PDA

View Full Version : Renault Scenic or Grand Scenic??

LeanneC
24-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi

Just at the stage now where my precious little Mini cooper is up for sale :(

I have decided to get the Renault Scenic but unsure of how many seats to go for. Would you get the 7 seater straight away or just get the 5 for now. I dont need a 7 seater yet as i have only 2 mindees and 1 of my own. Im not sure what to do for the best.

Any ideas ??

Blackhorse
24-03-2009, 12:34 PM
hi there,

I was thinking about a car myself and my thought is that I would rather go for a 7 seater as I don't know if I might need it should I have days were I am full.
In case I need to take the car for a school run I would have to be able to take all the minded children with me so I would in this instance limit the number of children I could look after by having a small car.
On the other hand, if you can do everything without a car I guess you wouldn't need a 7 seater iyswim.

huggableshelly
24-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I need a 9 seater now lol

if it was me i would go for the bigger car if money allows, this gives you the bigger boot when back seats are dropped down allowing space for buggies or picnic baskets and a selection of toys to take etc.

Last year I took 5 out for a picnic leaving one seat down and took their scooters with me too along with the bats and balls. It extended the picnic and made use of balls that I do not allow in the garden due to low fencing and glass windows.

FizzysFriends
24-03-2009, 02:05 PM
I have 1 DD and 1 mindee when I changed my car and I went for the Grand Scenic because I didn't want to swap it in the near future.

LeanneC
24-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks for your comments

I am kinda swayed to the Grand Scenic, but i'm only 5ft tall!! Is it an easy car to drive? I drive my hubbies 07 VW Passat and thats quite long in the way the Grand is and I find its ok.

samd35
24-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi

I went from having a 5 seater Renault Scenic to getting the 7 seater Grand Scenic. I thought it was going to be a lot different in size but to be honest there wasn't much difference.
I love it, handy for not only my mindees but family and friends.

Sam x

nannymcflea
24-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Just remember that Renaults are notoriuos for having a smaller than average middle seat that you will not fit a car seat in with a car seat on each side.

I got rid of mine as it meant I could only sit an older child in the middle who didn't require a car seat, bought a Ulysse with 7 full size seats!

FizzysFriends
24-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Just remember that Renaults are notoriuos for having a smaller than average middle seat that you will not fit a car seat in with a car seat on each side.

I got rid of mine as it meant I could only sit an older child in the middle who didn't require a car seat, bought a Ulysse with 7 full size seats!

I have an isofix Britax car seat on one side, a Graco one in the middle and a booster on the other side without any problems.

Rubybubbles
24-03-2009, 05:32 PM

really? I can fit 3 seats in mine baby seats , with no buckle crunch?

I love my grand scenic, I didn;t need it when I got it because of the children I had at the time, now I use it in the hols, and its very handy for running my kids around and there friends at weekends to football clubs ect:rolleyes:
I'm 5ft3 and love it to drive, not big at all!! I had a tiny rover 25 before it too:laughing:

nannymcflea
24-03-2009, 05:34 PM
I have an isofix Britax car seat on one side, a Graco one in the middle and a booster on the other side without any problems.

I couldn't fit anything in mine, the boosters always went sideways, my big seats were all too big to fit next to each other...perhaps it's the choice of seats, mine were just wrong...so I changed my car instead:laughing:

FizzysFriends
24-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I couldn't fit anything in mine, the boosters always went sideways, my big seats were all too big to fit next to each other...perhaps it's the choice of seats, mine were just wrong...so I changed my car instead:laughing:

I use Britax duo plus, graco (the booster with the back on) and Vogager boosters, which are narrow but plenty big enough for their bottoms, lol