PDA

View Full Version : would you work these hours

mozarella
23-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi,

I am in the process of registering but it seems like I wil have to go back to my job part time, they are offering me a good offer which I want to give it a go before I do childminding and I still dont know when my crb checks will be finished and running out of money !!!!

Anyway, it would mean that I would need a find a childminder who would need to look after my 8 months old baby two full days per week from 7.30 am till 7.00 pm. Is that possible you think?

miss mopple
23-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I do 7am to 6.30pm as a regular day and some nights I dont finish until 9pm, although thats quite rare, so yes I would say you may find someone to cover it.

FizzysFriends
23-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I open 7am - 7pm so I'd also say yes you will find someone.

Mrs M
23-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes I'm sure you'll find someone but think of your little one first. 7pm is very late for a baby to be collected. I look after a little girl who started with me when she was seven months old and she gets collected at 6.30pm. Poor little thing was absolutely shattered and needed her bed.

Rubybubbles
23-03-2009, 01:30 PM
beauty of childminders we can open for all sorts of hours and offer flexible childcare;)

good luck hun

Chatterbox Childcare
23-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I cannot see any reason why not

Pedagog
23-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Yes no problem with taht at all.

Bananabrain
23-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I work those hours........and more.

Don't understand childminders who are adamant that they must finish at 5,I knew when I started this job that I'd have to be flexible.

Alot of people don't have 9-5 jobs and I reckon we have to do what we have to do {within reason}:laughing:

singlewiththree
23-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes I'm sure you'll find someone but think of your little one first. 7pm is very late for a baby to be collected. I look after a little girl who started with me when she was seven months old and she gets collected at 6.30pm. Poor little thing was absolutely shattered and needed her bed.

I was going to say the same thing, my children are all in bed by 7am and you may find its too much for your little one. I would work it too.

cuffleygirl
23-03-2009, 02:24 PM
As above the beauty of childminders, although its a long day for your little one and you! When mine were little, on occasion I would bath and pj mindee's as I did my own, it worked well not obviously every night! good luck. Someone will cover it I'm sure, but make sure they are not frazzled!

TheBTeam
23-03-2009, 02:25 PM
There is always someone who will work those hours, we once considered a 5.30am start when times were tough!

mandy moo
23-03-2009, 02:27 PM
I alsohave a child (she just had her 4th birthday when she started with me)who was with me from 11.20 till 7.30 some nights, she would almost be falling asleep when mum collected.
I personally I think its a bit late for a child that age to be out especially with school in the morning. I used to find it tiring too, thankfully mum got a promotion and picks up at 5.30 now:clapping:
My youngest is 7 and he goes to bed at 7-7.30.
But that is my own personal feeling.

yummymummy
23-03-2009, 03:20 PM
I work one day a week with two siblings 7.30am-7pm. They are usually picked up by 6.30pm though. The children are frazzled by the time pick up comes around but as only one day a week for all of us is fine :thumbsup:

mozarella
23-03-2009, 03:24 PM
i am well aware this will be long for my LO and it is a hard decision to make but unfortunatly i do not have a choice and it would be two days a week

Thanks for your replies

Pedagog
23-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Mozarella,

where about in the country are you, as maybe one of the ladies here would be able to accommodate the hours you are after for your little one.

mozarella
23-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Mozarella,

where about in the country are you, as maybe one of the ladies here would be able to accommodate the hours you are after for your little one.

I am in colindale, north west london

huggableshelly
23-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I try to finish at 6pm the latest as need time to feed family and settle to bed but 2 days a wk wouldnt be an issue.

there are many others that offer the flixi hours so its worth checking oyur local CIS list and make a few calls.

Also continue on with your pre-reg as a back up if you are able too.

christine e
23-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I was going to say the same thing, my children are all in bed by 7am and you may find its too much for your little one. I would work it too.

Crikey your kids are in bed early 7.00am!!!!!!!!!!! What time do they get up?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cx

tulip0803
23-03-2009, 04:50 PM
I would do it. I have a possible enquiry for 8-6 for a 4 month old 3 days - but I know Mum doesn't want to go back to work in school holidays as I would also have her other 2 before & after school, so not sure how her boss will take it.

manjay
23-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I work those hours........and more.

Don't understand childminders who are adamant that they must finish at 5,I knew when I started this job that I'd have to be flexible.Alot of people don't have 9-5 jobs and I reckon we have to do what we have to do {within reason}:laughing:

I am strict about the time I finish work and it is not about being inflexible it is about what is best for my family. I chose this job so I could decide what time I finish.

I personally wouldn't work until 7pm as I have 2 year old who I like to give some undivided attention to before he goes to bed at 7, but there are lots of minders who will work these hours so it's just a case of hunting them out

Good luck xx

brillminder
23-03-2009, 05:19 PM
i hope you get sorted , but you have bills to pay and live as well good luck

ruby
23-03-2009, 07:17 PM
we would do it as we work 7.00am - 7.30-8.oopm every day
not what we planned but that the way things are at the moment but all my children are grown up and there are 2 of us so that helps

cathy

maple
23-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Hope you get it sorted. I would work those hours if I was needed.

jibberjitz
23-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I dont think it would be a problem :)

helenlc
23-03-2009, 08:59 PM
I worked til 7 - 7.30 for a friend and at the same time had two that came 7.30am to 3.30 so I would do a 12 hour day at least once or twice a week. Luckily, where it was a friend that the late finish was for, I could be a little more relaxed about what I did in that time with the children.

I am in South East London, otherwise I would love to help you out!!! As its only for 2 days a week, I think your LO will be just fine.

Good luck in your search

estrelas
23-03-2009, 09:13 PM
i would work these hours :)

jeanybeany
24-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I have just had an enquiry for a boy aged 7 for 4:30pm-7:30pm mon-fri. I was tempted to offer a place but didn't think it would be right because of my own children. They like to be in bed for 7:30pm. I think if it was for a couple of nights it wouldn't be so bad but all week I thought would be a bit much. Shame though but can't always accommodate and I feel I need a rest at the end of the day

Schnakes
24-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I would work those hours - and do!!

I think that the little one can be tired by the end of the day but as long as the childminder is giving plently of opportunity for rest as well as play and activities, it shouldnt efect her too negatively.

Besides - it depends what her usual routine is, doesnt it?

Good luck, whatever you decide to do. Wish I could help out. :)

Sx