PDA

View Full Version : do u charge extra

jaytravis
23-03-2009, 06:25 PM
i used to look after a little boy but them mum was abit funny bout paying me she hated doing it i got paid but very grudgeingly contarcted ended bout 9 months ago today she rang and asked if i can look after him in just the school holidays as and when
how would i do a contact for this and can i charge abit more for casual
dont really want to take him on but i need the money
thanks stacey

Chatterbox Childcare
23-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I would say that this would be okay but I would want 50% as a retainer and the balance paid as and when. The contract would be for 13 weeks of the year.

Twinkles
23-03-2009, 06:45 PM
I would do an as and when contract if I had space - but - she would have to book the days in advance and when they are booked they must be paid for and I would charge at least a pound more per hour.

huggableshelly
23-03-2009, 08:52 PM
yep charge more and hours must be booked and paid for in advance.

so easter hols need to be booked in and paid for my this friday .. as an example .... try and aim for fees to be paid 2 wks in advance of the school hols or more

tulip0803
23-03-2009, 10:00 PM
I have 3 on very occasional contracts. I have got the parents to sign that they understand that a\ place is not guaranteed and I can only offer a place if there is one available and that they need to give me 7 days notice with payment and that if they do not come payment will not be refunded.

You can charge what ever you like as it is your business.

angeldelight
24-03-2009, 07:27 AM
I would make sure whatever you do that you stay strong this time around

Make sure she pays you every Monday in advance otherwise she will have to pay late fees - get her to sign so she understands this

Good luck hope it works out this time around

Angel xx