PDA

View Full Version : Ive i think ive lost my motivation for this job :S

emmadines
25-03-2009, 11:56 PM
as the tittle says really!!

Ive been minding for just over 6 months (registered for a year) I Had a call the other week asking for 4 day week 8am -4 pm, anyway that cancelled and didnt re book, apparently sister if having the lil boy. so I feel a bit deflated over that.
other then that the kids have been a bit of a handful. I feel so demotivated at the mo, I dont quiet understand what the problem is but i the lack of motivation.

got it be a 6 month glitch or something?? How do I get my motivation back???

rickysmiths
26-03-2009, 12:10 AM
It must be that it was approaching the witching hour!!:laughing:

I've been minding for 15 years now and it does go in ups and downs. It is deflating when you get your hopes up over a mindee and it falls through. Be strong, have confidence in yourself and if you want it to happen it will.

Are you aware that all schools have to hold an information sheet about you and your vacancies if you want to give it to them? Same with your local Childrens Centre if you have one yet. If yiu have a childrens centre they may even have a board where they will put up a small ad for you.

Visit all the local toddler groups, is there a local cm group if you are not sure ask your development officer or ring NCMA and ask they should be able to tell you yur nearest one.

John
26-03-2009, 04:57 AM
It must be that it was approaching the witching hour!!:laughing:

I've been minding for 15 years now and it does go in ups and downs. It is deflating when you get your hopes up over a mindee and it falls through. Be strong, have confidence in yourself and if you want it to happen it will.

Are you aware that all schools have to hold an information sheet about you and your vacancies if you want to give it to them? Same with your local Childrens Centre if you have one yet. If yiu have a childrens centre they may even have a board where they will put up a small ad for you.

Visit all the local toddler groups, is there a local cm group if you are not sure ask your development officer or ring NCMA and ask they should be able to tell you yur nearest one.

I'm so sorry to hear you feel like that, as Ricky says it does have it's up's and down but it soon pass's. I've only been minding just over 2 years and thought about given it in on a downer but i'll get back up and say no as it's the best job i've had. Hope you will be on the up again soon,

Sorry for going off topic alittle, rickysmiths are you right about if you give your information to schools they have to put it on the info sheet? as i've ask most of the nursery's in my area and say we don't do this.

John.

mandysmonkeys
26-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Sorry for going off topic alittle, rickysmiths are you right about if you give your information to schools they have to put it on the info sheet? as i've ask most of the nursery's in my area and say we don't do this.

John.[/QUOTE]

I asked school and childrens centre about putting info too, they said they can't do it without the details coming from LA I thought that they ment CIS. But in kent they run a course for "extending services" I am booked to on this on 8th April its 3 hours and more of a portfolio biulding session, then my details will be passed onto schools in my area and the two childrens centres.

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 07:07 AM
my local schools have a notice board where we can advertise without asking the LA, it is upto the childminders to add/remove their details and the office keeps our numbers close to hand too.

The local childrens centre keep cm contacts in their office and have a set form we fill out that is displayed on their notice board.

I think everyone has ups and downs especially when childrens numbers are down. hang on in there someone will come along soon.

angeldelight
26-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Poor you Emma I think we all go through patches like this and you do lose your motivation and feel like you could do with a change even

Hope you are ok and things start to look up for you soon

Sending good luck vibes your way

Angel xx

sue m
26-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Nothing much I can say Emma but I hope you feel more positive soon. Itis horrible being in this situation. My lo is 3 and the parents are trying (to find the time) to get him into a nursery and it won't be near me so I will be looking again soon. I've already advertised but just on the childcare thingy? Can't remember what it is now! :D Chin up!!

christine e
26-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Roll on summer :jump for joy:
I for one am ready for eating outdoors (birds clean up the mess) and spreading out in the garden.
Everyone I think will feel better when we get some warmer weather.
fingers crossed

Cx

emmadines
26-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Roll on summer :jump for joy:
I for one am ready for eating outdoors (birds clean up the mess) and spreading out in the garden.
Everyone I think will feel better when we get some warmer weather.
fingers crossed

Cx

I agree, Im alot better when the sun is out and Im not shivering about, I dont think I have my minded lot during the school hols so a break and spending time with my own two children will most likely help.