PDA

View Full Version : I felt bad for her...........

sarah32
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Ive just signed up a parent to mind 2 children which start on monday, very happy:) , little worried. :eek: So I'll have 1 x 10 month, 1 x 1 year and 1 x 2 years so Im going to have my hands full.

I had a call last month for a enquiry for 11 month old to start in March, but at the time she didnt know what her days or hours where going to be so I said the best thing was to ring back in February, shes now rang back and im not able to have the little girl.

Im full on my under 5's. sounds good doesnt it. Taken me nearly 6 months to get there.:clapping: :clapping:

I felt bad for her saying im now full. she said she's tried everyone in my area and everyone is full. The only thing I could suggest is that Id speak to the childminders that go to my group. I know a couple of them have vacancies. It may mean that she'll have to drive further.

I didnt know what else to suggest, lovely lady. shame.

Sarah

Banana
05-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah its a shame that she called back and you now cant have the little one but on the flip side its a first come first served business we operate in most cases and unfortunately without paying a retainer she knew the risk she was taking!

Excellent news that you are full!!

Well done you
x

oakie dokie
sarah you could start a waiting list. you never know whats round the corner.

hazelx

angeldelight
Well yes of course it is a shame

But what a nice feeling for you now you are full

I am sure she will find someone so do not worry too much

Enjoy your busy days

Angel xx

katickles
05-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi Sarah

Well done on filling your vacancies:clapping:

Maybe if she had have rang you earlier she might have been able to take one of your places, as it happens (which has worked out better for you!), you're not able to help. I suppose these things happen.

I would just suggest that you will keep her details on file & if you hear of anyone you will pass on her details (if she doesn't mind that is:idea: )

Well done again

:)

sarah32
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
she gave me her name and no. I said I would ask around and let her know. Your right I could keep her details on a waiting list. You never know, I might have a space then. Hope not.

Sarah

sarah707
05-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Yes Hazel is right - you just never know... all it takes is for a family to move away or a job to be lost and you can have a couple of vacancies...

Sounds like you're busy Sarah... don't work too hard! :D

deeb66
05-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Well done on filling your vacancy's :clapping: :clapping:

You certainly will have your hands full won't you?

There is nothing else you can do really but to ask around for her and pass her details on if someone might be interested......

I quite often get phone calls from parents who are upset because they can't find a childminder with a vacancy and I feel so sorry for them but can't really do much to help them except ask around.