PDA

View Full Version : OMG....OFSTED ARE COMING!!

Minnie mouse
25-03-2009, 04:19 PM
oh my days just had the dreaded phone call, they are comin next week! im so not prepared. theres only 2 pictures on my display board and i haven't written an observation in ages! im so stressed im gonna panic now until they come :mad: :panic: :eek:

Monkey1
25-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Deep breaths! You have a bit of notice, you will be fine!

Minnie mouse
25-03-2009, 04:37 PM
i worked so hard getting everything up and running again after maternity leave. eyfs etc il be so dissapointed with anything less than a good, I really wud like an outstanding but i have no chance. Im on a first aid course all day sat and have family visiting sunday so only got 2 days. omg :eek: where do i start! Can anyone give me any pointers as to what they will be asking, looking for etc? Thankyou :mad:

lilsteff
25-03-2009, 04:43 PM
dont panic!!!!!! have u looked on the ofsted website at otrher childminders in the area to see what they have said in them etc?thts wot i did before my inspection!

when i had mine they asked loads honest its scary at first but u juyst gotta stay calm and remain professional, i had the parents write me some references which they were imporesed with. they ask to see ur accident book, registar, contracts etc make sure that everything has ofsted address on espiecially ur compliants policy!!! (VERY IMPORTANT) make sure that u tell them about experiance you have done with the kids like going to a musum and wot they learned - try to back it up with photo/scrap books.

Alibali
25-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Don't panic, you'll be fine. At least they're not coming tomorrow:) Hope all goes well.

huggableshelly
25-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Good Luck with it,
make up some postits this wk for obs.
get kiddies to do some pcis painting or coloring in anything will do to show you have their work on display.

marion123
25-03-2009, 07:24 PM
dont worry you will be fine stay calm :)

Minnie mouse
28-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Hiya just got a couple of questions if anyone can help please.. Am i allowed to leave a child alone in rm with ofsted whilst i put my baby to bed? Also what questions might ofsted be asking me?? (im terrible on the spot i cant answer anything for nerves) do i need to fill out a preparing for your inspection booklet? and can i download one off the net?

Shar
28-03-2009, 05:34 PM
:thumbsup: Have a look at the ofsted inspection hints and tips on the forum. There is lots of good feedback on there which will help. Make sure you have filled in your sef, learning journeys for each child, obs with next steps, photos of obs & activities. I know how stressfull it is so Good luck.:thumbsup:

estrelas
28-03-2009, 06:32 PM
no advice sorry

just wanted to wish you goodluck xx

donnadoo2004200
28-03-2009, 07:24 PM
GOODLUCK you will be fine.:)

sue
28-03-2009, 10:08 PM
take a deep breath count to ten and just be yourself, you will be fine:)

Monkey1
28-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't. Take all the children with you at all times! She might even follow you to watch everything you do! Make sure you go to the loo before she comes! Lol!!!!!!!!

Minnie mouse
29-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys! She certainly aint coming to the loo with me so you just made me think?! what do i do if i need the loo lol! take all the kids with me? :eek: They are 1, 4 and 5 and dont really want them all in the toilet with me lol! Ive just bought some bach remedy spray to help keep me calm lol! i will probably faint when i open the door to her lol!

FussyElmo
29-03-2009, 02:27 PM
First thing to do is not to stress easier said than done but they are not out to trip you up.

I was like you just gone back after maternity leave last september - wasnt supposed to start back till Oct but mindees mum rang and begged me to take her early as she wasnt happy with the childcare.

Got the call on the Tuesday at 5.15pm to say they were coming the next day...could have died and to top it off she was being inspected as well so had two inspectors in the house and because I wasnt due back we had started to decorate the hall and had a new puppy along with dd 12 weeks, ds 18 motnhs and mindee 18 months.

I was totally truthful with the inspector and told her I wasnt ready for her and if she asked me something about the EYFS I told her I didnt know (had done no training or anything) and she told me it was better to be honest than to lie.

The inspector was really nice and so was her inspector who was scared of dogs it was a good day and to top it off I had to take dd for her injections sitting here I am laughing at the headless chicken i had become...

So please try and stress and look at it as another professional giving you tips on how to improve:)

Minnie mouse
29-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all your support guys! Do we need to fill out the are you ready for yuor inspection booklet or does the sef replace that now? Thanks :)

FussyElmo
29-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Not sure didnt do either so suppose it depends on the inspector. I remember her asking me if I has done the sef :laughing: and she asked if i was ready for my inspection - er no but she didnt mark me down for it