PDA

View Full Version : ...oki so i spoke to mum....

Doll123
26-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Hey all thought i'd update you on my situation (about my previous post ..oh no what do i do).

Spoke to mum of the little girl last night and she was fab, she didn't think it was a big deal and that her little girl hasn't mentioned anything to her.
Spoke to little boys mum this morning she was very shocked and got a lil upset (as anyone would) in her eyes theres no explaination to why he did it (not walked in on mum and dad) she is a social worker so understands this could be something major. She mentioned that her went to another playgroup before where they had an after-school club with older children, he became very distressed when she dropped him off and didn't want to go there any more so she and i are thinking maybe something happened there.

Im happy i spoke to mum and she took it oki, however was kind of hoping it was something little like him seeing mum and dad, now we know it isn't it's horrid to think this little lad has seen something or been exposed to something he shouldn't have.

Love Katie xx

Pipsqueak
26-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Well done you for being so brave and talking to both sets of parents:clapping: that is not an easy thing to do. I presume you are happy with what mum has said to you - her take on things.

Make sure you record all of it (both conversations) - perhaps get parents to initial the record?

Mum being a social worker will understand where you are coming from as well. Perhaps something did happen at the other group - what you both need to agree on now is how to tackle any future behaviour like this.

Once again well done :thumbsup:

angeldelight
26-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Glad you spoke to parents also that they were supportive

You are doing your best so keep a log now and do not leave him unsupervised with other children

Good luck

Angel xx

Twinkles
26-03-2009, 09:29 AM
I think you've handled the situation really well. Glad the little girls mum isn't over reacting and it sounds like the little boys mum is quite on the ball and will look out for other unusual behaviour.

katickles
26-03-2009, 09:35 AM
I just read your other thread.

Well done you for speaking to these parents.

I agree with Angel, just keep logging everything & keep monitoring the boy making sure he isn't left with the other children you care for. And as pip says get the parents to read & sign the documents aswell.

It must have been hard speaking to the parents - so well done again x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/29/2917/291765.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Doll123
26-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks. i feel brave. I worked in a nursery for 6 years before doing this childminding, obviously we had safegaurding issues there but i never had to speak to the parents.

We have agree'd that i'll keep a record of any suspicious behaviour, and she's definately going to look into things.

Katie xx

loocyloo
26-03-2009, 09:41 AM
well done.

that must have been hard to do. :group hug:

xxx

haribo
26-03-2009, 10:00 AM
you have handled it really well :clapping: sounds like both the mums are supportive of you which makes things somewhat easier. it sounds like he may have been around older children who do sometimes act out these things . how old will the oldest ones he has been with have been. ? sounds like there wasnt adequate supervision there if this kind of thing has been going on, i would encourage mum to try and get to the ( sorry no pun intended) bottom of it. x

mandy moo
26-03-2009, 10:48 AM
you have handled it really well :clapping: sounds like both the mums are supportive of you which makes things somewhat easier. it sounds like he may have been around older children who do sometimes act out these things . how old will the oldest ones he has been with have been. ? sounds like there wasnt adequate supervision there if this kind of thing has been going on, i would encourage mum to try and get to the ( sorry no pun intended) bottom of it. x

As the others have said well done, it can bedifficult bringing up some issues with parents cant it.
I thought what Harbio thought, where were the staff?

marjie b
26-03-2009, 10:55 AM
hi guys, im new to the forum and been having trouble with a parent, can anyone advise??

she is a nightmare to get money from, constantly chasin her for it but recently she has become rude and abusive so i gave her notice to terminate the contract.

since then shes been much worse and yesterday told me she was gonna report me to ofsted as she feels i havent taken care of her daughter properly, its funny that, she never had a problem before i gave her notice!!

im worried sick an have refused to have the little girl today (last day of contract) as mum has been shoutin an swearing at me, its just awful...:panic:

Pedagog
26-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Well done for talking to parents.

LittleMissSparkles
26-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Well Done Katie xxx

Doll123
26-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't know the setting very well so unsure about how old the children would have been but im guessing as it was an afterschool club they were probably from 5 - 11/12. I have to admit its not a very liked school amoungst other settings and they don't have a very good reputation.

Katie xx

Allie
26-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Just picked up on this thread, I agree with all the above comments but just wanted to say well done on tackling a difficult issue

Allie

Bushpig
26-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Well done - not an easy thing to deal with! :thumbsup:

mummyroysof3
26-03-2009, 12:28 PM
i have no advise but it sounds lik you have delt with this situation really well and im glad the parents are backing you up, a very difficult situation but much easier to handle with the parents help im sure

charlotte x

jellytot
26-03-2009, 12:58 PM
no advise but just wanted to say well done, you must feel a bit better now

singlewiththree
26-03-2009, 01:23 PM
You were very brave and I hope they manage to sort it out, I've been through similar with a relative (not me BTW) and its not a nice experience to think of things happening to children who then copy the behaviour. At least he is away from the scene now.

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 01:24 PM
well done for discussing the issues with parents, as Angel has said dont leave him alone with other children.

Demonjill
26-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Well done you done all the right things :clapping: