PDA

View Full Version : baby treasure baskets

littlepixies
05-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey, i went on a course last year all on baby treasure baskets.... do you have one and what you have in them???

i have...
natural sponge
wooden spoon,
paint brush,
jelly ball thing,
space blanket,
little tub with rice in it
little tob with pasta in it
plastic mirror,
see through pot filled with water and glitter
big smooth stone
ball of wool,
pompom ball
a slinky
big christmas bell ball
hair brush
jelly dinosaurs

angeldelight
05-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Sounds like you have the right idea

There is more information about these around the forum if you look

Also here

http://www.contentedchild.co.uk/

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/fursefamily/page4.html

http://www.treasurebaskets.org/

katickles
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi - Yeah i made a basket, my baby gir loves it!

It has:

A leather purse
A Hairbrush
Wooden Spoon
A roll of sticky tape
A soft ball with a bell
A tothbrush
Cow bells
An old tv remote
A clean pot cloth
foam squares
A bottle of glittery water
& some pasta in a tupperware tub

She can spend ages just taking everything out & putting it back.:laughing:

tulip0803
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I haven't made mine up yet but I am planning on having a metal bowl with metal objects and a basket with wooden object and then a mix and match basket with other interesting things.

Metal bowl : balloon whisk, spoon, keys on key ring, section of plug chain stuff any other intersting metal stuff I see

basket : wooden spoon, old fasioned clothes peg, pastry brush, smoothed cross section of a branch, old fasioned cotton reel any other interesting wooden stuff

other one anything I find at the time

Sally Featherstone does a little book of treasure baskets that is on amazon at the moment. Great for ideas

Julia

sarah32
05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
I made one for my 10 month mindee, he loves it. Worth the effort. You can also just keep adding to it all the time.:)

Spangles
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I've got one but the little 10 month old I have just isn't interested. In fact, there's not a lot he is interested in, bless him! If I sing to him or read to him he nods off! Doesn't say a lot for me does it!

sarah707
05-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Come and sing for me Lorri! I need a good night's sleep :laughing:

Cheeky Chops
05-02-2008, 06:48 PM
aw thats cute lorri!! you must have an angelic voice!!! x

deeb66
05-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I've got one but the little 10 month old I have just isn't interested. In fact, there's not a lot he is interested in, bless him! If I sing to him or read to him he nods off! Doesn't say a lot for me does it!

Do you know what Lorri......my kids are like that too.....but then I think they fall asleep so they don't have to listen to my voice anymore:D .....

I am tone deaf after all!:laughing:

Schnakes
05-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Ive just started doing a treasure basket...the only thing is every thing I pick up that looks interesting (for example, a metal bell, a mini wicker mesh basket thing etc) I think....Ooh - they might hurt themselves on that!!

A little tip though - in Waitrose at the moment they have some really lovely silicone cooking bits and bobs that Ive spent a fortune on putting in to the treasure basket - a silicone whisk, a metal and silicone pastry brush etc. They are in really bright colours too. Really nice stuff, and if you buy two you get £2 off. Or something, I cant remember - some offer anyway!

Sx

rebjay123
06-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I just wandered round wilkos and put anything in i fancied plastic mirror,cats toy bell etc etc. In our local nursery they have this brilliant idea i've just blatently pinched, its called a chatterbox and its a shoebox for slightly bigger ones ( can be adapted to any age i suppose ) and its got bits and bobs in it we can talk about at quiet time as a change from story,tv etc. My in laws went to australia before xmas so i put in postcards,aussie money,a stuffed koala bear and kukabarrow ( ???? spelling!!!) then we looked it up on a map, drew the flag etc etc, this week i;ve collected some chopsticks,fortune cookies,chinese pictures,chinese story etc we can chat about and they can take the learning further if they want to. Just look out for odds and ends that can go together or even just touchy feely stuff they can close their eyes and guess or talk about what it feels like, what its for etc. Keeps em happy for ages....

flora
06-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the " chatterbox" idea, not a problem is you pinched it from someone else. If its a good idea then its worth sharing. When i come up with a good one I'll share it with you all. 36 yrs old and still waiting:D so don't hold your breath:jump for joy:

hello kitty
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi, I just made mine last week and spent a small fortune! Mine has:
a lavendar bag
shower scrunchie
ribbons
willow ball
honey dipper
metal ball
feather
paintbrush
metal bowls
wooden eggcup
wooden napkin rings
metal tea strainer
organza
scrunchy foil ball
ping pong ball
mini metal whisk
wooden screw nut cracker
scrunchy kitchen scourer
wooden peg
magnets
wooden spoon

Don't think I've got room for anything else!!!!

Cheeky Chops
06-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I LOVE this chatterbox idea!! I am defo gunna do something similar for my quiet time!!! also I love the theme idea!!! Some childminders have something similar for school aged children, they have a shoebox that is made like a postbox and if they have something on their minds or something that bothered them at school they can write a note and post it in here, then the childminders discuss it with the child and the parents. I think its great cos sometimes the schoolies get over looked in that way and this is a great idea to help that!! I just havnt had any schoolies to try it out on yet!! hehe xx

mamapink
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
hi
I am going to make up one of these as an easter pressie for my friends little one and put one away for when i start to mind thanks

bye
pink:o
xx

katickles
06-02-2008, 09:09 PM
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh I like the chatterbox idea!!!

:)

muminamini
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Oooh I love the chatter box idea - how fab.

I have a treasure box for my daughter and she just liked playing with the box!!!!

In it i have:

A sponge pan scourer
Pine cone
Silver metal star
metal egg cup
velvet lined jewellery box
cork coaster
make up brush
wooden cube
wood body massager thingy
mirror
teaspoon
square of tin foil

ajs
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the " chatterbox" idea, not a problem is you pinched it from someone else. If its a good idea then its worth sharing. When i come up with a good one I'll share it with you all. 36 yrs old and still waiting:D so don't hold your breath:jump for joy:

ha ha.
i am sure you are full of good ideas don't put your self down flora.xx

mel
12-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I've just made up my treasure basket this morning for a total of £16 including the basket so I am really pleased. I went to Wilko and dunelm, stole lots of the ideas from contentedchild site :o and am really pleased with the result. I had contemplated buying one already made up but I'm glad I spent the time doing it!

Mel x