PDA

View Full Version : funding cancelled

sharon.c
27-03-2009, 03:39 PM
HI,

When I start my child minding course we where told we would get a grant, covering the cost of course and first aid also our first years insurance and start up pack.................well due to cost cutting it been cancelled two weeks before the end of course............:angry: of I hadn't saved any money didn't think i needed to and now i have to find nearly £200 just to get started Nightmare!!!!!!!!! Its so unfair i understand cost cuts but not right at the end on the day we were suppost get the funding :angry:

ok rant over just wanted to get it off my chest

Sharon xxx

estrelas
27-03-2009, 03:45 PM
gosh thats unfair!! i would be really annoyed!

Demonjill
27-03-2009, 03:49 PM
No wonder you are mad. I would be too. :angry: Esp getting to the end and now having to find the money. Hope that doesnt happen to me.:(

Pauline
27-03-2009, 04:54 PM
That is so unfair! I can understand if they had to end it, but not take it away from someone who has been promised it! :eek:

You can get your insurance from Morton Michel for £40. Can you get on any free First Aid courses? and perhaps you could make your own paperwork?

We will be here to help if necessary, don't despair we all stick together and support each other on here! :thumbsup:

gegele
27-03-2009, 04:57 PM
i had to pay it all anyway but i'm hoping i can claim it in my starting grant...!

Donkey
28-03-2009, 01:50 PM
in this neck of the woods we don't get a start up grant...

everything has come out of my pocket.

dqp, first aid, food hygiene, insurance, toys...

just hope mr tax man accepts my loss of £1000 this year!!

Mouse
28-03-2009, 02:17 PM
When I started minding we didn't get anything & had to pay it all ourselves.

If you're setting up your own business I think it's reasonable to expect you to cover your own start up costs, though I do think it's very unfair that they offered you the money, but then withdrew it. They should have at least honoured the ones that were in the process of registering.

Shar
28-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Another cut for childminders!!! In my LA we are at the bottom of the list for any funding or courses where as nursery's get everything.