PDA

View Full Version : play grade bark chips

Blackhorse
27-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Is anyone using them in their garden?
are they good?
I am thinking of having half of my garden grass and the other half topped up with play grade bark chips..

any recommendations?

thanks a lot

FizzysFriends
27-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I have ordered some for my play area, should be here next week so will let you know then. I looked into the rubber chips as they last longer but I couldn't afford them.

singlewiththree
27-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I love bark, I have half my garden in it and find it works well, cats dont poo in it and it can be played on in all weathers. :)

jellytot
27-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I love bark, I have half my garden in it and find it works well, cats dont poo in it and it can be played on in all weathers. :)

I thought cats like to poo in bark? thats the reason I've been put off it in the past.

Demonjill
27-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Cats like to poo in alot of things. and pee which poos LOL:laughing:

When i worked in a riding school the indoor manege had bark chips as a surface. The resident cats (7 of them) all pooed in there! Not easy to teach 8 kids when they were side tracked by pussycat doing a dump right in front of them LOL:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
27-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I love mine and am about to go and get some more. I would google it as Homebase and such are expensive unless you get the offers.

You need to get child bark or you will land up with sharp bits.

I haven't had one bit of cat poo

Recommended

patconn2
28-03-2009, 06:24 AM
We Have Bark chips in our garden. We got them from homebase when they were on offer. Watch out for the playbark though it was quite big, jaggy bits. Found the decorative bark was much better with leaa chance of splinters. We always "find" a bag thats split a little bit and take some out to see the size of it.:blush:

sarah707
28-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I have it in part of my garden and don't find a problem with cats - they prefer to poo under my trees! :rolleyes:

The biggest problem I get is my little transporter putting it in bags, baskets, buggies etc and moving it round the garden then it goes onto the grass and makes a dreadful noise when I cut the lawn.

hth :D

angeldelight
28-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I love mine and am about to go and get some more. I would google it as Homebase and such are expensive unless you get the offers.

You need to get child bark or you will land up with sharp bits.

I haven't had one bit of cat poo

Recommended

Same here

Angel xx

Mouse
28-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Do you have it in all areas where the children play or just where the climbing frames etc are?
Would you put it where they push pushchairs, ride trikes etc, or would they not be able to move the wheels?

I have a part paved/part grass area, but the grass gets worn down & we end up with mud in winter and a dustbowl in summer.

I've looked at paving the whole area, having rubber surface etc, but it's all too expensive. I had thought about bark chipping, but wasn't sure how it would work.