest and i have mucked them up, instead of putting 1 journey for the 4 kids i take i have done it x4 therfore making my fuel higher (had a blonde moment)..now i havent claimed for some bits reading this like cleaning bits and other odds and sods so was wondering if i should leave the fuel and leave everything ive missed out or re-do it all (which could take ages)..

What would you do? Thanks

TheBTeam
28-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I personally would correct it but in bulk, by adding in a lump sum amount for all the miscalculated miles and not which obut it applies to, and then work out the bits i had missed off.

I think it is important for the accounts to be a true reflection and therefore you should not say that i have done this but not done that to try and make up for it. I would not re write what i have done just correct it in march.

The inland revenue aren't worried about your month by month breakdown they will take an overall end of year figure and if they ever inspect you can show you have realised and corrected an error.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Hope these help

Please note that they are a guide and not approved by any official authority - i.e. the IR

Someone also said that as we are registered as a food agency we could claim for the oven clean