PDA

View Full Version : Did you get a thankyou?

Fairydust
23-03-2009, 07:58 PM
I spent ages (& quite a bit of £) helping the children do poems with their special drawings/pictures for Mum, I then took the pics to the local printer to get them laminated, I took the children to our local sweet shop (very posh!) & the children each chose a small bar of handmade chocolate for their Mum and the children then wrapped in some beautiful new tissue paper & tied with sparkly string, making & decorating their own labels, we made handmade cards with lovely silk flowers, sequins etc. & the children decorated a wooden picture frame with glitter & stickers to hold a photo. and guess what? Not one "Thankyou" from any of the parents this morning or at pick up time!!! I have to ask myself why did I bother?:angry:

TheBTeam
23-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I know just what you mean, last yearthe same happened to me. This year the kids made a card, using pictures cut out from one of the bouquets to buy catalogues and stuck them on card and i wrote inside, got the same response as last year, with the exception of one mum, who left in hurry on friday and was chuffed as out of 3 kids this was the first card she got!! I spend a lot less now and get resourceful with cheaper stuff like card and paper instead of the posher bits that i used to use!

mum2two
23-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Yes. I had one parent call me last night & say how much she loved it, and another 2 said it Sat (as she'd sneakily looked!!) There was one that said nothing today & one I haven't seen yet!!

I hate it when you spend time doing something special & parents don't even think about it!!

xx

Fairydust
23-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I always made a point of thanking my wee girls playgroup/nursery for any gifts I received on Mother's Day, Xmas etc. its only good manners surely? Anyway rant over (my husband doesnt know what I am making a fuss about!)

FizzysFriends
23-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Nope, not a word, but then I am still waiting for the thank you for the Christmas presents.

marion123
23-03-2009, 08:15 PM
2 mindees came this morning both said they loved the card we made another mindee tomorrow so i will see if she says thank you i also dont spend alot on them i used to some parent like them and say thank you while others dont bother its just good manners to say

manjay
23-03-2009, 08:17 PM
No, nothing for me either:( I usually do get Thank Yous but nothing today. I didn't spend much but it did take lots of planning to get 8 children aged from 1 to 10 to make something nice. Oh well, I just console myself with the fact that I know the children had fun while we made the presents:rolleyes:

Fairydust
23-03-2009, 08:18 PM
It was one of my mindees birthdays a few weeks ago and I made a big fuss as I knew the parents wouldnt - i put up balloons, made a cake, bought a parcel, had a happy birthday banner up & was amazed that all the other parents had bought her a wee parcel too (one parent had even made small fairy cakes). I didnt expect a thankyou but thought the other parents may have received a thankyou card or a wee note but they got nothing! :angry:

sarah32
23-03-2009, 08:44 PM
I got one thank you from one parent when she took the presents.

The other one didnt collect on friday so gave them to daddy, nothing all weekend, texted her to remind her it was pay day and hoped she liked her mothers day pressie, not text back and nothing this morning when she dropped of mindee.

Sometimes wonder why we bother.:(

helenlc
23-03-2009, 08:50 PM
No, I got no Thank You :(

sarah707
23-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Nope, not a word, but then I am still waiting for the thank you for the Christmas presents.

So am I! :rolleyes:

Although I did get a lovely Christmas pressy from one family :D

No feedback from mothers day though.

Daftbat
23-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I generally get some good feedback from all the arts and crafts we do but i have learnt over the years that a little goes a long way and i try to do low cost, or even free things. I don't think the parents are any more grateful if you spend loads on things. Simple pleasures are all they need.

Eileen322
23-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I got a text from both of my mindees mum's on mother's day to say thank you and wishing me a happy mother's day too!, so I was quite happy with that!:)
E x

Pauline
23-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Yes, we got thank you texts for the gifts and cards we had done :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
23-03-2009, 10:18 PM
One of my parents tried to drop flowers in for me yesterday (mothers day) but I was out all day visiting my mum and my ex mum in law. She said she didn't want to ring first as she wanted it to be a surprise! So the thought was there! None of the others have said thanks though.

sue
23-03-2009, 10:41 PM
YES mindee mother did make a point of thanking me by Email yesterday:) think she was over the moon with all the goodies little one made so l,m happy.

SimplyLucy
24-03-2009, 07:17 AM
I've only had 1 thank-you and that was from my friend. I dropped her present round Sunday morning as she is a single mum and her daughter is too young to hide the present and produce it on the right day! She nearly cried when she opened it.

As for the others.....nothing. I wasn't expecting it though. I heard nothing at Christmas or Birthdays. In fact I've stopped giving to most mindees (the very part time ones) on Birthdays because they are so rude. A 9 year old should be capable of saying thank-you!

Last Christmas out of the 7 families I mind for I recieved 2 Chirstmas cards............that was it. I know I shouldn't expect anything, but what effort is a card?:rolleyes:

SimplyLucy
24-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Just want to add I've brought all 14 mindees an Easter Egg each......if I don't recieve a thank-you that will be it. No presents for birthdays or Christmas from now on. Will just be a card with a comment to parents about not know what they wanted because I didn't know if what I brought in the past was right!

