PDA

View Full Version : I.C.E Book......

Zoemum2four
24-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I've just made an ICE book and I am thinking about putting in pics of my mindees as this will give police/paramedic an idea which child is which also inluding my own children (Photo ID)....But i have now come to a question in my own head would this be breaking confidentialitiy or could i get round this by getting the parents to sign a consent form saying i can keep all their child's details in this book eg: Name, DOB, Parent Details, Allergy details......

What do you all think ?

Thanks Zoe

donnadoo2004200
24-03-2009, 08:56 PM
I've just made an ICE book and I am thinking about putting in pics of my mindees as this will give police/paramedic an idea which child is which also inluding my own children (Photo ID)....But i have now come to a question in my own head would this be breaking confidentialitiy or could i get round this by getting the parents to sign a consent form saying i can keep all their child's details in this book eg: Name, DOB, Parent Details, Allergy details......

What do you all think ?

Thanks Zoe

I have got a book with details of mindees emergency contact, doctors name address and a photo too. I take the book everywhere with me, I have got parental consent on each page, when I return home it goes back in the locked cabinet. HTH

Twinkles
24-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Oo I'm glad you asked this question Zoe. I am trying to get together some of those id cards ( same principle really ) that some minders on here carry. I don't know whether or not to have the childs photo and name or just their photo and a password ?
I guess the paramedics/hospital would have to know which child is which but like you I don't know when it becomes a confidentiality issue and/or a child protection issue ( in case someone else gets hold of the cards ?)

Sorry I don't have the answer but will await with interest when someone else does.

miss mopple
24-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I have emergency cards with photos but not the childs name, just the parents surname and contact numbers.

Pipsqueak
24-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I have done this - I carry a small notebook - with childs photo, name, any medical details and emergency contacts. I have explained to parents what it is and they have signed their permission in the booklet.

huggableshelly
24-03-2009, 09:10 PM
I have emergancy contact cards without photos ... I wanted to do pics but have one parent who didnt want me to carry a pic around with me so decided against pics for all.

I am banking on the fact that all children are capable of responding to their names or assisting to identify eachother.

I am also banking on never being in a situation where i will ahve to use them but thats beside the point.

cher25
24-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Im glad someone mentioned this. I forgot all about this bit. Better sort something out myself.

gegele
24-03-2009, 10:00 PM
what about doing like in flip book so the pic is hiden under a flap......... well i suppose it doen't help if someone take the book..... oh it's late ah ah ah ah

mum2two
25-03-2009, 08:13 AM
I've got pics, of us, and all kids with names, & parents contact details.

Sealed in an envelope marked 'Open in an emergency', and one in each car, one on the notice board & one in my bag!

Then, heaven forbid, car accident, and no one could speak, or littlies who can't talk, paramedics could quickly indentify kids & contact nessecary!

All my parents are happy with this!

xx

Zoemum2four
25-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks girl, Im going to do pics and get the parent to sign bottom of book to confirm they are happy with it.....:laughing: