PDA

View Full Version : how long did it take

devoncm
06-02-2008, 10:12 AM
hi guys,

just wondering how long it took until you started getting regular enquiries , ive been reg since august and had my first child yesturday, hes part time just 2 hrs 4 days a week, he goes to a special school as he has mental age of about 4. when i started i advertised in windows all the time but got nowhere, i havent done much this last month to get myself known as im going to florida in 3 weeks and thought theres no point, the parent i have at the moment found me on my local services, but im thinking its took me this long to get 1 part time child-and hes only tempory, but you have to start somewhere right?- how long til i get my next enquiry

im thinking that when i come back to just print off lots of posters and go to as many car parks as i can find and put one on all the cars

its very frustrsting waiting for people to ring especially when i know that we need extra money coming in and im not actually doing much towards that.

sorry for rant, curious to know how long took other people.

Marie

deeb66
06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
It is really hard to say Marie.

It varies so much from area to area......some minders are in the same position as you and my phone doesn't stop ringing!!!!

Each area does tend to have seasonal fluctuations......do you know any other minders who could give you an idea of what generally happens in your area?

I hope the phone starts ringing soon

sarah707
06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
It's really hard Marie... I know.

Don't forget to keep on at CIS though - get your ad exactly how you want it and ring them every week so yours pops to the top.

Good luck! :D