PDA

View Full Version : thinking of stopping childminding

honey
06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
i have just had enough today. what is the best way to inform parents. letter or word of mouth?:censored:

Polly2
06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh no Honey!

Whats happened?? Sorry you want to give up - I'm not sure but I expect you will have to do it in writing.

Is there anything we can do to help?

x

ajs
06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
i have just had enough today. what is the best way to inform parents. letter or word of mouth?:censored:

writing

but why has it all got too much what's happend

honey
06-02-2008, 12:07 PM
dont know i think i'm just pre menstrual. the kids have just run me ragged today, not done as they have been told, been throwing things, been cheeky i just feel like screaming. i have put the toys out and all they have done is threw them around the house and run up and down my lounge banging into the settee, i dont let my kids do that let alone minded ones.

ajs
06-02-2008, 12:14 PM
don't do anything too hasty though could be you're all feeling a littlke cooped up what's the weather like couldn't you get out to a park or something

Mollymop
06-02-2008, 12:15 PM
See how your week goes first before you give it all in,, have a good old think about it. Think of all the pro's.

Hope you are ok. X

honey
06-02-2008, 12:17 PM
would love to but got a school run in a bit, then got to take dog for its walk, then clean up the kitchen before 2.30 when a parent arrives to collect child.
i dunno sorry i'm just feeling really fed up.

honey
06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
good idea sandra. thanx.

LittleAcorns
06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Honey, please let us help you, there is always someone atleast here to listen to you scream, swear and thump the wall, honestly if you need to talk, we're only a computer away xxxx

Twinkles
06-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Don't give up yet. I feel like this every January ( yes I know it's Feb now) and after every holiday. But think about what else you would do , would it fit in as well with your family. It only takes one good day to cancel out the bad ones.

berkschick
06-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Im sorry you are feeling like this Honey, I hope your day improves :)

bestmum2have
06-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Go on girl have a double Brandy, it will all seem much better.

deeb66
06-02-2008, 01:00 PM
I am sorry that you are having such a horrible day.......kids can be real little monsters sometimes can't they!!

I am sure that it is just 'one of those days' and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Don't do anything too rash.....or you might regret it.

Keep your chin up :)

Banana
06-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Sorry your day is not going well Honey!

The job can get on top of you sometimes but as said above dont do anything hasty, tomorrow might be a really good day and then you will forget today being so bad.

We're all here for you if you need to rant or need support

xx

bestmum2have
06-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Keep your chin up girl, tomorrow will be better.

We all get these days, don't do anything hasty.

Keep smiling

crazybones
06-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Sending you a big:group hug: and hope things are better tomorrow.

Annie x

sandy
06-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey Honey

Don't do anything hasty. We all have rubbish days sometimes but I find they're normally followed by a much better one.
Call another childminder friend and invite her around for coffee tommorrow. Tell her to come armed with chocolate and everything will seem better.

WORKS FOR ME:laughing: :thumbsup: :laughing:

Spangles
06-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Poor you! Sounds like you've had the same kind of morning that I've had!

Try and chill out a bit this afternoon and after a night's sleep I'm sure you will feel better? Hope so anyway.

x

deb24
06-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Give yourselves a bit of you time light some candles listen to some soothing misic and have a long soak in the bath 2nt.You might as well only footie on 2nt. I'm sure you will feel a lot better.

Take it easy. Keep your chin up
We are all here to help you!!!

honey
06-02-2008, 01:56 PM
thankyou all ssooooo much for the support you r all right i'll see how things go. i have just got back from school and dog run ans am knackered now. the ****** dog jumped up and ripped my t shirt and now i have got muddy paw prints on my skirt. oh well at least i can look forward to friday as i'm having my hair cut ( well grey covered up anyway ha ha) so at least thats 2 hrs i get on my own. thanks agin you have all been a pillar of strength.:)

Pipsqueak
06-02-2008, 02:59 PM
:D Laugh - manically, hysterically and in frustration just laugh

I hope you feel better xxx

muminamini
06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi Honey

Just wanted to throw in my support as well. I've not even started minding yet and yesterday my little boy ran me ragged and I ended up in a state wondering if I shoudl even start minding!

Some days everything just seems so bad but after a nights sleep I know I feel better. Don't do anything hasty, we are all here as the others have said if you need to vent!!!

Hugs to you
x

sarah707
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I have days like that too... take a breath and put them all in the garden - let them bang around out there for a while!

Sending hugs... :D

Julia
06-02-2008, 04:38 PM
:jump for joy:
thankyou all ssooooo much for the support you r all right i'll see how things go. i have just got back from school and dog run ans am knackered now. the ****** dog jumped up and ripped my t shirt and now i have got muddy paw prints on my skirt. oh well at least i can look forward to friday as i'm having my hair cut ( well grey covered up anyway ha ha) so at least thats 2 hrs i get on my own. thanks agin you have all been a pillar of strength.:)

Honey trust me nothing is as bad as the year Ive had and still having and through it all I wanted to give up childminding to have paid holidays, my house back and to be paid on time with not paperwork for me to do.

See if your year matches up.
My (Now ex) best friend gets done for stealing £20000 of a dieing cancer victim, I knew nothing but basically got lied to constantly for 2 years.

My husband lost his job and now works 2 jobs to compensate

I start a degree which is taking every spare moment of my free time.

We plan to start our visa application to Australia in Sep 07 and the pathway gets closed down.

my nan died when my dad was on holiday and I had to ring him and tell him, I then had to sort out him coming home and everything until he came home.

All this stress and strain was happening and I was childminding 6 children all under 8, plus suffering with a strange illness which brings on dizzyspells, migraines and tiredness

Ive hated my job, really hated it Ive almost quit probably 2-3 times a week for the last 52 weeks, I cant afford to take any holidays this year because I'll only get 1/2 wages.

What I do is, after the kids have all gone, go into the kitchen have a cup of tea and sit down and have 5 minutes peace and quiet, tell your kids thats all you want, then mummy will be back in.

Deep breaths love, we all have days like your having, deep breaths

Polly2
06-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Hope you have a better day tomorrow Honey - thinking of you!!

Sometimes you just need to have a little rant and get it off your chest and thats what we are all hear for to support each other ;)

I am sure things will improve

I like the friend with chocolate idea!! or even just the chocolate :D :D ha ha!

Trouble
06-02-2008, 04:43 PM
thursdays is my bad day but every thursday night i go to my local shop for an ok magazine, 1 flake, 1 coffee and when i sit down to read my magazine everyone knows i want to be left alone and not be disterbed unless their is a world war after 1 1/2 hours i emerge for the kitchen a new person!!!! if i dont have that i go even more demented!!!!!!!

Cheeky Chops
06-02-2008, 05:04 PM
rascal, that sounds like a great idea! Everyone has bad days and good days, I am glad yesterday has gone cos that was a bad day for me, but today was a GREAT day!! and reminded me why I mind.... my little mindee told me she loved me and give me a big snotty kiss..... it melted my heart!! stick in their hun and dont give up, remember we are all going through similar things at some point or another!! x x

LittleMissSparkles
06-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I've had a crappy few days too, sick of the mess and tidying up after everyone. Hubby wanted to put some washing in machine this morning and could nt get in the utility room as full of minding stuff, I threw a fir and said im jacking it in too............. with eyfs coming in and all at the moment i could quite happily give it up, dont want to teach as such and dont want my house to look like a creche or school classroom

xx

ajs
06-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I've had a crappy few days too, sick of the mess and tidying up after everyone. Hubby wanted to put some washing in machine this morning and could nt get in the utility room as full of minding stuff, I threw a fir and said im jacking it in too............. with eyfs coming in and all at the moment i could quite happily give it up, dont want to teach as such and dont want my house to look like a creche or school classroom

xx

i know how you feel susan i'm sick of the paperwork too
ofsted will alienate lots of good childminders with eyfs as they either won't know what to do or wont want to do it

crazybones
06-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I had a good day today. Everything went to plan but here I am 10 mins after they have all gone (even 6 o'clocker went at 5 :jump for joy:) having a glass of wine for 15 mins me time. My oldest 2 have just said I am an alcoholic !!! :eek: and addicted. They have been learning about drugs at school. Sent them to mind Will (my own 2 year old) and watch the Backyardigans with him as punishment.

Annie x

ajs
06-02-2008, 05:42 PM
nice one annie
as my middle one was annoying me (in a nice way though) i have sent her off to make shepherds pie for tea

wendywu
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Sorry you had horrid day honey. What you need are some minder friends, you then all go out to a toddler group most mornings. The mindees let of lots of steam and see their friends and you can moan about Ofsted or parents or men and have a nice cup of coffee.

How long will it take you to get to surrey tomorrow, Twinkles and i will be waiting.

Keep your chin up

wendywu:clapping:

honey
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no my year dosnt even match that. my hubby is just constanatly depressed as he is an insomniac but being a typical bloke wont do anything about it, all of my grandparents are dead now, and my mom and dad have moved form west brom( which is only half an ahour away from me) to kidderminster which now takes an hour oh well, i'm just completely isolated no family close, no friends close that can just pop in as they all work during the day so its just me and the kids, oh well.

angeldelight
07-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Poor you Honey .... well if ever you want to meet up in Birmingham let me know

Angel xx

ruby
07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
we are so sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment

as the other have said we are all here to help you

hope you have a better day today

cathy and rachel

wendywu
07-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Its Friday tomorrow, then tomorrow i will be thinking roll on 6pm.:clapping:

deeb66
07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
How long will it take you to get to surrey tomorrow, Twinkles and i will be waiting.

wendywu:clapping:

Where abouts in Surrey are you?

Twinkles
07-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Wendy and I are both in Redhill. Where are you?

deeb66
08-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Wendy and I are both in Redhill. Where are you?

I am in Weybridge......not a million miles away ;)

miffy
08-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Sorry Honey only just catching up with this

Just wanted to say hope you're feeling better now

Have a great weekend - are you off out to show off your new hairdo???

Miffy xx

miss muffit
08-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi I've been a childminder for 20 years and we all have days like this...take yourself in another room have a cuppa and a piece of something yummy !!!
If you are thinking of giving up you should give it in writing and the notice period thats on your contract.

wendywu
08-02-2008, 02:53 PM
The way i think about it is you are giving children a loving fun childhood. They grow up confident and secure and able to form relationships. I hope that they will look back at their time with me when they are adults and have a little smile to themselves.

We are doing the most IMPORTANT job in the world, neturing the future. My childhood was fantastic and every one deserves one like mine.

Now i will put my soap box back in the shed with the children:laughing:

Have a great weekend all

Wendywu