PDA

View Full Version : Enquiries - do you ever think if I hadn't had taken

singlewiththree
24-03-2009, 07:30 AM
I've had 5 enquiries in the last 2 days and can't take any of them and I just keep thinking if only I hadn't take on X or X then I could have taken this one with better hours etc.. Do you ever think that? I wouldn't give notice as I already really like the mindees I have and consider myself lucky that they have never cried when mum has left and been really happy while they are here.

angeldelight
24-03-2009, 07:32 AM
It happens all the time to me

Just before christmas all my calls were for under 1s and I didnt want to take on a child that young again for the moment what with the screamer

I wish now though that I would have , I could have given notice to the screamer and then had 2 of the children that I had calls for , one would still be under 1 and another just over now

Since then the phone has not rang

Typical

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
24-03-2009, 08:03 AM
I know what your saying!

I have a lo on a thurs 8-4 thats it, my filler as I had 2 full time. Well now my full time have moved and I have a space coming up in May as another family moving, I I will have a full time space apart from a thurs! But I will not hand in my notice to this parent tbh, we have a great relationship and I love the lo so much! I do get the odd can you have him an extra day.

I am currently advisertiing for my last full time space, and think how i feel at the moment I qwould be happy for another school run:) I always had babys and toddlers, but school runs fit nicley so I can have a bit of a life :laughing:

anyways hope you get someone to fit around you

huggableshelly
24-03-2009, 08:06 AM
yep

if only i didnt have so many after schoolies then I could offer another 2 filltime places.

if only i didnt offer flexi days to shift workers

if only i could get away with telling parents that i dont care for over 8's

but then my children like having the after schoolies as a few are in their years at school and they are so easy to work with much more flexible than having 3 or more under 5/8's

Pudding Girl
24-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Yep! :rolleyes:

grass is always greener.... or is it? ;)

Alibali
24-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes, I k now exactly what you mean:)

LittleMissSparkles
25-03-2009, 07:35 AM
it's ***'s law isnt it lol x