PDA

View Full Version : how many kids at once?

Helen79
26-03-2009, 08:56 PM
I've had a 3 enquiries this week already :clapping: & expecting afew more cos the local afterschool club isn't doing pick ups from schools anymore

I've only ever looked after 1 under 5 at a time up til now so I'm not sure how many kids I can take on realistically. My certificate says 4 under 8years plus my own 2 who are 4year & 1year olds.

So far if the parent's actually sign contracts & start coming I might have my 2 kids + a 4 year old, 7 year old, 8 year old & a 10year old for 2 evenings a week.

Just wondering what's the most children you look after at once?

Chatterbox Childcare
26-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I have up to 12 in a day but some of mine are on shift patterns. In the holidays it is more.

nannymcflea
26-03-2009, 09:14 PM
depends on your sanity!

If it's hols I've had 3 under 3, 3 of 5-8years and 2 over 8's...thats including my own...that was plenty.

i try and have 6 max as I have a 7 seater and we can all go for a trolley somewhere to help my stress levels...:laughing:

build them up slowly, if you're having part timers it's not so bad as any behaviour can be tollerated for a short time:eek:

You will also find that some just do not gel, no matter how hard you try so it's best to think of the group as a whole and think of whats going to work for everyone...I personally look after 4 girls of a morning/evening and think any more will upset the apple cart.

Blackhorse
26-03-2009, 09:16 PM
I thought you are limited in your numbers at any one time to be 6?
I will be allowed 1 under 1, 1 under 5 (+my dd who is 14 months) + 3 school age kids up to age 16 and that is it.

how do you manage to have more than that??

tulip0803
26-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I thought you are limited in your numbers at any one time to be 6?
I will be allowed 1 under 1, 1 under 5 (+my dd who is 14 months) + 3 school age kids up to age 16 and that is it.

how do you manage to have more than that??

In England and Wales we are allowed 6 under 8 years including our own. Any over 8s are not counted in our numbers - at the moment

Blackhorse
26-03-2009, 09:28 PM
ahh..

I still get confused with all the differences between scotland england and wales...
makes it hard coz sometimes I am not sure if I am getting it all wrong....:panic:

thanks for clarifying...

manjay
26-03-2009, 09:30 PM
I always have 3 under 5's here and usually between 8 & 10 after school(obviously some of them are over 8). It is quite a lot in one go but some are only here for 20 minutes after we get home and I find the more the merrier:D

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I walk 7 home 3 days a wk from school, the other 2 days are 6

school hols used to be 4 but will be 7 now ... 3 are over 8
there is a chance of me having 9 due to occasional mindess wanting to attend they are over 8 too but not sure if my sanity will handle that ammount on wet days.

work it out what you would do on wet days, is your home big enough to accomodate additional children? dry days are easy as the garden is the usual place my mindees like to be.