PDA

View Full Version : really quite annoyed

venus89
27-03-2009, 07:22 PM
My problem family - with the mum who won't communicate at all and sent in the jar of peanut butter this morning - have now excelled themselves. Mindee - nearly 10 months - was due to be picked up by 6.10 by Grandad. Grandad rolls up at 7pm. There's no word from them in the meantinme and as he and Grandma work only 1/2 hour away and are both usually home by 5.40 on a Friday night I was fairly worried. I phoned Mum's mobile - no reply, no big surprise. Then I phone home. the uncle is home from uni. OMG what a man - 'I'm afraid noone in authority is at home at the moment so I can't answer your query'. No concern, no how is mindee, no do you want me to walk down and get him, how can I help?
Grandad rolls up and as the journey is only that 30 minutes then I say to him 'was it the traffic?'. He says 'no, I was ... delayed'(with ominous pause. He did say sorry (once, like an afterthought) which is the first time he's ever apologised for being late (he's been up to 30 minutes late before) but it felt as though it was only because it was protocol, not as though he meant it. To be fair, he does talk like his son (the uncle) - they don't come across as being a very emotional family. My husband describes them as 'wooden' which I think is fairly fitting.

Phew - feel better now!

TheBTeam
27-03-2009, 07:26 PM
People seem to have no regard to the fact that we have a right to finish work on time! My non collection non contact procedure wouldn't have left me too much longer till social services were involved!!! If i could not get hold of parents or emergency contacts then they get about an hour!

~Chelle~
27-03-2009, 07:28 PM
The cheek of some people, I would charge them £5.00 late fee for every 15 minutes that they were late - bet they wont do it again in a hurry!!

louloudi
28-03-2009, 10:55 AM
This really annoys me.. I have one parents that even calls me if she intends to come early and another that just come half and hour or an hour late. I was annoyed last week as my son missed band practice as the parents hadn't arrived.
I'm sure they think that we don't have anything else to do!!!:angry:

mushpea
28-03-2009, 12:38 PM
i had one whoose mum was always late picking up and very really let me know, if mum was late then i took the child with me to drop my son of at his activity and mum either had to wait for me to get back or meet me at the acitvity, I refuse to make my kids late or let them miss thier things because other parents are late. due to this late parent who i no longer have i have no made a late payment fee of £5 per 15 mins late after the first 15mins, if parents let me know and if its only and odd thing then fine but not if its all the time its just not on.

sunflower
28-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Being late makes me so cross...
I think the only way to stop parents from taken advantage of us is to charge a late fee,
Some Parents are very sorry for being late, some are down right rude :mad:

Shar
28-03-2009, 02:32 PM
What a week you've had!! Relax this weekend and try and have a chat next week with mummy wooden about the late pick-up's by grandad wooden. here's touching wood for you!!!:laughing: :laughing:

evanesence
28-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I would definatley charge a late fee £5 for every 15mins they were late! They are taking advantage of your kind nature :)