PDA

View Full Version : Shocking

Pipsqueak
25-03-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/lifestyle-511/lifestyle-8/work-study-childcare-44/270342-non-registered-childminder-fees.html

Zoemum2four
25-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Wow......What a read :eek:

sue m
25-03-2009, 09:34 PM
:laughing: :thumbsup: Sorry Pip, we've just done this one. Well I have and one or two of the other girls. I've not been so angry for a long long time!!!! I'd have punched that woman if I was anywhere near her. :angry:

littlethistle
25-03-2009, 09:41 PM
:eek: omg i cant believe what i just read :eek:

Princess Sara
25-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Aww thought it was something new, just read about it in the other thread. Lol. Very shocking though.

Pipsqueak
25-03-2009, 10:12 PM
oops sorry - I was so incensed!!! Should have guessed someone here would have beat me too it lol:D

~Chelle~
25-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Lets hope that nothing happens to her child whilst in the care of this "unregistered babysitter", I am sure that the mother would be the first person on the news blaming the teacher if anything did happen to her child.

Why are people paying £3.50 per hour for a non registered childminder when they can ge ta fully first aid trained/insured/professional childminder for the same price, or less in some areas.

Some people are crazy:angry:

Eileen322
25-03-2009, 10:15 PM
WOW! Totally gobsmacking stuff!:(

sue m
25-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I think that mother would blame anyone but herself tbh!!! Didn't you read it Chelle, :rolleyes: we have no common sense and she wouldn't let us look after her dog. Or something like that anyway! She's a paramedic, hope her bedsie manner is better than her posts! She'd probably have a go at you for having an accident and calling her out!!!!

sue m
25-03-2009, 10:16 PM
or BEDSIDE manner even!

~Chelle~
25-03-2009, 10:18 PM
The only childminder I know who would look after her dog is Granny Murray from Me Too lol :laughing:

Silly cow of a woman, as a paramedic she should know better, or so you would have thought:rolleyes:

Ripeberry
25-03-2009, 10:21 PM
There is an unregistered carer at my daughters school. I'm the ONLY registered childminder, but she's laughed at me as i've spent time and money getting myself legal and haven't got anyone yet. The mother she cares for says that she won't move to me (up to her) and yesterday the so called "childminder" left her charge in the car as it was raining. I'm bidding my time, she will slip up sometime :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
25-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Well done Sue for all your comments.

You are really getting the hang of this posting lark now aren't you :laughing:

Pipsqueak
25-03-2009, 10:28 PM
There is an unregistered carer at my daughters school. I'm the ONLY registered childminder, but she's laughed at me as i've spent time and money getting myself legal and haven't got anyone yet. The mother she cares for says that she won't move to me (up to her) and yesterday the so called "childminder" left her charge in the car as it was raining. I'm bidding my time, she will slip up sometime :rolleyes:

report her hun. even if you do it anon.

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

sue m
25-03-2009, 10:31 PM
DEAd right Ripeberry but let's hope nothing has to happen to the child before she gets found out.

Thank you Pixie LOL I'm so easy going and don't often throw my toys out the pram but when I really feel strongly about something, I will blow! I've learned this over the past 30 years, I used to be really quiet y'know!!!!! :littleangel:

PixiePetal
25-03-2009, 10:34 PM
DEAd right Ripeberry but let's hope nothing has to happen to the child before she gets found out.

Thank you Pixie LOL I'm so easy going and don't often throw my toys out the pram but when I really feel strongly about something, I will blow! I've learned this over the past 30 years, I used to be really quiet y'know!!!!! :littleangel:

So was I .......once! I hold my tongue then surprise people when I blow. Then they all say they didn't 'know I was like that!'

miffy
25-03-2009, 10:35 PM
:laughing: :thumbsup: Sorry Pip, we've just done this one. Well I have and one or two of the other girls. I've not been so angry for a long long time!!!! I'd have punched that woman if I was anywhere near her. :angry:

Thought it was you when I read through it - well done Sue, seems like this lady has a big chip on her shoulder

Miffy xx

Demonjill
25-03-2009, 10:37 PM
You were quite right. Well done Sue :clapping: :clapping:

sue m
25-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks Miffy, I don't usually get involved or het up but she SO got to me that woman!!!!! She was a nutter. That's my considered opinion! :D

Same here Pixie, people are surprised if I blow but I haven't had a good blow for years!!! :littleangel: I feel quite invigourated!!!! (sp?)

mum2two
26-03-2009, 08:09 AM
I think it must have now been removed, as whatever it was I can't read it...

