PDA

View Full Version : Networks

Pipsqueak
04-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I was just wondering if you all use your local Childminding Networks?
I have recently started to go to the meetings (thought I'd best show my face as I was a support minder and couldn't really chivvy the newbies along if I didn't go! lol) - I was astounded to find that only approx 8 people attended and it was generally the same old faces according to the co-ordinator.

On my last vacancy ringround I reminded everyone (approx 20 people in my area) and I know my other half area co-ordinator did the same for approx same amount of people, and when we turned up - guess what same people!

I have found that you can get LOTS of extra info, not to mention that you can give your input as to what you need, if you don't go then you can't express your concerns, interests etc, extra support for other minders etc.
(sorry on my soapbox again).

Ours isn't accredited so its open to all.

sarah707
04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
I've joined mine but it's only just started up and seems to be a bit of a rocky start... I've done the Quality First they insisted on me having, but I don't think many people have finished it yet...

I did get support from the coordinator when I needed her a while ago in the summer, but since then it's gone quiet and 2 training evenings have been cancelled so I'm not sure what's happening TBH

I certainly haven't got anything from it yet...

elaineg
04-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I go to my network meetings and its the same only about 8 people attend, and its the same ones every time, unless an subsidized outing ior party s arranged and then they seem to come out of the woodwork.

love Elaine XXX

buildingblocks
05-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Our Network is working towards being accredited and I decided that I didn't want to go down that route. I have left (for a variety of reasons though) but it is the only one that there is in our area . It is one of the reasons we set up our childminding group which will hopefully grow in numbers.

lov eKate

LittleMissSparkles
05-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Our Network is working towards being accredited and I decided that I didn't want to go down that route. I have left (for a variety of reasons though) but it is the only one that there is in our area . It is one of the reasons we set up our childminding group which will hopefully grow in numbers.

lov eKate

I am a member and have enjoyed the meetings so far, especially the one last night. Kate did a lovely spread....lol mmmmm I'm hungry now

Thats not why I'm not well by the way ...hehehe

buildingblocks
05-12-2007, 12:19 PM
susan is the quiet one of the group lol

lov eKate

LittleMissSparkles
05-12-2007, 12:21 PM
susan is the quiet one of the group lol

lov eKate

cheeky !!!! :laughing:

nannan
05-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I belong to the network, and use it whenever any thing is on, whether it is in the day time with the little ones, or evenings for training or get togethers, we are having a xmas get together, and yes it will be the same old faces, plus a few that havent been able to get to the meetings for a while, we do need to keep the word going around about the networks as they are brilliant for when we need extra training sessions and information.