PDA

View Full Version : Too Good to Be True...

Schnakes
26-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Yesterday when we got in from the park after school there was a message on my phone from a man who wanted full time care for his two boys.

I thought - fantastic! Thats just what I need..one of my dads has been made redundant and one of the mums is on maternity leave - this could solve all my problems!

He came round last night. Boys seemed relaxed and friendly (although the older of the two was a little agressive) but okay - thats something you can work on. He said to me that he would like his wife to meet me and would that be okay. Of course I said fine, she just needs to ring me and make an appointment to see me. I asked when he needed the childcare to start and he said he needed to check with his work.

I dont know why, but after he left I just felt like something wasnt quite right. Something didnt seem right at all. Dont know what it was.

Then this morning there was a rapping on my door. Open it and theres this lady with the two boys. She said "can I come in" and I told her that I was just going out. She said it wouldnt take long and barged in!! Then she said "so can I leave the boys here then?"!!!! I couldnt belive it! I said I cant take the boys now, Im just going out, I would be over my legal numbers and it is illegal for me to take children on without completing some paperwork anyway. She got all huffy and said that she had tried to come last night. Well yeah, I heard someone knocking at 8:30pm when I was in my PJ's!! Im not answering the door at 8:30pm in my PJ's. Plus I had said to PHONE BEFORE COMING!! (AARRGGH!). She was then all like "but Ive got to get to work for x o clock" etc. I said that I would not be able to take the boys today. (And Im thinking in my head - or ever!!).

I eventually managed to get her out of the door in the end being quite rude/blunt.

What is the matter with some people eh??? And why do I always get the weirdos!??!

Shame - it could have been good having two full timers!

Sx

mum2two
26-03-2009, 01:50 PM
:eek: OMG!!

I can't believe a parent would just want to leave their 2 children with someone they've never met!!!

No contact numbers, no allergy/medical background... Some parents seem to only think of themselves.

I guess you've filled the space if they call you back!! ;)

xx

Princess Sara
26-03-2009, 01:52 PM
How strange... surely people realise they can't just drop their kids off, no contacts, nothing! Maybe lack of comunication between the mum and dad. Maybe better off without that kind of parents...

Schnakes
26-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah - that space is defo not going to be available!!!

Obviously I like to think that Im so great that as soon as someone looks at me they know Im The One...but the whole thing was just so odd. No. I have a bad feeling about these people and Im going to follow my instinct on this one!

Sx

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 02:10 PM
wow what a cheek!

I would steer clear too. hope you get a better offer soon xxx

Ripeberry
26-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Steer well clear of them! Sounds like they must have got in a huff with some other childcarer or nursery and just wanted something done NOW!
How old were her boys? If they were under 8yrs old then those parents were seriously weird!
Trust your gut always. :)

Lady Haha
26-03-2009, 02:25 PM
:eek:

I can't believe some people!!! I had an enquiry similar once. A lady rang me at around 7pm one evening asking if I could look after her baby the following day. Even though it didn't feel right I started discussing it with her, saying she would need to get here early to fill in paperwork etc, then she said that was okay, but she wouldn't be able to pay me til the following week!

I took that opportunity to say that I am always paid in advance and she said ok, leave it then and went. It was only after the call, that I started thinking how could she leave her baby with me all day without meeting me first properly?

jellytot
26-03-2009, 02:30 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

wow I think your better off without, such a shame though

Ripeberry
26-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I do think some people think we are glorified daytime babysitters and that they can just drop their child off for a few hours and pay for it and then that's the last you'll see of them.
They are not looking for long term care :(

Demonjill
26-03-2009, 03:04 PM
:eek: The nerve of some people. I would never dream of doing that.
Hope some one better comes along soon.:thumbsup:

katickles
26-03-2009, 03:09 PM
OMGosh you just wouldn't leave your child with a complete stranger like that?? How weird.

Wounder where they were going before turning up on your doorstep today?

I definatly wouldn't take these one - shame though as like you said it would have solved your vacancy problem

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/29/2917/291765.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Toothfairy
26-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I would stay well clear, they sound like a nightmare waiting to happen! :eek:

sue
26-03-2009, 09:31 PM
hope you get filled soon, l would have been hopping mad if that had happen to me :panic: