PDA

View Full Version : Made mindees mum cry...

mum2two
25-03-2009, 06:12 PM
She has been trying to get lo to walk for ages. He's ready - just needs the confidence! Every time she picks up, we try to let go, but he just falls to his knees and crawls double speed for his cuddle!

She was away Mon night, & dad collected. We did it with dad, and he took his first couple of steps! :clapping:

Mum wasn't impressed! She got back late last night & he wasn't having any of it this morning before coming to me, but when she collected he was more than happy to oblige & show mummy his new trick!!! :thumbsup:

He now just needs to master the letting go of things by himself & he'll be off...

xx

Tatia
25-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Awww poor Mummy! I'd be upset, too if I didn't see the first steps. But at least Daddy got to see them.

Is she happy that she at least got to finally see him walk?

Mollymop
25-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Poor mum, I would be upset too!! Well done on baby for taking his first steps though

Ripeberry
25-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Its best to never tell parents that they did their first steps whilst in your care, just tell them that he/she is trying really hard then feing surprise if they do it when parent collects.
I remember when my children first walked and it was always very emotional! :)

nannymcflea
25-03-2009, 07:09 PM
I've had 3 doing their first steps with me and never mentioned anything....just said "oh they are soooo close" you never know they might later!:D

Pudding Girl
25-03-2009, 07:15 PM
awww poor mummy!

I'm just waiting for my mindee to take his first steps but wouldn't say a word about it when he did, and hope that his big sister wouldn't tell mummy either, let her find out herself :D

her8y
25-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I had one who took their first steps with me and didnt walk at home until 3 days later. I should have won an oscar for my surprised performance. The hardest thing was getting my own two not to tell mum.....:laughing:

marion123
25-03-2009, 07:33 PM
when my mindees start to walk i never tell them i always look surprised when they tell me :)

mum2two
25-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Just to make it clear - I never told mum he'd done it! Dad gloated to her, and she said to me this morning 'Oh he just won't do it for me!'

I meant she was crying with happiness that he'd done it for her!! I think she felt a bit left out he'd done it for dad...!

She asked if he's done it for me, or if dad was first & I said it was first for dad - which it was.

I would never tell parents if baby did it first at mine, & I told dad he was mean for gloating & making mum feel bad!!!

xx

jellytot
25-03-2009, 08:57 PM
well I say :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: to mindee

loocyloo
25-03-2009, 11:10 PM
LOL ...

when i was nannying, i cared for a little girl who we were told wouldn't walk till she was 2ish ... at 16 mths she walked! ( it was a friday ) ... i didn't tell parents .... on monday i couldn't wait for them to tell me ... and they didn't :eek: ... the next morning she walked in front of all of us ... turned out, they wanted me to have the joy and surprise of her walking, just as much as i wanted them to! never found out when she actually did start to walk! :D

x