What was it about?

xx

Mollymop
26-03-2009, 08:16 AM
I can't read it! Even though I am a member it says I don'thave access:(
Can someone let me know what it was about? x

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 08:18 AM
a mother leaving her child with an unreg childminder paying 3.50 p/h but she tried to justify herself as the unreg cm was a qualified teacher and a friend.

a few peeps went in told her is was illegal and omg the mother lashed out stating she wouldnt leave her dog with a childminder let alone a child.

so you can now imagine the replies back i stopped reading and posting as it annoyed me too much ... Sue was doing a good job there.

Nicky
I can't read it either, and I am intrigued!!

sue m
I went on to see if anyone had made anymore comments and it said I didn't have permission to view that page or whatever they say! lol

It was about a woman asking if anyone used 'non-registered childminders' and a couple replied that they had an how much they had paid and I very sweetly :cool: pointed out that this was ilegal and anyone looking after children for money must be oftsed registered and then this person called Heather started picking on me!!!! :eek: It all got quite heated and she was really insulting! A few girls, some from here, joined in and said the same as me but she was really rude and said HER 'childminder' was a schol teacher and she had met registered childminders and they had no common sense and she wouldn't let them look after her dog! I was rather pleased with myself and everyone else cos she was getting so nasty and insulting and we were all cool and pointing out the facts to her about what WE do. I never row with anyone so it was actually great fun!!! She said she had replied to the OP and had beenmet with a barrage of insults and it was HER who started it!!!

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 08:22 AM
its annoying when posts get moved from public/member view lol

but still she was in the wrong and had no right to be so insulting.

personally i would never want to work with a parent like her anyway ... whew lucky escape i'd say

Bushpig
26-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh I wish I had seen that - would have enjoyed reading it and putting my 2p in.... :angry:

flora
26-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Some people are so silly,

good for you Sue and others for "fighting" our corner.

I can't view it either, probably best :D

sallybrooke
26-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I was on the thread last night and put in my share, by calling her both agressive AND defensive!
I then logged off to go to bed so didn't see if she replied!
I tried to read it this morning, but yes, I think it has been removed!

Stupid woman!

Sue M - Yes, I am also on this forum! And a few others!

Sally x

Pipsqueak
26-03-2009, 09:23 AM
reckon its been deleted!

Pudding Girl
26-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Yes if you get that messge it's been taken off for editing or deleted.

Annoying me now, I want to see what else was said lol! I got as far as me saying would you use an unregistered teacher/builder/gasman/accoutnant/lawyer etc

Anyone fill me in?

sue m
26-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Sally, I wondered if you were on here lol.

We shut her up anyway LOL

Sue x x
I was on the thread last night and put in my share, by calling her both agressive AND defensive!
I then logged off to go to bed so didn't see if she replied!
I tried to read it this morning, but yes, I think it has been removed!

Stupid woman!

Sally x

angeldelight
26-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Lets hope that nothing happens to her child whilst in the care of this "unregistered babysitter", I am sure that the mother would be the first person on the news blaming the teacher if anything did happen to her child.

Why are people paying £3.50 per hour for a non registered childminder when they can ge ta fully first aid trained/insured/professional childminder for the same price, or less in some areas.

Some people are crazy:angry:

Yes they are

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
26-03-2009, 09:37 AM

Sally x

I'm Trixie on Netmums

sue m
26-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Yes if you get that messge it's been taken off for editing or deleted.

Annoying me now, I want to see what else was said lol! I got as far as me saying would you use an unregistered teacher/builder/gasman/accoutnant/lawyer etc

Anyone fill me in?

I did actually save some of it but it's a hell of a lot of writing. I missed the 2nd page out.

sue m
26-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Had a quick look George and I'm sure I didn't get the second page after what you had written, sorry! :panic:

sue m
26-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm Trixie on Netmums

Oh right! Crikey it's so confusing all these different names LOL

mandy moo
26-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Im on there too under Mandy F 38, wot ever is the the number for?
Oh id loved to have read that and put my oar in..lol

sue m
26-03-2009, 12:57 PM
As the very rude person on there said Mandy, quite rightly, we were going round in circles, us telling her over and over again that she did not have a childminder, she had a babysitter to which she took enormous offence LOL and us telling her that registered childminders were professional and explaining what we did. SHE said childminders she knew had no common sense and she wouldn't let one look after her dog. She was very rude and putting 'boring' icons up and we all told her how rude she was but she wasn't having any of it. SHE was right. I did look at her private profile and she's a flippin' paramedic in Leeds (What out you don't need an ambulance up there andif you do, don't mention youre a REGISTERED childminder!!!) so I did make a remark about hoping she had a betterbedside manner. I'm going to Leeds tomorrow for the weekend, hope I don't need an ambulance!!!!

I don't often get angry but she had me going last night.

sue m
26-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm sue m 255 or something. I don't know what they're for either. I didn't know when I was posting that some of the girls who were also posting, Registered Childminders, were girls from here with a different name! I use the same name but joined i village and am just suze on there. So original! :rolleyes:

sue m
26-03-2009, 01:01 PM
I just clicked on the link on this thread and it seems to be back on. Not read it yet so don't know if anything has been edited.

TheBTeam
26-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I too posted on there my name is the same, i had had a bad day yesterday and can be a lot braver posting than i have guts to be face to face:laughing:

~Chelle~
26-03-2009, 01:04 PM
It says that it has been edited, please stick to the topic and a few posts, lncluding some of yours Sue, have been taken off!

I am Chelle d 2 on there by the way x

sue m
26-03-2009, 01:11 PM
I was just about to ask if you were the Chelle on there! You're not Chelle the moderator then? Think she was Chelle P or something? It says can you please stick to the original OP, err, I thought we were really. They took some of that Heather's off too I think when she was saying do I always judge people before I meet them and it was boring! LOL Heather M was insulting but it wasn't getting out of hand, no-one was swearing or anything so why take it off, it's a discussion isn't it on a forum???? Not one of us was rude. She obviously hates to be though in the wrong. Glad I don't know her, don't think she's very nice!! :littleangel:

sue m
26-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I too posted on there my name is the same, i had had a bad day yesterday and can be a lot braver posting than i have guts to be face to face:laughing:

You did Lynn and I was thinking, is she one of us from the forum lol. There are so many names I lose the plot. When Sally posted I thought, she has to be a childminder and of course she is. I don't know when I was so angry last. :eek: :angry:

~Chelle~
26-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Nah I am not the moderator, if I was I would have kicked Heather's butt lol

childmind04
26-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Im on there too and replied last night about it being cash in hand (that was a dig after all the comments about cms charging extras in another thread) and that she would not be happy if anything did happen to the child :panic:

I hate that site now and only reply the odd time as i find myself getting too worked up over some of the digs at cm's :angry:

sue m
26-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes, she said that childminders only did it for the school runs, before and after school for the money didn't she!! It I remember right, which is doubtful. I wish they hadn't edited it cos she had run out of things to say therefore was just being rude, I wondered how far she'd go. No wonder her OH drinks heavily!

LOOPYLISA
26-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I loved it last night put my 2p worth in :laughing:

rickysmiths
26-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I think it must have now been removed, as whatever it was I can't read it...

What was it about?

xx

Its back now. The moderators have heavily edited the thread since last night. I think a lot of us were insensed by the comments being made by a very misguided parent who uses an unregistered carer for her child and pays them but calls them an 'unregistered childminder':eek: :eek:

My post was removed!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I must have be a bit to naughty, I was soooo angry :angry: :angry:

Sue you are more restrained!!!!!!

