PDA

View Full Version : How much worse can it get

TheBTeam
23-03-2009, 07:04 PM
well actually i know the answer to that - it is for the very last ones to leave, so far in 3 weeks we have lost 80% of our childminding income!! All through parents, can't cope with life, work or money!! Bit of a pain when your entire household income comes from childminding!!!!

Heres hoping that good news is around the corner!

Pudding Girl
23-03-2009, 07:05 PM
oh no Lynn :(

Have you got all your advertising out there?

TheBTeam
23-03-2009, 07:11 PM
I am on the childrens information service, yellow pages, childcare.co.uk etc and have some adverts in school and community centre, thinking of putting some in newsagents around here. I am friends with a few other cm around here so we are working together to get me more business, we pass each others info on for any enquiries we get. Bizarrely i passed a really good one on the week before mine started to go t*ts up!!:panic:

Pudding Girl
23-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Have you got an ad on Netmums.com? I get lots or enqs through that, and check if you overlap into a couple of areas too like I do.

sarah707
23-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh I'm sorry to hear that.

Here's hoping the phone rings soon xx

Check out some of the advertising ideas on this thread too there might be something you've missed :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

Chatterbox Childcare
23-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Hope the next contact is a positive one. Fingers and toes crossed for you

ORKSIE
23-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Oh bless ya, I know how that feels, Lost 3 children in a month due to parents being made redundant:panic:
Didnt know what we were gonna do, But i have filled my spaces by doing what you and your colleagues do....:)
We all look out for each other and pass on enquiries.
That phone will ring soon :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
23-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks for advice, i did have a net mums ad but forgotten it, will go on and update! Better make the most of the rest we are going to get!

mum2two
23-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Hope things pick up for you soon! There'll be something good when you least expect it!

xx

marion123
23-03-2009, 08:12 PM
i will keep my finger crossed for you lets hope you get some calls soon :)

jibberjitz
23-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Hope things improve soon

huggableshelly
23-03-2009, 08:21 PM
we will have to swap numbers on thursday, I have no room left but can pass people your way if they call, a couple of other local cms are full too so will be handy to have another number to pass on to parents.

Demonjill
23-03-2009, 08:53 PM
O dear hope things get better soon.:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
23-03-2009, 09:09 PM
we will have to swap numbers on thursday, I have no room left but can pass people your way if they call, a couple of other local cms are full too so will be handy to have another number to pass on to parents.

Thank you it will be nice to meet you and the friend your are dragging along! I have just put another add on netmums for the different regions so heres hoping:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
23-03-2009, 09:10 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. Things are so tough for so many people at the moment.

I really hope that things pick up for you.

Get your CIS listing updated (keep it updated every two weeks).

My CDO said about marketing myself as after school care - getting ads/flyers giving it some wellie about low ratios, home atmosphere after a 6hr day at school etc

think I am going to try that as well

estrelas
23-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Hope things improve for you x

angeldelight
24-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Hope things start to improve for you really soon

Fingers crossed

Angel xx

Toothfairy
24-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Fingers crossed for you. XXX

Blue Boy
24-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi Lynne, Both Sally and I know how you feel, Since the start of February we have lost 4 children (careless I know, but what can you do!). Two of them were brothers and their father has placed them with another childminder for some reason without explanation. They had been with us for two a half years with no issues raised. Their fees covered the mortgage. Then there was a brother and sister who we had to give up due to school pick up problems. Then we received news from one of our parents who's daughter is 4 this year and we have had her since she was 9 months has been made redundant so we are losing her at the start of May:eek: . It is a shock to the system, but we look at it that there is always something around the corner.

We have been proved right as we have four new children starting with us in the next few months:clapping:

I know it does not help your situation, but hang on in there, out in this big wide world there is someone looking for a childminder just like you:jump for joy:

Love
Mick xx