PDA

View Full Version : Its only been a week...

Demonjill
24-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I know its only been a week since I booked on my induction course and most of you will know its not till May :(

I just want everything to hurry up LOL

Is there any things I could/should be doing just now? While im waiting till... MAY...:rolleyes:

Pedagog
24-03-2009, 08:45 AM
First Aid, Food Safety, Child Protection/safeguarding courses.

misst104
24-03-2009, 08:47 AM
I think that you will get all you need to know from this forum until May Jill !!!!:D

xxx

misst104
24-03-2009, 08:48 AM
First Aid, Food Safety, Child Protection/safeguarding courses.

Depending on where you live, some of these may be funded by your early years dept so I would check before you pay out for them. This is the sort of thing you will find out at induction but am sure if you gave them a call they would let you know whats free and whats not :)

xxx

huggableshelly
24-03-2009, 09:35 AM
set up some policies that you can adapt later.

buy sarahs e-books to help ( I want comission lmao)

do risk assessments around your home

think about and plan your fire drills

make up a list of equipment you plan to buy once registered (stairgates toys changing mats buggies and so on)

That should keep ypu going for a little while.

Demonjill
24-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone!:thumbsup:

Just dont want to have to rush things later if i dont have to.:rolleyes: I like being organised.:D

Bitsy Beans
26-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I would definately get started on your policies as I have amended, tweaked and amended mine soooooooo many times. Perhaps try writing some risk assessments for your home and garden and likely outings (say to and from school if you are walking etc).
Get a jump on and you'll be on your way by the time your pre reg rolls around.

singlewiththree
26-03-2009, 04:09 PM
You wont be rushing things, you will just be organised so when you go on the course you will be ahead of the game. As soon as I started the course I sent off my registration forms, did my website, put up adverts and generally let everyone know what I was doing. I started the course in Sept. I was registered in Dec and had children by Feb and I think that is because by the time the course started I had already done all my policies, risk assessments, got all the paperwork in order, started my SEF, done all my advertising and website and was ready to go :)

Blackhorse
26-03-2009, 04:39 PM
sent you a pm....