PDA

View Full Version : Do you charge?

pinklady
24-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I've got my first ever enquiry coming round this evening!!:clapping: But I need some urgent advice on a couple of things.

First of all she would like term time only on a temporary contract as things will be changing for her in the near future but I was still planning on charging half fee for my own holiday (I only have one week booked)

She will be dropping her daughter at pre-school and I will be collecting. Do you charge for the time mindee is at pre-school? I know I would if I was dropping off but I'm not sure about this situation?? I have already asked this on another part of the forum but I'm desperate to have as much advice before this evening...:blush: :blush:

huggableshelly
24-03-2009, 04:34 PM
you charge from when you pick up but ensure the parents know they are responsible for their child whilst in preschool ... ie preschool cant phone you for you to pick up if child isnt well as you arent being paid ( ugh thats a rubbish explanation hopefully you can work out a better way to state it)

if parents call you asking you to pick up you charge extra for the additional hours

if its term time only she will only be looking at being charged for term time weeks not preschool half term weeks, its up to you how you handle that, I dont charge when not working.

LeanneC
24-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Hiya

Firstly good luck tonight

I would be charging either a half day session or after school session depending on hours in my setting. If your picking up from lunch time and then keeping her until 5 or 6pm then a half day session fee or how many hours she is in your care for. Unless you are the emergency contact, if you are while she is in nursery then charge while she is nursery too iyswim.

I have a mindee who comes to me in the morning i drop off at nursery at lunch and then dad picks up in the afternoon, but mum pays me for the full day just incase he cant make it so im on call if you like.

Hope that helps

oh and I charge half fee for my hols (4 weeks a yr) but not including bank hols as i work them for a higher fee.
Leanne x

Pudding Girl
24-03-2009, 05:28 PM
If they drop off and but I am responsible for during nursery then I charge while they are there, if not just from pick up time ( well actually from the time I need to leave the house so maybe 15mins before)

buildingblocks
25-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I've got my first ever enquiry coming round this evening!!:clapping: But I need some urgent advice on a couple of things.

Great news for you

First of all she would like term time only on a temporary contract as things will be changing for her in the near future but I was still planning on charging half fee for my own holiday (I only have one week booked)you should still charge that as if it doesn't affect her it won't be a problem eg you take your holidays in school hols and if you chose to go on holiday in term time she willbe aware that she has to pay half fee - hope that makes some sense

She will be dropping her daughter at pre-school and I will be collecting. Do you charge for the time mindee is at pre-school? I know I would if I was dropping off but I'm not sure about this situation?? I have already asked this on another part of the forum but I'm desperate to have as much advice before this evening...:blush: :blush:

how long is a piece of string as everyone will charge different. i personally would charge from pick up time if I was not going to be responsible for them in an emergency BUT I would make it clear that that space will not be available during hte time she would be at PG say if they close for a day for any reason.

As someone has said they would let them know they would charge if a call came to pick up in an emergency but to me the trouble with that the parent would be gaining from that as they know you would be willing to be responsible and use that to their advantage - hope that makes sense

Mrs.L.C
25-03-2009, 05:36 PM
If its for a sibling, I would charge from the time I pick up (not whilst they are at pre school) but they would be charged if I had to pick them up early or if the pre school was closed.

However if I was not also caring for a sibling I would probably charge a slightly higher fee as they will be taking up a full time space

Alot of childminder charge whilst they are at pre school as they are taking a full time space and im guessing the parent would need you if they pre school was closed.

Its all down to personal choice and how you think it may effect your business and if you are childminding to cover the bills or just for a little extra money (of course we all do it for the love for the children)

When I first started, I charged the same hourly fee regardless of how many hours I had the child for. Then I realised I had 3 part timers, 1 of which I collected from pre school and I was hardly earning anything and had to turn away full timers so I now charge slightly more for part time hours and give discounts for full timers (40hours + per week)