PDA

View Full Version : The saga continues!!!!!

~Chelle~
27-03-2009, 05:40 PM
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/lifestyle-511/lifestyle-8/work-study-childcare-44/270342-non-registered-childminder-fees.html

Just left a heated reply, bascially this woman thinks that we all sit on our butts all day on the computer whilst the children are in our care.:eek:

She has made me soooooooo angry:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

huggableshelly
27-03-2009, 06:20 PM
yep i responded to that comment too, she didnt see the time stamps I guess huh

Chatterbox Childcare
27-03-2009, 06:21 PM
She has typically stereotyped us and I bett that she has unregistered care too.

Daftbat
27-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Its amazing how defensive these people get isn't it? Glad to see that there is a lot of support for registered childminders though.

RedDragon
27-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I heard that one of the people on netmums who is posting nasty comments is a Paramedic - perhaps someone should call her an ambulance driver lol

Tatia
27-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm not a member nor do I want to be but I found this bit interesting and noone picked her up on it:

Unlawful of the person to provide paid for unregistered care yes - but risky? Yes there will be no insurance but no different risk than being cared for by a relative, playdate, friend - even a parent - as none of these will also have insurance.

The difference is if you are paying someone to look after your child they have a legal responsibility to have insurance. Playdates and sleep overs are completely different. The unregistered carer is leaving herself open to being sued if anything did happen to the child.

Twinkles
27-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I heard that one of the people on netmums who is posting nasty comments is a Paramedic - perhaps someone should call her an ambulance driver lol

Yeah ! or a ' First Aider ' :laughing:

RedDragon
27-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah ! or a ' First Aider ' :laughing:

you should say "you should know better being the person who drives people to casualty to be treated by trained medical staff"

:eek: