PDA

View Full Version : The sicky bug strikes again

sarah32
23-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I have 3 mindee's.

mum drops brother and sister off this morning saying 2 year old had temperture, that shes given him calpol and if he doesnt get any better to give him some more, told her i couldnt do that as she hasnt supplied bottle with his name on it.

Within an hour he had been sick and i had to call her to come and get him, leaving sister with me.

When she collected sister later she said he had been fine all day.

Within an hour of them going my other 2 year mindee was sick everywhere, he'd been acting a bit strange all day, very clingy and making funny noises and faces. Dad collected him and told him he would not be able to come tomorrow.

Now what do i do with my other mindee's mother that I sent home this morning. I spose I should ring her and say now another has come down with the bug he cant come to me tomorrow as well.

Ive just finished scrubbing my rug and wiping everywhere.:mad:

What would you do before I ring her???

FizzysFriends
23-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Well mindee that went home this morning was sick at yours so wont be allowed back for 48 hours anyway, irrespective of the fact other mindee is now sick.

Mrs M
23-03-2009, 05:26 PM
If her son was sick then he should be excluded for 48 hours anyway so I would have thought you should just give her a call and explain that to her. Same with other mindee. You should still get paid.

sarah32
23-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Just rang mindee's mum that went home this morning, told her cant have him back at least tomorrow.

She didnt seem happy, told her Ive got to think of myself and my daughters, if they or I was to get ill I would not be able to have her children anyway.

Told her she can bring her daughter as long as she doesnt show signs.

I also go to tots group on tuesday and mums wouldnt be happy if I took her child and spreaded it around.

I dont like upsetting them as they are really good parents but it has to be done.

sarah707
23-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I think parents are worried about thier jobs at the moment, everybody is what with so many redundancies.

You are doing the right thing though if you are ill you close and that won't help anyone.

Hope it doesn't spread to your family xx

childmind04
23-03-2009, 06:58 PM
You did the right thing, we were down with it the other week and its awful, it was also picked up from another minders mindee whos mum ignored the 48 hours and told a porkie :panic:

Sadie's Mum
23-03-2009, 07:11 PM
I had to send a mindee home this afternoon too after she was (VERY!) sick - also all over my rug! I have wooden floors but yet why is it if anyone is sick or spills anything it is always on the rug!! lol :panic:

She only comes to me on Mondays and Wednesday so I told Dad when he picked her up that I couldn't have her on Wednesday because of the 48 hour rule!

angeldelight
23-03-2009, 11:45 PM
You did the right thing

Angel xx

sarah32
24-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Well update is mindee's mum rings me at 7am this morning to insists that her son is fine and she doesnt think its a sickness bug, that his sister hasnt shown any signs and she would of as played with him all day.

Have told her sent another mindee home with sickness as well.

Not listened to a word I said that if I get it or my daughters would have to close.

Told her Im not happy to have him but still insisted on bringing him as her husband has to go to a meeting and she cant take a day off. Shes rarely had to take a day off because of me, she maninly has days off because shes sick or tired.

Im really annoyed and she knows it, if my other mindee;s mum find out she'll hit the roof.

I will also be telling her if I have to close due to sickness bug then she will have to still pay me as she has not followed my policy.

What do you do in this situation, I tired to be strong but she just talked over me and that was that.:mad:

Demonjill
24-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Yep you did the right thing Just stick to the 48 hour rule:thumbsup:

Yuck I hate sick :(

sarah32
24-03-2009, 08:25 AM
The problem is it hasnt even been 24 hours.

But what do you do when the parent is insistent they are bringing the children??????????????:angry:

Mrs M
24-03-2009, 09:03 AM
It's really difficult. You should tell her that she CANNOT bring her child but it's easier said than done! She really isn't being fair at all to you, your children, your minded children and the other parents.