PDA

View Full Version : No.of hours?

aly
28-03-2009, 06:58 PM
how would you work out my hours of work??? for the purpose of workign out the percentages of claiming towards costs etc.

besides trying to do paperwork which is confuzzling me lol

{B}tue & thur 5 hours a day
{d&o} school pickup and/or drop off. rotared so not the same every week...next week i will only have them 3.30-5.30pm for 3 mornings...last week i had them 5 days 2 @ 7.30-9.00 - then 3 @ 3.30-5.30

each week is different

so...what would you say lol:idea:

mushpea
28-03-2009, 07:11 PM
how about working out some sort of average over so many weeks then use that .
at the moment i work 10hrs a day 4 days a week for one family and for the other i do 19.5hrs per week , I can only claim for 40hrs for tax purposes as you claim for the amount of hours you work overall not for each child if you get what i mean

Ripeberry
28-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I think you would go by your signing in book. You should log them in and out even if they go to nursery or school during the day as if there was a fire or any visitors in your house you need to show that they were not there IYKWIM? Then at the end of each week/month count up the hours used.
That's how i plan to do it, go by what they actually use.

rickysmiths
28-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Sorry but if you use your register and the accutal hours you will not be using the right figures.

For example. When the child is a pre-school, they are not physically with you but if you drop them off and pick them up and are being paid for the middle time you are still at work because you are responsible for them.

Last week I had to send two children home sick, one left at 12.15 one day and should have been here until 6pm, The other went home at 2.15 on a different day instead of 6pm. I was still at work and I had heated the house, shopped and prepared for afternoon snack and tea and for activites that did not happen.
I will be claiming until 6pm on those days.

I do take off my holidays though.

huggableshelly
28-03-2009, 11:01 PM
go by the hours you are open for business so 2 days a wk 5 hours a day - 10 working hours

the following wk is a little more so work out your average opening times and work your % on say 15 hours a wk if that's what your average is.

as rickysmiths has already stated don't go by your register ... if you are booked in to work till 5:30 then those are your opening hours but if children leave early makre sure you put their departure time exact in the register.