Anyway have posted again, too the point but not so angry.!!!:thumbsup:

sue m
26-03-2009, 02:46 PM
D'you know what, I've discovered in my wisdom :cool: that the more restrained you are with some people, the more angry they get and she did! LOL I didn't even know I was restrained till last night, if I'm really really annoyed I will go in and say something but I have to be really cross but she'd have made Mother Teresa cross!!!

mandy moo
26-03-2009, 03:00 PM
gonna see if Ican find it ..
Back soon:)

Pudding Girl
26-03-2009, 04:03 PM
and now someones said :

"Just one question to ask really, to the registered childminders_ What are the children who you look after doing whilst your posting on here. Wouldn't like the thought of my child being looked after by someone who sits at the computer for that time my child is with them."

probably will be removed as not "on topic" so posting for your benefit.

sue m
26-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Playing with the knives in the kitchen and down the loo and whatever else kids LOVE to do!!! :D All I said to begin with in a very nice way that it was breaking the law to pay someone who wasn't registered which we all know is true and they say they know it too so why do they have to get all stroppy??? It could have been "oh, thanks, I didn't realize that" or"well that's your opinion, I will ring Ofsted and see what they say" but some miserable devils have to get rude and now there's another one! Her post doesn't make sense either in answer to Trixie's!!!!! All they have done is made themselves look stupid.

loocyloo
26-03-2009, 05:20 PM
and now someones said :

"Just one question to ask really, to the registered childminders_ What are the children who you look after doing whilst your posting on here. Wouldn't like the thought of my child being looked after by someone who sits at the computer for that time my child is with them."

yep! its gone!

i can't believe (well i can!) the strength of arguement because some posters didn't like hearing the truth!
i think the minders who have been posting have been great! i couldn't put a rational comment together myself!

:D

sue m
26-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I think after this I'm going to leave netmums, I'll be trawling the site stalking that Heather and now Emma and picking arguments. If you can't have a discussion without silly girls getting rude and insulting us when WE know more than anyone what registered childminders have to do and they take it off the forum then it's just not fair. It wasn't US being offensive. There must be some very lonely, bitter girls out there to post such silly things. :angry:

Mollymop
26-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Sue emailed me the the thread!!! :laughing:
She is brill!
Thanks Sue

I really enjoyed:rolleyes: getting annoyed at the email knowing I couldn't post a comment back! Grrr!

I think because the teacher was a "friend" she thought it was ok. Fair enough maybe she didn't quite understand that people have to be registered, BUT when she started slagging off childminders - Hey ho, how dare she. I was disgusted!!

sue m
26-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Thank you lol, she certainly understands now that they have to be registered! She had a lot of us going on at her and then I think she must have disappeared. I only made the first comment about it being illegal, everyone else had a lot of good points. I just don't see the point of being sarcastic and rude when someone is only telling you politely what the law is!? xx

Pipsqueak
26-03-2009, 06:26 PM
There have been so many derogatory threads about minders on Netmums and so many people who jump on the bandwagon to slate minders - when I first joined up on there I was so shocked and got into a very heated argument with some people on there. Even the mod came to my defence!!!!

But I will stand my ground and I won't have people slating what I and a good many others do so well. Its ok to have an opinion, its great to express it but there are two sides to every story and there needs to be respect and understanding on both sides.
We as parents ourselves (or many of us) can often see things from both angles and I do think because we have to jump through so many hoops and work so hard thats why we react like this.

This is my biggest beef - NCMA should be doing more to get info out there to people about what we do, how we do it, what does a good (not a good graded) minder/setting look like, the standards we have to meet etc. Until we start getting some bigtime backing and public support from NCMA, government, Ofsted then we are beating our heads against a brick wall - trying to make people realise we are an equivelent to a nursery, our level 3's and training are just as good etc.

