PDA

View Full Version : Fire Safety Evaluation

singlewiththree
28-03-2009, 07:11 AM
I was wondering if you could cast your eyes over this. Is this correct for a fire safety check of the house?

sarah707
28-03-2009, 08:34 AM
That looks great to me!

You could also link it to other documents you might have... COSHH, Evacuation Procedure, getting out of the house floor map and picture, ways of teaching fire safety to children without scaring the little monsters to death...

Hth :D

singlewiththree
28-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Of course..... sometimes just can't see the obvious. Thanks Sarah.

mumof4
28-03-2009, 11:01 AM
That looks fab, have you booked on the fire safety in the home course with sure start, another string to your bow!:)

singlewiththree
28-03-2009, 11:21 AM
That looks fab, have you booked on the fire safety in the home course with sure start, another string to your bow!:)

All the courses are booked up, for some reason I got my booklet 2 days after everyone else, they probably put the envelopes on in alphabetical order and my surname is W. (sigh) I'm on the waiting list but not holding out much hope on getting on anything until the next booklet comes out in Sept.

Sarah Louise
28-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Just being picky now but have you a record of how often and when you check your smoke alarms. Ps Do you have one in each room as that seems quite a lot. Fire brigade came out to me and only fit 3, one in playroom, hall and upstairs landing. X

sarah707
28-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Just being picky now but have you a record of how often and when you check your smoke alarms.

I would think most people have that on their daily / weekly safety checks rather than on their fire practice records ... but thinking about it, if you do a fire practice, then you are going to set off your fire alarm so I suppose there wouldn't be any harm in adding a box to tick to say the alarm has been checked would there?

Ps Do you have one in each room as that seems quite a lot. Fire brigade came out to me and only fit 3, one in playroom, hall and upstairs landing. X

I have had 2 visits now and they keep putting them in different places... I have 3 in my hall atm because one is taped up as it is too sensitive (went off for boiling a kettle)... one wouldn't work when they were here but usually does ... so they put up another :rolleyes: