PDA

View Full Version : Mindee's hours going down again

sarah32
26-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I was told quite a while ago that my full time mindee would be going down to 4 days in July as grandparent would be semi retiring and having one day a week. She told me at the time she would only have him one day week as loves the groups i take him to and her mum didnt have that social circle to go to with him. Thought great:)

Then a month ago was given notice that going down to 4 days now as other grandparent said would have him every friday to help with childcare costs.

I assumed this was only a temporary thing as these grandparents have quite alot of holidays and parents mum whose semi retiring in july would take over as she said she'd probably have him over night then.

Yesterday as we wrote out contract she said we'll have to review again in July when he goes down to 3 days. But she said it so quickly didnt twig first of all.

I didnt mind losing him one day as it means i will finish eary on a friday and intend to use my afternoon to do paperwork.

But 2 days I will lose about £250 a month and I think she thinks i will be there on those days to have him when his grandparents cant. She already said you'll probably have him back full time when he starts nursery as I'll save money while he's at nursery. Put her straight on that one.

Im going to have to start advertising to fill those 2 days as I only have 3 children on my books.

I know this happens in our line of business but this is worrying me. Im a real worrier.:(

lilsteff
26-03-2009, 05:20 PM
i would write her some sort of a letter saying what was said and what was singed etc and mention that you felt a bit overwellmed due to her talking so fast and that it didnt sink in as u were thinking of the other thigs that you said, either taht or say i have mislayed the contract and say ur gonna do a new one and u do all the talking.

either that or come to some sort of arrangement with the parent/grandparent

mushpea
26-03-2009, 05:49 PM
ive got a simalr situation in that the mindee who was 4 days a week went down to 3 recently and will go down to 2 in aprill, luckily the other family i care for have increases their hours. I spoke to the parent whos child will be doing less hours and asked that if another child came along wanting 3 days a week could she be fexible on which days he came to me and she said yes which means it will be easyier for me to find somone else.
You may find that since it will be the granparents having the child that they can be flexible so you can fit that child around a new one rather than having to find somone to fit around him if you get what i mean. talking about this to mum might also make her realise that she risks loosing those days and make her rethink things a bit.

sarah32
26-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I think its going to be definate days as they all work and one can only have him friday as its her day off and I have no idea about the other one as I thought she was going to have him fridays.

Didnt get chance to speak to her tonight as mindee started being silly and screaming when she turned up as need to get straight off.

Will think about my words over the weekend and how im going to put it that once she changes the contract and if and when I feel those days she wont be able to change her mind.

teacake2
26-03-2009, 06:25 PM
I know how you are feeling, I am having problems, not just with one mindee, all of mine are doing the same. I will be going from 50 hours a week to 15 hours a week from the 6th April, luckily in July my hours will be going up again, but it is going to be very hard to manage until then. Have to give up on the good life for a while ( wish I had one).
Teacake 2:panic::panic:

angeldelight
27-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Sorry to hear that Sarah

Hope things work out

Angel xx