(steps down of soap box)

teacake2
26-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Well done Sue and all the others who managed to post on the story, or should I say yet another occasion when we are being slated on Netmums. I have stopped even looking on the site because of this, I think these people are either going through a guilt trip having to go out to work or are jealous of us because we know we are the greatest thing since sliced bread where the care of children are concerned, we know the amount of time, money and effort we put into our children and should give ourselves a big pat on the back and say thank goodness there are people like us around.:clapping: :clapping:
Teacake2

Schnakes
26-03-2009, 07:17 PM
*appluads Teacake with a standing ovation*!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mandy moo
26-03-2009, 07:29 PM
and now someones said :

I replyed to this one saying that I was not working at the mo due to an accident 4 weeks ago and hurting my leg, & that no I dont get paid when I am not able to work due to illness blah blah blah,

It appears to have been removed.

I would like to know why? anybody know how to find out?
I Was'nt rude just stated the facts!!

sue m
26-03-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't know Mandy but it is soooo annoying that, how dare they remove our posts that aren't insulting or offensive! Why are WE getting edited and deleted??? I'm definitely leaving the damn site when all this is over. Can you pm a mod?

mandy moo
26-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes |I think I will.
I had to reply to that post coz she bloomin well annoyed me.
stupid woman ought to be made to apologuise sorry about the spelling but waiting for leg to get better and hopping about like a demented rabbit is tiring and will go to bed shortly:)
I will look again tomorrow ..

sue m
26-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Calm down Mandy! You'll end up doing more damage! lol

I'm just packing cos I'm going to mothers in the morning, going up to Leeds. Whooop. Not. Got to practice my happy face for the weekend!!!! :eek: :D

buildingblocks
26-03-2009, 08:31 PM

You need to report to someone her leaving a child in a car is not good

Possibly have a word with a friendly PCSO so they are walking past the school at the right time

buildingblocks
26-03-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm sue m 255 or something. I don't know what they're for either. I didn't know when I was posting that some of the girls who were also posting, Registered Childminders, were girls from here with a different name! I use the same name but joined i village and am just suze on there. So original! :rolleyes:

i am guessing hte number means you are there are that many Sue M's on the site

buildingblocks
26-03-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't know Mandy but it is soooo annoying that, how dare they remove our posts that aren't insulting or offensive! Why are WE getting edited and deleted??? I'm definitely leaving the damn site when all this is over. Can you pm a mod?

You casn't leave the site otherwise How ill we know when to go and post in childminders defense lol. I am guessing Mod my be a friend of the irate poster as a lot of hte childminders posts were deleted

angeldelight
26-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Thank goodness we dont have those sort of problems on here

Angel xx

Mollymop
26-03-2009, 08:47 PM
I must say that I gave up Netmums along time ago, as did many other older members on here.
The amount of times I have seen upsetting threads on there, about Childminders, how much they charge and how they HATE us all. It made me both angry and paranoid thinking that a lot people must feel that way about us as childminders.

I got my first ever enquiry from Netmums!!;)

Mollymop
26-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Thank goodness we dont have those sort of problems on here

Angel xx

Well most of us are Angels, like you :littleangel: so of course we don't;)

angeldelight
26-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Well most of us are Angels, like you :littleangel: so of course we don't;)

Cheeky haha

The difference is here we all respect each others views

We never delete a post either just because we dont like a reply

Angel xx

LisaH
26-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I've never been on the netmums forums before but after reading this I think it better stay that way, I would most likely blow a fuse!!!:angry:

sue m
26-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I'd love to read that Lisa!!! I hope it all stops now - cos I'm going away in the morning and I don't want to miss anything! I'm coming up your way Lisa, as you will already have gathered :blush:

Mollymop
26-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I'd love to read that Lisa!!! I hope it all stops now - cos I'm going away in the morning and I don't want to miss anything! I'm coming up your way Lisa, as you will already have gathered :blush:

MIss you already Sue. (Have fun or try too:laughing: )

sue m
26-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks Sandra. For missing me already lol. I'm like a child, I don't want to go to bed cos when I get up, it'll be time to go! :eek: She'd better not be nasty to me this weekend (but she will!!!) cos I'm in the mood now! :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to seeing my cousins anyway, I only see them now and again, can be years between meets. One is very much like me - or I'm like her cos she's older - and we have such a good laugh. I'm not working till Tuesday now either. x

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 10:39 PM
obviously we have no lives other than to childmind and we work 24 hours a day and should not be posting on the forum at anyimte whilst working !!! yeah so what are her children doing whilst she is posting? maybe cms; do not deserve a rest.

sue m
26-03-2009, 11:08 PM
obviously we have no lives other than to childmind and we work 24 hours a day and should not be posting on the forum at anyimte whilst working !!! yeah so what are her children doing whilst she is posting? maybe cms; do not deserve a rest.

I said something about that to her, I asked if she had both eyes on her child 24/7 - can't remember what exactly I said now. I was going to say, if you do have your eye on them 24/7, you should be a Registered Childminder as you'd be great but I restrained myself from getting sarky!! :littleangel:

angeldelight
26-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks Sandra. For missing me already lol. I'm like a child, I don't want to go to bed cos when I get up, it'll be time to go! :eek: She'd better not be nasty to me this weekend (but she will!!!) cos I'm in the mood now! :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to seeing my cousins anyway, I only see them now and again, can be years between meets. One is very much like me - or I'm like her cos she's older - and we have such a good laugh. I'm not working till Tuesday now either. x

Hope you have a lovely time Sue

We will miss you

Angel xx

Bushpig
26-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Has anyone employed a carer who is not a registered childminder?
What fees do you pay?
I have one, paying her L3.50 per hour, but is that a lot or too little?
What are your opinions, please? [smilie=017.gif][/QUOTE]

(My quick answer)
No, I never would as I (a) do things legally, and it is illegal to be a childminder and not be registered, (b) I wouldn't hire an unregistered lawyer to deal with a matter, never mind an unregistered carer for my child... the most important thing in my life...

ps: childminders are self employed.

miffy
26-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Hope you have a lovely time Sue

We will miss you

Angel xx

Ditto from me

And forget about the silly woman from netmums - she's not worth it!

Miffy xx

Bushpig
26-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Ditto from me

And forget about the silly woman from netmums - she's not worth it!

Miffy xx

I agree - have a lovely time Sue!

sue m
27-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks all. The day has dawned and I'm off up the A1 to my mothers :eek:

I'm a horrible person lol. We always got on really well but I was closer to my Dad really and he died 4 years ago and Mum has got old and cantankerous and selfish and manipulative and ............... anyway, today is the day!!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, my diet will go to pot this weekend but what the hell.

Love Sue x x x x x

angeldelight
27-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks all. The day has dawned and I'm off up the A1 to my mothers :eek:

I'm a horrible person lol. We always got on really well but I was closer to my Dad really and he died 4 years ago and Mum has got old and cantankerous and selfish and manipulative and ............... anyway, today is the day!!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, my diet will go to pot this weekend but what the hell.

Love Sue x x x x x

Forget the diet Sue ha

Have a great time

Love Angel xx

sue m
27-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks Angel. x

miffy
27-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Hope it all goes well with your mother.

I think you are allowed to ditch the diet :)

Miffy xx

sue m
27-03-2009, 07:35 AM
I am aren't I, I'm seeing my family, I like my cousins, we get on well, and having a nice meal and I've been proper poorly so I'm going to try and enjoy my weekend LOL. I shall have more than one vodka and orange too!!!! :thumbsup: Just wish I could see my friends when I'm up there but as I'm going for such a short time, I'm not allowed out! :eek:

Take care all. x

miffy
27-03-2009, 07:47 AM
as I'm going for such a short time, I'm not allowed out! :eek:

Take care all. x

Oh dear, I can definitely see the diet disappearing into the distance :laughing:

Perhaps you could invite your friends round? (No, maybe not - just make sure you've got lots of vodka and orange and chocolate with you!)

Miffy xx

RedDragon
27-03-2009, 08:10 AM
If no one can see the thread on Netmums and they want me to post the full thread to them send me a private message with your email address on and I will do it after the school run.

mandy moo
27-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Havea good time Sue, we will see you soon.
Im now going to have a look and see If I got a reply to my post.

