PDA

View Full Version : 10yrold and periods

mushpea
24-03-2009, 09:06 PM
hi sory i know this isnt childminding related but my daughter is 10yrs old and started her periods today she came home from school early with a headache, stomach ache and a tempreature so i thougt she was ill but after talking to her it turns out she has started her periods, new it was going to happen but she still my baby:eek:
she had some tea then went to bed at 6.30pm and fell asleep and is still asleep, feel so sorry for her, wish i could take it away, she is suffering stomach cramps too wich is just not fair.
both me andmy mum and bad period pains and think she has inherited it. poor kid

Twinkles
24-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Poor little girl :( I started mine at 11 and both me and my dd suffered with really bad cramps so I know what she's going through. You may have to take her to your GP for suitable painkillers.
Seems so young doesn't it.

jellytot
my dd 11 started her periods in Jan, it is such a strange feeling isnt it. knowing it is going to happen soon and it happening is completely different.

give her lots of hugs and love oh and some chocolate :)

TheBTeam
what a shame it is so young to be stuck with them, it made me think my dd is almost 7, i hope she is much later than 10, although i started early and remember how horrible it was.

huggableshelly
24-03-2009, 09:13 PM
aww bless her its hard seeing your own child in pain, i hate it too.

a child i used to nanny foor was only 9, i arrived at work and Dad was so stressed he didnt know what to do so left it all to me. I had to call mum as didnt know what had already been discussed, she came straight home to take over and sit with her baby.

I hope she doesnt suffer once her cycle has settled.

hugs xxx

Pedagog
24-03-2009, 09:16 PM
poor little mite I was 10 when I started.

miss mopple
Aww, poor little mite. Hope she's ok.

Reading this has made me realise I really need to talk to my eldest very soon as we havent had 'the conversation' yet and she'll be 10 this year. She has all the mood swings etc already so I doubt she'll be a late starter somehow.

sarah707
Celebrate with her when she is feeling a little better.

Why not get her a little make up bag and put together some spare nicks, a couple of towels, some disposal bags and a few wipes in a plastic bag...?

It will hopefully make her feel more in control when she's at school.

I have one for dd and one on a shelf for an older minded girl to use if she ever needs it and I know they appreciate them :D

Ripeberry
Oh that is young. I was 12yrs old when i started and right until about 20yrs old they used to be really painfull. Almost fainted in double Physics as the pain was so bad :( But thankfully since then i've not had any pains at all and just get it over within 4 days.

mushpea
24-03-2009, 09:18 PM
j;ust seems really unfair at this age, she is quite inocent too not really street wise type kid, we have spoken about it before so she was prepared but still upset and embarrased, it surprised me that it took it out of her so much, she dont normaly go to bed till 8pm and even then dont always go straight to sleep, but she been zzz since 6.30pm poor girl.
not sure wether to send her to school tommoro cause if i keep her off her freinds will ask why, they will see her in the morning as i have my sons school assembly to watch so cant say shes ill but dont want to send her if she really not right.

sarah32
24-03-2009, 09:19 PM
oh my god, that seems so early.

I think I was about 13, my daughter is 9 this year and im a bit worried, I know its natural but like you said they are our babies.

mushpea
24-03-2009, 09:20 PM

Why not get her a little make up bag and put together some spare nicks, a couple of towels, some disposal bags and a few wipes in a plastic bag...?

I have one for dd and one on a shelf for an older minded girl to use if she ever needs it and I know they appreciate them :D

what a lovley idea , i think i will do this for her and surpise her with it or even take her out the weekend so she can choose the bag, thanks for that

louised
24-03-2009, 09:22 PM
How awful for her, my DD is 12 in may and i am really dreading this happening as she still feels like my baby, i know it's gonna happen but I'd rather it never did and she stayed my baby forever!

TheBTeam
24-03-2009, 09:26 PM
You could throw a party for her, that is what the mum of my jamaican friend did when she started, she was horrified!:panic: :laughing:

mushpea
24-03-2009, 09:29 PM
oh my goodness, i think i would be so embarresed to have a party about it if i was my baby , you poor friend.
just thought, my poor girl has a male teacher:panic: he is a lovley bloke though and really helpful and understanding but i bet she will be well embaresed if she knows he knows. thnk i will speak to the school tomoro

singlewiththree
24-03-2009, 09:35 PM
My mum rang round all the family and announced it very loudly on the phone, I was upstairs crying my eyes out. I'd started 4 days earlier but hadnt told her as I knew that would happen. I have 2 older sisters, I was 13, knew where everything was kept and just got on with it. My DD is 8 next week and she is big for her age in 9-10 starting to develop breasts and have hormones and I'm really dreading the day. I feel sorry for you and your DD.

LOOPYLISA
24-03-2009, 09:36 PM
My dd was 9 and half, she has coped really well bless her, like you say they are our babys. :thumbsup:

Twinkles
24-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Someone I know took his daughter out on a special lunch , just him and his dd as he said it was a ' right of passage ' and we don't celebrate them as other cultures do.

I know I'd have just curled up into a ball of embarassment if my Dad had done that :laughing:

Demonjill
24-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Aww your poor wee baby!:(

My dd is 11 and she is showing all the signs of starting soon. Luckily we have talked about it but she is still scared, I think they all are. Im glad we can talk about these things I never could with my mum:panic:

dd is a swimmer training 3 times a week so that could cause some probs in the early days.:(

LisaMarie
25-03-2009, 08:27 AM
aww but shes still your baby!!

my DD is 2 and half, so its a way off for me, but I didnt start mine till I was half way through year 9!! I was a late developer.

mandy moo
25-03-2009, 09:20 AM

ahhh Sarah, thats a lovley idea.
Ive got 2 boys, L is 11 in september, and I know this sometime this year they have there 1st Sex Ed class, so I guess I better start explaining periods soon.
They already know I take a pill to stop me having any more babies and they've both seen my tampax and pads and up till nowhave explained them by say the same thing as above they stop me having babies:laughing:
I think Im gonna have to have a little chat with the eldest one soon.
Oh the joys of motherhood:)

Lick'le Oakes
25-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Just to say my little girl was 9 on the 20th October and started on the 22nd. She coped brillently but i cried and cried.

She had a little pouch thing that she took to school in her bag for when it happenen again, they fell out of her bag and all the other kids now call her jam tart and make comments like strawbwrry jam to her. They were so cruel so although she coped well with it now she doesn't.

LOOPYLISA
25-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Just to say my little girl was 9 on the 20th October and started on the 22nd. She coped brillently but i cried and cried.

She had a little pouch thing that she took to school in her bag for when it happenen again, they fell out of her bag and all the other kids now call her jam tart and make comments like strawbwrry jam to her. They were so cruel so although she coped well with it now she doesn't.

Thats so cruel, why can kids be so nasty, like i said my dd was just over 9, i was so sad for her as well but they do cope with it well bless them :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
25-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh I feel for you both. Periods have always been talked about freely in our house - there are enough ads on TV to start the conversation :rolleyes:

DD started last summer at 14. She is upstairs now in bed with a migraine which she never had before periods.:( Coped really well as she was older and was waiting for the inevitable. Most of her friends had started and she felt the odd one out. She has a pretty make up bag to put pads in, thank god they have improved since I was her age - they were the size of disposable nappies. :laughing:

DS(12) knows all about them but does not want to talk:) He is very understanding when she feels grotty and she tells him why, so sweet of him :) :)

mandy moo
25-03-2009, 11:53 AM

Bless her,
That is bullying,
sorry that sounds harsh, but If that was my child Id have been in school and having a word with the Head or failing that the class teacher.
He/she should be having a word with the kids involved and prehaps doing a/another Sex Ed lesson or something on bullying.
Rant over

Adiamond
25-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Awww bless her that is early!!! My DD was 12 when she started,she has struggled with them ever since, she is now 14.She was in soooo much pain I cried for her many a time.I ended up taking her to the docs about 6 months ago as she was having to have so much time off school and he has put her on the pill!!!! I wasn't happy about this but it seems to be doing the trick-no pains and really light periods :) She is still my baby even though she acts and looks like a young lady :) :) :) x x x

Hebs
25-03-2009, 01:27 PM
my daughter is 12 and no periods here :)

however she has been hormonal for years (since she was 9) and has now started to develope breasts so i think we'll have Aunty flo with us by the end of the year :(

she's also going on the pill once her periods are regular as we have a family history of really bad periods, my sister even had a hysterctomy at the age of 32 :eek: and my mum was 34 due to the severe bleeding.

My GP is the one who sugested it if her periods are bad

oakie dokie
25-03-2009, 01:46 PM
my daughter is 13 in feb and still nothing i'm expecting itsoon though.

Lick'le Oakes
25-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Bless her,
That is bullying,
sorry that sounds harsh, but If that was my child Id have been in school and having a word with the Head or failing that the class teacher.
He/she should be having a word with the kids involved and prehaps doing a/another Sex Ed lesson or something on bullying.
Rant over

Oh beleive me i sure went into the school and played hell.:blush: All my emotions were out of control that day i'm afraid to say.

mandy moo
26-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Oh beleive me i sure went into the school and played hell.:blush: All my emotions were out of control that day i'm afraid to say.

Yay, parent power:) :clapping: :laughing:
Was any thing done/said?