PDA

View Full Version : slings

Polly2
25-03-2009, 08:56 AM
I am so chuffed!
My new baby has been a bit of a screamer but I thought thats pretty normal she's only been coming a month 2 half days a week and is 9mths.

Anyway today I thought I would try my sling to see if it comforted her a bit more.

All I can say is WOW! The difference is amazing she calmed down straight away and has just fallen asleep while playing with my hair.

I can highly recommend these slings http://www.peppermint.com/

Mine is the maya wrap - I didn't buy from this site though.

I know we have had threads on these before but thought I would post for any newer members. :clapping:

mandy moo
25-03-2009, 09:11 AM
That looks so comfortable,
The sling I tried to use for my eldest when he was small was so bloomin complicated to put on, I gave it a go once or twice then put it up in the loft:blush: where I think it still is.

uf353432
25-03-2009, 09:58 AM
I am a big sling wearer - love love love slings. I have a kari me which I used for both my girls, and have recently upgraded to a Rose and Rebellion which is wonderful as I can put baby on back independantly - leaving my front free for toddler hugs. I liked it so much I got a 2nd one, so now have to sell my Kari me on Ebay to pay towards it lol! I love the funky patterns on the rose rebellion ones and probably the nicest sling I have tried. I think its fab if you have a fractious kid to put in the sling, comforting for them and means you can crack on with other things.

Yay to cracking the problem :clapping:

Helen79
25-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Glad you found something that works :)

I love my slings but haven't used them with a mindee yet as ds is always in the sling with the older mindee in the pushchair.

donnadoo2004200
25-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Goodluck with baby:)

Polly2
26-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Just looked at the rose rebellion ones - they are so funky - I love them...might have to save up though:rolleyes: quite pricey!

Chatterbox Childcare
26-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I read the title of this and was expecting bondage!! naughty me.

Well done on sorting this out. Lets hope you have some peace now :)

uf353432
26-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Just looked at the rose rebellion ones - they are so funky - I love them...might have to save up though:rolleyes: quite pricey!

Holly if you email them, they had some slight seconds (used in photo shoots only) which she was selling off - they were alot cheaper and there might be a deal to be had.

Polly2
01-04-2009, 09:31 AM
ooooooh thanks for that! I will see what they say

debbie!!!! you wicked woman :eek:

Lincsminder
01-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I love my slings and use them all the time. I was quite happily carrying my dd (who was 2 1/2) on my back the day before ds2 was born with no problems. Now I use them for ds3, I find it sooths them an d sends them to sleep quite quickly. I have
1 homemade ring sling (brown and gold )
1 navy ring
1 Maya wrap
1 hug a bub
4 fleece pouches (various sizes)

Tatia
01-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I used a Maya wrap, too! :clapping: DD was in it til she was at least 2 and then I used it on various mindees, as well.

Polly2
02-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Well rose rebellion have offered me 15% off any slings also free delivery so I might order one - thanks for that x

Moominmomma
02-04-2009, 08:22 PM
I bought a sling for my youngest, it is one that comes as a long piece of material. Regrettably I only used it a few times. Couldn't find a position I liked. But I'd love to carry him round in it now, he's 2 and would find it lots of fun. Also, would be great for my mindee. Does anyone have any good sites for positions!

uf353432
02-04-2009, 08:36 PM
http://www.calinbleu.com/baby_sling_instructions.html

this is pretty good for different positions and tutorials

and Yay! Holly to a RR sling. I have 2 and they are used daily. Your only dilemma is which pattern to choose!!!

Blackhorse
02-04-2009, 08:46 PM
http://www.calinbleu.com/baby_sling_instructions.html

this is pretty good for different positions and tutorials

and Yay! Holly to a RR sling. I have 2 and they are used daily. Your only dilemma is which pattern to choose!!!

I have one of their slings too...I would love to use it more but I am not very good at tying it myself.
how long did it take you to master them?

jmoff
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
they look great! I may have to get one then! or two ha ha!

Have just noticed in one pic that there are twins!

http://www.peppermint.com/moby-wrap.html

Do you think it could be done with twins or would it be a struggle?!

Polly2
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Those look really comfortable but I know I would never be able to tie them! I would worry I might drop the baby ha!

miffy
02-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I've never used a sling - ever! Reading all your comments I feel I've missed out.

Anyone got a baby I can borrow? :)

Miffy xx

uf353432
02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I have a karime which is a wrap style sling and then 2 rose rebellion slings which are like posh Mei tai slings. The RR slings are a recent purchase and they require no training, can carry babies and kids on back with no aid etc. In fact was carrying my 3 and half yr old round tesco on my back while I did weekly shop this week - very comfortable. My Karime I have used for over 3 years and I have to say I adore it, I should sell it - but I love it so much and you just practise with it to get it tied perfectly for you and the child you carry.

Chell
05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I have two Calin Bleu wraps (http://www.calinbleu.com) - one fleece and one gauze and also an Ellaroo ring sling (http://www.littlepossums.co.uk/slings/ring-slings.htm#ers_organic) (mine is plain) which I've not long had.

I am finding the wrap much easier to tie now, it was fiddly so start with but I am quite good now. :p I often put it on at home infront of the mirror then slip her in when we get to our destination. Today I had to stop elsewhere first so I used my reflection on the side of the car as a mirror when tying it. It looks complicated but it is literally lining the middle of the sling with the moddle of your back, one end round the front and over one shoulder, other end over other shoulder round your back and tied in a knot. It makes a cross of fabric on your front. The baby is slipped into this.

I bought the ring sling for quickness but the wrap is more comfortable to use. For example today we walked two miles through the woods, the wrap was best as DDs weight was evenly balanced across my front for a long period.

We then went to town, I quickly put the ring sling over my shoulder as we were just going to a few shops.

sammy
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I am so chuffed!
My new baby has been a bit of a screamer but I thought thats pretty normal she's only been coming a month 2 half days a week and is 9mths.

Anyway today I thought I would try my sling to see if it comforted her a bit more.

All I can say is WOW! The difference is amazing she calmed down straight away and has just fallen asleep while playing with my hair.

I can highly recommend these slings http://www.peppermint.com/

Mine is the maya wrap - I didn't buy from this site though.

I know we have had threads on these before but thought I would post for any newer members. :clapping:

I used one too on a VERY clingy child and it did work as did give me peace but ONLY when wearing him, as soon as he was out of the sling wahhhhhh- this went on for 9 months!! they are very comfortable.

Blaze
05-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I love my hug a bub sling.:thumbsup: