PDA

View Full Version : TONSILITIS

taiwallis
25-03-2009, 07:37 PM
hi guys,
sorry - need quick bit of advice - just had a text from client. Mindee who is due tomorrow has been to doctor today because of cough and has been told that he has tonsilitis. She wants to know if he can still come today. He has been put on antibiotics. I want to say no< or is this very wrong of me?
My view is that if he was ill enough to go to the doctors he definitely shouldnt be coming here.
Any advice!!

LOOPYLISA
25-03-2009, 07:39 PM
No i wouldn't have him tomorrow :thumbsup:

estrelas
25-03-2009, 07:54 PM
when my daughter had it not long ago, she only had a cough. Doc said she would be fine for school and started antibiotics.
I stayed off for two days anyway but she really was ok :)

FizzysFriends
25-03-2009, 08:06 PM
I used to send my DD with it, but she had it more of often than not (had them removed now), she wasn't ill with it. So i'd say it depends on how he is in himself.

Willowdancer
25-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Agree with FF ^^^

If he was ok in himself I'd probably still have him. I never had tonsillitis until I was an adult, and I don't know if its one of those things that's worse when you're older (like chickenpox etc) but it really knocked me for six when I tried to get back to my usual routine too quickly.

Hebs
25-03-2009, 08:26 PM
my son had this 19 times in 2 years, he went to nursery as normal until he had them removed

:thumbsup:

sarah707
25-03-2009, 08:28 PM
DD had tonsillitis every 5 weeks for nearly 4 years until they eventually decided she was bad enough to have them removed.

Antibiotics only shorten the healing process and docs stopped giving them her after a while, let her fight it herself.

So long as the child is well, that's the main thing... you cannot be expected to have a sick child sitting on your knee all day.

Toothfairy
26-03-2009, 08:53 AM
If the child is ok in themselves and can join in all the activities etc then I still accept them, if they are clingy, grizzly, wanting you to cuddle them all day etc etc then I feel they should be at home with Mum/Dad.
I explain to the parents that I have other children who need my attention and that I can't spend all day nursing a sick child as it is unfair on the others.

Toothfairy
26-03-2009, 08:55 AM
OOOh I've just read my reply back and I sounded realy strict.
I'm lovely realy :laughing: