PDA

View Full Version : courses i've enroled on

gailee
28-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I've been asked by a company to do my playwork course (NVQ3??)and to do another course as well somthing learning development home course and there free ofsted approved.... I'm a bit worry on what i've taken on ?? But if it helps me to improve my job and something else under my belt!! and its FREE

Gailx

Donkey
28-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I would speak with your community team as I know these types of companies have been calling lots of childminders, offering them courses...

they rang me and offered me health and social care which they told me was ideal for me........................?????

I said no as I wanted to do ccld.

As far as I know the playwork nvq is more suitable for creche and play workers.

Childcare, Learning and Development (CCLD) or DHC is what you need to be doing. I would go for the CCLD as you can move to work in a nursery or pre-school if you wanted to. where as DHC is just for childminders.

If you are doing ccld they will come out of and watch you with children, it is hard work but I have had support from the fantastic ladies on here :clapping:

gailee
28-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi they are legit company and the other course is the ccld?? glad someone heard of it???

Shar
28-03-2009, 02:11 PM
If you do the CCLD it's great!! I did mine recently funded by my local authority, it was time consuming but worth it in the end. Good luck!!:thumbsup:

cher25
28-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Im doing the ccld now. Free. I have an assessor come out and she just observes me and asks me questions. I have now found out there is a couple of thing's to write up but not a lot. Most of mine is recorded on a tape while she is here and then its sent to whoever gives out the qualification. Cant think too much, it's getting late and im having some wine.lol Pm me if you like and ill give the company name that im doing it through as they may do your area aswell. I only applied to do this course after seeing an ad on netmums.