PDA

View Full Version : Still no work :-(

kelly21
06-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Havnt had any enquiries in weeks, its getting to the point that i may have to go out to work. I advertised with the local raf base at the weekend and got to renew my advertisements in the vilaage but my printer has run out of ink so waiting on a new cartridge.
Its just so quiet, even the other childminders in my area say they cant get any work.

Twinkles
06-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Don't despair Kelly. I know it's easy for me to say but it will happen. Remember if you do have to get another job while you are waiting you can still keep up your registration so you are ready for when someone comes along. I hope thing get better for you soon.

sarah707
06-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh Kelly I hope things improve! :D

deeb66
06-02-2008, 10:47 AM
It will pick up Kelly.

Hang on in there!

Mollymop
06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh that's a shame Kelly. I hope it picks up for you soon. X

berkschick
06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I hope it picks up soon.

Its funny how it goes, I had a call every single day last week but then nothing this week.

bestmum2have
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Sometimes minding can be a little slack, but don't despair. It will pick up. Try and promote yourself more, advertise, speak to parents at school. Go in school.
If all fails have a Brandy!

Banana
06-02-2008, 01:15 PM
keeping my fingers crossed foryou that the enquries start pouring in

try and stay positive!

xx

sutherland
06-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Havnt had any enquiries in weeks, its getting to the point that i may have to go out to work. I advertised with the local raf base at the weekend and got to renew my advertisements in the vilaage but my printer has run out of ink so waiting on a new cartridge.
Its just so quiet, even the other childminders in my area say they cant get any work.

Hi Kelly, which RAF camp you near? Or are you on one? Have you asked the Hive to put in an advert in their monthly magazine? also worth letting the informations officer in the Hive know your details as any new parents moving to the camp may go and ask them if they know of any minders in the area, this is how I got 2 of my enquirys recently.

If you need any help with the above let me know.

Fingers crossed that you get some enquiries soon....xxx

Pipsqueak
06-02-2008, 06:59 PM

I am in the same boat Kelly and I am now chewing my fingernails...

I have put ads up everywhere possible and hit the local businesses.

Make sure you keep your CIS details updated reguarly (this will send you to the top of the listings).

Get some business cards (Vistaprint) and pass them round to friends and family to do some advertising for you.

Get round to the local play groups, toddlers, Childrens centres etc and get yourself known.

Good luck

kelly21
07-02-2008, 09:14 AM
i have got to put more posters up in the village due to someone keeps pulling the ones i already put up down. so annoying

hopefully it will soon pick up, i really need the work now.

Julia
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
i have got to put more posters up in the village due to someone keeps pulling the ones i already put up down. so annoying

hopefully it will soon pick up, i really need the work now.

Have you tried putting up posters in the local hospitals and nursing quarters? That works for me, you have to ask at the admin office and they only usually go up for 4 weeks at a time so regular trips are needed, but I got my first fulltimer that way and a few part timers and then word and mouth starts happeniong and before you know it your turning business away!

Are you in the yellow pages, some childminders dont bother because they think its a waste of time but Ive had a few referals from them, try it its free goto www.yell.co.uk and follow the links.

Keep your chin up, you will get children, try to stay positive.

Julia:)

mum2two
07-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I was like this when I started last year. Luckily I was already looking after my friends little one before I became registered, and over time she's became more regular. (was just 2 hrs a day, so 10 hrs a week), now regularly 24hrs...

I didn't really have any other kids from when I registered in Jan last year, until Sept. Had a few enquiries, which led to a couple of short term contracts, but nothing ever came of it.

Now I'm pretty much full until Sept, but had 2 enquiries, both for babies, one start Sept, the other Nov. Only have 1 space, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Everyone told me when I started it'll take about 6 months to get going, but once you've started, you get noticed, and word of mouth is the best advertising! :thumbsup:

Don't worry, things will pick up. You go through times where no-one has any enquiries for months, then all of a sudden - loads!! :p

Kelly x

LittleMissSparkles
07-02-2008, 10:13 AM
fingers crossed things pick up for you very soon, and everyone else having trouble getting enquiries too, keep your chin up xxx

sandy
07-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Don't worry Kelly. It will pick up.

It took me 6 months to get my first mindee, She was 5 months old then and is now off to school in sept with another mindee. I already have 2 new babies ( neither born yet ) to fill their spaces then.

Once you've got your first and people see you with them, word gets around and you'll soon get more.

Stick with it girl x

Sandy

angeldelight
07-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Try and be patient for a bit longer Kelly

Good luck hope you get some calls soon

Angel xxx

kelly21
07-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks everyone, just abit disheartning not working and no calls coming in.
i have got a time limit because i have 6 months to my wedding and i cant be out of work for long, so will wait abit longer and hopefully something will come

Sandie
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi it is quiet everywhere at the moment I lost two of my mindies just before Christmas and am hoping to fill there places soon but lots of places dont even start re employing people till after March hold in there tho mindies are a bit like buses dont get any for ages then three come along at once.

~Sandie~