PDA

View Full Version : please help me

lilsteff
24-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Incident report attack on childminder

24/3/2009

When Child J was asked to put his shoes on he refused and said that he wanted his roary shoes. Both myself and my partner explained that the shoes where far too small and he needed to put the luna jim shoes on, at this point the child began to have a tantrum and was throwing himself around on the sofa. I had to restrain Child J so he would not do any further damage to himself or my property. As instructed by Child J’s mother, I put the child into the time out area and shut the door. Child J then began throwing himself around the hall and trying to kick the door down.

I telephoned child J’s nursery and explained I would be running late with child J and that I would get there as soon as I could as he was having a major tantrum. After getting off the phone to nursery it had seemed the calmed down so I went into the hall where Child J was. He then tried to kick me in the face but missed, he then kicked me just above my groin area. I then closed the door again and tried to get things ready for the trip out to nursery, I could hear child J throwing himself around and trying to kick the door down again whilst swearing and using threatening language , I went into the hall again and took him out, my partner helped me to get him into the pushchair , during this he dug his finger nails into my partners left thumb and right little finger, he also tried to bite me and kick me, he bend my right little finger back and scratched my right finger, whilst trying to get child J into the pushchair he was using threatening language and swearing. I had to hold child J by his arms whilst my partner guided his legs into the straps which then had to be fastened with a small padlock as instructed to do so by his mother (the key was in my pocket) I did this to ensure that he could not unfasten the straps and potentially run into the road, as he is capable of undoing them.

When we finally did get child J out of the house going to nursery, child J was using rather treating language and was trying to hit and kick myself and my partner, he also very nearly kicked a small child at the road crossing, I had to apologise to the small child’s mother for child J’s behaviour. On several occasions child J tried to throw himself out of the pushchair.

When we arrived at nursery we took him out of the pushchair, I had to carry him into the nursery whilst he was hitting and screaming whilst we were waiting of the staff to open the door child J bit my right arm, the staff member opened the door and assisted me in getting the child into the building, she then sat child J down on the stairs and I went to wash the blood from my cuts in the sink, where I told the other staff member I spoke to on the phone when I rang why he had a tantrum and what he had done to myself and my partner. I went back round to find the staff member who answered the door trying to get child J to cooperate and get him to go upstairs. I told the staff to be careful as he is prone to biting, scratching and kicking when he was in the tantrum, the staff member I spoke to on the phone took child J upstairs and the staff member who answered the door comforted me as I was in shock, I then came home and took photographs of my partners injuries and of my own, i can email these for you to look at if u want to see them, and recorded the incident.

basically i have had enough and i cant take this beahviour any more despite already rasing my concerns about it. i need help writing a contract termination letter for tonight and need some ideas =( please help me:panic: