PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Bussiness.

loobyloo168
26-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I dont know if im posting in the right place ... but

I want to do a leaflet drop for my business in my local area, as its so slow, im thinking of giving up.

But was also thinkng about putting flyers on car windscreens in the huge car park by my house ?? But not sure as i dont want to pee any car owners off, and im not sure if theres any legal implications to doing it ??

The library wont let me put a poster up, and the early years team have said that advertising in shop windows can look unprofessional ?? I live in the town center it would be ideal ?!

Im on the childrens center list aswell.

I dont go to my local childminder meetings as there not really local to me ? And as i dont drive id struggle with my little one.

Does anyone have any other ideas ?

Blackhorse
26-03-2009, 10:02 PM
use www.childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk) it's free and I had my first enquiry from it just a few days after I signed up

Do you know any other childmidners? even if not from the group? if they are full they can pass on people to you?
do you go to mother's and toddler's? there could be someone there that needs childcare?
would your local school let you put up a flyer?

Edit by Pauline: the link to www.childcare.co.uk. wasn't working. :)

christine e
27-03-2009, 07:25 AM
If you live in town centre and want to advertise in shop windows then it is up to you don't let FIS put you off.

Cx

donnadoo2004200
27-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Shop windows are a great place to advertise. I got loads of calls from advertising in shops. Go for it.

misst104
27-03-2009, 08:38 AM
I was thinking of asking our local newsagents if I could put a flyer up. Wonder why they think it looks unprofessional - did they say???

Hope business picks up soon. It would be a real shame to have to give up if you really don't want to :(

xxx

Adiamond
27-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi,CIS told me NOT to advertise before I got my certificate :angry:
I really need to get someone lined up ready and waiting as redundancy is looming I think :mad: :mad:

Blackhorse,I notice you are still pre-reg can I ask how close you are to registration and when did you start advertising on the childcare website?
I am itching to get advertising I AM SO BORED with all this waiting AGAIN!!!!!

Thank you x x x

:) :) :)

estrelas
27-03-2009, 09:15 AM
i advertised in our local chippy!

I don't really care if it looks unproffessional to be honest, i got two people from it this week, and its only been up two weeks!!

I also advertised in all our local newsagents, the local toddler groups. Infact anywhere a parent might go! Cafes, hairdressers etc.

Call local childminders and ask if they would pass your details on if they get calls they can't take. You may think its cheeky but its not! call them all.

Don't give up straight away, advertise where you think best. Anywhere and every where, if someone wants a childminder they wont look at a notice in a chippy and say ' well i'm not going with them'
try supermarkets as well
Talk to the local schools, they also let me put a notice up, i have a lady coming at 11 who seen my notice there.

have a week of blitzing your area then see

Goodluck xx

christine e
27-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi

Have a look on net mums I put something on ages ago and got a couple of enquiries haven't bothered since because luckily I am full but would definately recommend putting something on their website www.netmums.com find the link for childcare and post a message then keep updating it so that you go to the top of the page.

Good luck with the advertising

Cx

Helen79
27-03-2009, 10:17 AM
I advertise in the newsagent's window near to the school. I've had 2 enquiries already from there this week :thumbsup: Most parent's have to walk past it to school & have to stop outside while their kids go & get sweets. I replace the poster regularly so it doesn't get faded & look old.

I've advertised in the sports centre & the health centre. I have a poster up in the baby clinic too.

tbh I wouldn't put them on car windscreens. A lot of rude people will just drop them on the floor when they get in the car & then people will be seeing your flyers on the carpark floor :(

Blackhorse
27-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi,CIS told me NOT to advertise before I got my certificate :angry:
I really need to get someone lined up ready and waiting as redundancy is looming I think :mad: :mad:

Blackhorse,I notice you are still pre-reg can I ask how close you are to registration and when did you start advertising on the childcare website?
I am itching to get advertising I AM SO BORED with all this waiting AGAIN!!!!!

Thank you x x x

:) :) :)

Hi,
I am just waiting to hear from my officer to come out and do the final inspection.
when I put my add onto the childcare webpage I state in it that I am not yet registered but should be soon, so that there is no confusion. (I have seen other people do the same and thought I'll go for that too)
I hate waiting for things and would like to have something lined up for starting...

good luck

Adiamond
27-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Thank you,I think I will do the same to make it clear that I am still pre-reg.I have done everything just waiting for crbs to come back then I am ready to go :) :) x x x

Jen4Kids
27-03-2009, 04:26 PM
I printed up my own posters, laminated them and put one in every classroom window at my childrens Infant school today :clapping: Ive only got 1 space for a 5-7yr old but hopefully i can fill that one and get a younger sibling too :littleangel: I also laminated one of my business cards (from vista print) and pinned it just outside the gate at my dds Junior school - parents wait here for their children so im hoping for some interest from that too :littleangel:

loobyloo168
27-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks ladies, Forgot to say im on Netmums, chilcare site, the schools, and childrens centers have my number, i think ill contact the local college. A friend out a few posters up in her place of work, but as it was a government building management sent a memo round saying it was a conflict of interest and all poster had to come down advertising services (there were others aswell, plumbers, builders etc).

Ill defiantly be printing loadsa bits off and going round town tomorrow.

Im a bit hesitant at doing a leaflet drop in case they go to another childminders house, does any one worry about stepping on other peoples toes ??

Fingers crossed xx