And I thought the same of the others 'wheres your child then if your sitting on the PC making silly comments' but I restrained myself:) lol:)

sue m
27-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Blimey, I knew I'd forgotten something Miff, it's the flippin' vodka!!!!!:eek:

Well done Red Dragon, I kept the first page but haven't got time for the others now with going oop North. I'm terrible for saving everything lol.

I shall be checking netmums Mandy until I have to be dragged out of the door to go!!! lol

gegele
27-03-2009, 08:21 AM
an other one who will come crying if god forbid something was to happen to her kid.like parents who don't put belt on their kids in car, if they had a crash that injured the kid it will ALL be the other driver fault..... they're making me angry......and it's too early to start!!!!!:angry:

Pudding Girl
27-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Safe travels Sue x

rickysmiths
27-03-2009, 08:48 AM
I replyed to this one saying that I was not working at the mo due to an accident 4 weeks ago and hurting my leg, & that no I dont get paid when I am not able to work due to illness blah blah blah,

It appears to have been removed.

I would like to know why? anybody know how to find out?
I Was'nt rude just stated the facts!!

Mandy I've just had a look and I think the post you are refering to was posted at about 17.49 yesterday. Its still there.

Donkey
27-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I would never ever use someone who is not registered to look after my child

She is the most precious thing to me in the world.

Registered Childminders are Enhanced CRB checked as is every member of their family who are over 16 in the household.

Your Teacher might be CRB checked but is her partner?

Registered Childminders have a first aid certficate, food hygiene training, safeguarding training

Your teacher will prob have safeguarding training, maybe even first aid, but I doubt she has food hygiene.

Registered Childminders invest heavily in their own personal development. We attend training courses on weekends and evenings.

Since I have registered in September 08 I have completed the following

First Aid
Food Hygiene
2 Safeguarding courses
Developing Quality Practitioners
Creating Inclusive Environments
NCFE Occupational Health Safety
Celebrating Cultural Diversity
NCFE Equality and Diversity
Story Boxes Workshop
EYFS Workshop
SEF Training

I am currently doing my NVQ Level 3 in Childcare

and I have planned...
NCFE Drug awareness
NCFE Safe Handling of Medicines
NCFE Infection Control
NCFE Healthy Eating
NCFE Healthy Living

And I charge £3.25 per hour. Less than your unregistered carer.

Registered Childminders are professional childcarers, why on earth would you not use someone who is registered, its not safe, its illegal and your putting your child in danger!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ^^^ my post

mandy moo
28-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Mandy I've just had a look and I think the post you are refering to was posted at about 17.49 yesterday. Its still there.

Yes thanks Ricky, I posted again a couple hours later and then again the next day waiting for an apology..lol
Its not forthcoming, why am I not surprised..

Pudding Girl
28-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Still rumbling on, apparently we don't like our jobs and moan too much fgs.

mandy moo
28-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Who me or them george:laughing: :laughing:

Pudding Girl
28-03-2009, 02:29 PM
the thread on NM lol

Shar
28-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks pip, made my blood boil. :angry:

mandy moo
28-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Please dont give up tho ladies &(gents)
Coz they really dont seem too have a clue:(

Pipsqueak
29-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Thanks pip, made my blood boil. :angry:

lol apparently i can have that effect on people:littleangel: :laughing:

Pudding Girl
07-04-2009, 08:29 PM
STILL!!!!

rumbling on.....

:mad:

The Juggler
08-04-2009, 09:27 AM
report her hun. even if you do it anon.

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Definately go for it. However, Ofsted can be a bit rubbish on this front. They are so hard on all of us who are diligent but not so hard on those committing serious offences.

I know someone who has reported unregistered carers before and Ofsted said they won't take action because they are only responsible for monitoring registered carers!

I also know people who've reported inadequate care and they've visited the childminders concerned and just asked them if it's true or checked the registers and left it at that!

What can you do? However, personally speaking if you are seeing a child being left report it anyway. It would be hard to live with yourself if something happened to a child in the care of someone you had concerns about and you hadn't done everything you can to alert the authorities.

Go for it!

Mouse
08-04-2009, 11:30 AM
If you know someone who is not registered, but minding you can contact your local Early Years team. They can often do more than Ofsted are willing to do.