PDA

View Full Version : ELC & The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Pedagog
25-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Went into Early Learning Centre today and they have loads of Very Hungry Caterpillar products and if you spend £15 on them you get a free Hungry Caterpillar bag and scrap book.

I got a great large board book with soft caterpillar, and a card game.

They also had some lovely puppets, jumbo floor puzzle, pram toys, baby books and colouring books.

I love Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Nothing on their website that I can find.

charleyfarley
25-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Ooohhhh thanks for that :thumbsup:

Hungry Caterpillar is in my planning for the next month, I shall be popping in to ELC on Sat :clapping:

Carol xx

donnadoo2004200
25-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I did an activity on this today with mindees, after the book I let them chop up their own fruit for snack time, we had kiwi, dragon fruit, mango and passion fruit, they loved this and most of them ate fruit they dont normally touch. Great book though.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PixiePetal
25-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I did an activity on this today with mindees, after the book I let them chop up their own fruit for snack time, we had kiwi, dragon fruit, mango and passion fruit, they loved this and most of them ate fruit they dont normally touch. Great book though.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Did you try the dragon fruit? Looks lovely but it had no taste (well not the one we had!) waste of money except DD needed to draw it for art :laughing:

miffy
25-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks for that - will have a look next time I'm in there

Sparklebox have a Hungry Caterpillar game in their free downloads

www.sparklebox.co.uk

Miffy xx

katieanna
25-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi,
Tescos have got the very hungry caterpillar and colourful butterfly reduced, I got them for £2.71 each...... Bargain. Much cheaper than ELC!! Also Wilkinsons quite often have the giant floor puzzle of the hungry caterpillar for £5.

loocyloo
25-03-2009, 11:12 PM
ooo ... i was in my local elc last saturday and nearly bought some hungry caterpillar stuff ... didn't see anything to say you got a free gift if you spent £15 !!!

i'm a sucker for a 'free' gift everytime!

rickysmiths
26-03-2009, 12:23 AM
I'll have to pop in on Sat get some stuff to go in my story sack made from the Very Hungry Catterpillar Material I got at Hobby Craft last month.:clapping: :clapping:

charleyfarley
26-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Did you try the dragon fruit? Looks lovely but it had no taste (well not the one we had!) waste of money except DD needed to draw it for art :laughing:

Glad it wasn't just us that thought it had no taste, ours was tasteless too, not cheap either

Carol xx

huggableshelly
26-03-2009, 07:17 AM
coolies ty

i did the hungry catterplillar this month as got live caterpillars.

well now they are in coccoons now, they should start opening out on monday yay i hope they dont open over the wkend as want the mindess to see them too.

angeldelight
26-03-2009, 07:19 AM
I also saw this in ELC the other day and thought what a bargain it was

But .........

Then I went to Tesco and it was actually cheaper and had no offer on it

Angel xx

miffy
26-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Hi,
Tescos have got the very hungry caterpillar and colourful butterfly reduced, I got them for £2.71 each...... Bargain. Much cheaper than ELC!! Also Wilkinsons quite often have the giant floor puzzle of the hungry caterpillar for £5.

Can feel a trip to Tesco's coming on.................

Miffy xx

Pedagog
26-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Yes, I think a trip to Tesco is a must. I have been wanting to make a Hungry Caterpillar story sack for a while.

Toothfairy
26-03-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm sure you all know this :yawning: but just incase any new CM's did'nt, if you are a CM you can get a 10% discount card form ELC which is renewed yearly. You just have to fill in a small form and take along your registration certificate and a letter head. :)

Pudding Girl
26-03-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm a huge fan of VHC!

I'm getting two handmade VHC footmuffs made for me :clapping:

Rasharoon
26-03-2009, 10:37 AM
I did see all the lovely Hungry Caterpillar toys but then I also saw the price. I did get the story sack from our local children's centre the other week but nobody showed the slighest bit of interest!!

Pedagog
26-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm sure you all know this :yawning: but just incase any new CM's did'nt, if you are a CM you can get a 10% discount card form ELC which is renewed yearly. You just have to fill in a small form and take along your registration certificate and a letter head. :)

Sadly they wouldn't let you have discount and free gift.:(