PDA

View Full Version : ...to top it off just had the enquiry visit from hell.....

Doll123
26-03-2009, 01:45 PM
hey all me again.
your probably all aware of my current situation with the little 3 year old copying adult behaviour, well......

Had a phone call from a potential parent needing care for her 3 year old from september, she just came to visit and the little lad was like a whirlwind! my goodness he looks such a handful, in the 20 minutes he was here, he ripped all my childrens name tags off the wall, threw 2 balls into next doors garden, jumped all over the setee with his shoes on and tried to pull the pendulum off my mums clock!
Ahhh mum was really pleased with us and definately wants to book the child in in september.

think i may need a shot of prozac before september lol.

Katie xx

mum2two
26-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Sounds like it'll be fun!! Make sure you have a settling in period, so you can terminate if he's too much.

xx

claires
26-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Ooh dear. Hope he calms down before September or you might need more than Prozac!:D

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 02:12 PM
is that prozac for the child or you lmao

good luck with that one

FizzysFriends
26-03-2009, 02:16 PM
And what was mom doing whilst her child was running riot?

Doll123
26-03-2009, 02:26 PM
lol, i might order extra prozac for the child, or invest in a large hammer! lol.
Mum was shouting at him and did warn him and put him on the "naughty" step. but didnt seem to do much.
HaaHaa nevermind ive got till september to prepare myself.

Love Katie xx

jellytot
26-03-2009, 02:28 PM
lol good luck with that one :laughing: :laughing:

he may be different by sept and without mum

rickysmiths
26-03-2009, 02:29 PM
My Lord!! your'e brave. I though you were going to say you were not going to take him on. I don't think I would.:eek:

LaUrA K
26-03-2009, 02:38 PM
one of mine was like that when they came for a visit and the other 2 kids i was looking after actually cried they were so scared of her! i was so worried about her first day but within minutes she was fine. They soon get used to other people telling them off. some parents just arnt strict enough. she is still a little tinker at home and mum and dad are really surprised with how good she is for me. so dont worry just be strict and make sure he knows whos boss. :)

Demonjill
26-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I agree some parents not strict enough with the rules from the start only results in a confused child whos in charge of the mum!

Good luck though :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
26-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Good luck :thumbsup:

Schnakes
26-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Mmm - In agree...a bit of firm discipline goes a long way. I'll bet she will be the type to play up at pick up and drop off though!!!

Good luck though, if you do decide to take her on. Septembers a long way off...are you holding a space for her?

SX

lilsteff
26-03-2009, 05:27 PM
oh dear poor u.

i would do a temp contract of 2-3 weeks to see how they settle, i did this with all the children who have been in my care, and it works well. gud luck x

Doll123
26-03-2009, 06:41 PM
thanks lil steph thats a good idea, might suggest that and deffo do some settling in sessions before september.

Love Katie xx

sue
26-03-2009, 09:35 PM
good luck they sound a handful but l,m sure you can train them:laughing:

marion123
27-03-2009, 11:46 AM
good luck yu will be fine once he knows your rules he will settle down :)

Bananabrain
27-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I had one like that last year{in fact my husband actually said 'get that child out of my house'}:laughing:

She is now an absolute delight {I babysit for her as well} a real sweety and I love her to bits.

I also have the 5 yr old sister of my lo occassionly in the hols and she is completely dreadful:laughing:

She does the 'my mummy says I'm allowed' thing.:laughing:

My 11 year old son says 'they just need to be trained don't they mum':laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think it's always an idea to give them a chance. I always think I haven't sold my soul to the devil. I can always terminate.

angeldelight
27-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Hope things are better come September

Angel xx