Oh I'm such a grump! :eek:

Mollymop
24-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Most of parents were really happy with their gifts. One told me it was the best gift ever. Made me and mindee very happy.

One mindees Dad collects and drops so I haven't heard from her mum, so I didn't get a thankyou from them.

haribo
24-03-2009, 08:17 AM
i only get thanks from one family theses days. i did lovely albums for the two littlies loads of work went into them and just one dad was thrilled. the other one(mum) i gave her a week then had to say did you like the album . oh yes she said ***sits there at night looking at it and loves it. well at leat the lo gets something out of it but what would it cost for mum to comment?? i did get a bottle of wine from one family FOR mothers day and a card for looking after lo so that was lovely.

Pudding Girl
24-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Mindee did, but not me specifically as it's expected, part of my role. I don't feel offended that I personally didn't get thanked, it wasn't about me, it was about the mindee and the mum.

Mrs M
24-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Not had any thank you's. It's upsetting as I was getting really stressed over what I could do with four under three's for their mum's. We bought plant pots at the local garden centre, chose some lovely plants, painted the pots and planted the plants. Not a huge deal but cost me £10 and if someone had done that for me I'd have been very grateful.

LittleMissSparkles
24-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I got one thank you but that was because lo got so upset friday night she had forgot it they text to say could they come for it, I was in the shower getting ready tog o out and had to answer the door in my dressing gown to the dad, hair wet and all over the place. No one else has said thank you as yet though, wont hold my breath .....

Roseolivia
24-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Yes no thank you's here either.

charleyfarley
24-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I got a lovely text message off lo thanking me for helping him with his mommys lovely mothers day things, bless he's 0nly 18 months and already texting :laughing:

Both moms said thank you today (first day of them bringing them) one said I was so special and thoughtful, she loved everything, especially the photo.

The other mom said she was inconsiderate for not buying me something, the thought was half there. So thanks there again.

I know we do these things for the children, a lot of time and effort goes into the things we do so I don't see why parents can't take two minutes to appreciate and thank you us.

Carol xx

Toothfairy
24-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Yes, I got a text on Sunday and then a verbal Thank You on Monday.
We did Homemade cards plus gift tags and then they hand painted a china Mug.

patevans
24-03-2009, 11:44 AM
I spent ages (& quite a bit of £) helping the children do poems with their special drawings/pictures for Mum, I then took the pics to the local printer to get them laminated, I took the children to our local sweet shop (very posh!) & the children each chose a small bar of handmade chocolate for their Mum and the children then wrapped in some beautiful new tissue paper & tied with sparkly string, making & decorating their own labels, we made handmade cards with lovely silk flowers, sequins etc. & the children decorated a wooden picture frame with glitter & stickers to hold a photo. and guess what? Not one "Thankyou" from any of the parents this morning or at pick up time!!! I have to ask myself why did I bother?:angry:

Nothing from my parents either :angry:

Mouse
24-03-2009, 12:01 PM
To be honest, I don't expect thanks from parents. They always say how much they love what the child has made & I think they sometimes forget that I've actually had to spend time planning & providing the activity!

The time that did annoy me was when a parent asked me to do a birthday party for her child as all his friends were with me anyway. She said she would provide cake, food, party bags, prizes for games etc. I went to so much trouble - we made little invitations, I decorated the house, planned games etc. All the other mindees came in party clothes & bearing presents.
On the day the mum sent a cake - nothing else at all! All the kids (and their parents) were expecting a party, so I had to send my son to the shop for goodies and hunt round for prizes & take home presents.
I took endless photos & made them into an album with a description of what we did all day.

I didn't get so much as a Thank You! Still, the kids had a great time & the other parents were very happy!

Bananabrain
24-03-2009, 01:19 PM
I've only had 1 thank-you and that was from my friend. I dropped her present round Sunday morning as she is a single mum and her daughter is too young to hide the present and produce it on the right day! She nearly cried when she opened it.

As for the others.....nothing. I wasn't expecting it though. I heard nothing at Christmas or Birthdays. In fact I've stopped giving to most mindees (the very part time ones) on Birthdays because they are so rude. A 9 year old should be capable of saying thank-you!

Last Christmas out of the 7 families I mind for I recieved 2 Chirstmas cards............that was it. I know I shouldn't expect anything, but what effort is a card?:rolleyes:

I know exactly how you feel, I have one family who don't even wish me merry christmas,let alone give me a card!

I feel really sad sometimes,because children learn from their parents and if they haven't got even the most basic manners,what hope is there for the next generation?

My son does handmade thankyous when he is given anything.That isn't me being big headed,I just think it is 'normal' behaviour:laughing:

In the past I have done xmas pressies,easter eggs,homemade birthday cakes etc etc. I very rarely even get an acknowledgement.

I think our society is in a very bad way!

Bananabrain
24-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I have to add a bit to my last post,because I feel really guilty about being sooooo negative.

I had some acssesorize[wrong spelling] vouchers from one mum at xmas and I was so chuffed.{this is probably the only parent I've had so far who actually recognises that I do a 'job' like everyone else}:laughing:

I also had a 10 yr old snatch the christmas present out of my hands in such a stroppy manner that the other children looked aghast.